Requesting for advice on the height of wall mount speakers

rex0723

Reaction score
Hi everyone

Would like to seek some expert advice.

I recently bought a Onkyo SKS-HT588 5.1.2-Channel Home Theater Speaker System and was wondering at what height should I mount the surround rear speakers. Should I mount it a few inches above the sofa or should I get a mount that tilts and angle it towards the sofa?

Cgn5ZnJ.png

Appreciate everyone's help. Thanks!

Last edited:

benedium

Reaction score
Not an expert, but I would personally mount around a foot above ear height and yes I think best to angle towards center listener. Reason is probably to avoid left and right audience heads.

Mine are small bookshelf speakers on adjustable stands and on tilted foam pads to point to ears as much as possible.

Last edited:

benedium

Reaction score

rex0723

Reaction score
Thanks! My electrician have laid the cable too high though. Probably need to find some other ways or to get a wall mount that tilts the speaker?

benedium

Reaction score
Thanks! My electrician have laid the cable too high though. Probably need to find some other ways or to get a wall mount that tilts the speaker?
Do what you can. Surrounds speakers no need be too fussy I guess. If you want wallmount brackets I have some new unused. Can PM me will sell cheap otherwise just wasted since I don't need anymore.

Other than that, can consider building or buying some kind of shelf to place the speakers.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.