RESMED for sleep apnea? Any comments?

dreant

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Do you guys install an inline bacteria filter on the hose? If yes, what filter did you install?

I use generic in-line bacterial filters with my CPAP - whatever is reasonably priced when I am reordering supplies. Do note that these filters are hydrophilic, and should *not* be used with a humidifier.

Most heated humidifiers target around 80% humidity, and it's usually higher than that in SG (unless you sleep in an air conditioned room); hence I never felt the need to use it when I am in SG. I only use my heated humidifier in the winter months, and remove the in-line bacterial filter whenever I do.

hostet

Reaction score
I use generic in-line bacterial filters with my CPAP - whatever is reasonably priced when I am reordering supplies. Do note that these filters are hydrophilic, and should *not* be used with a humidifier.

Most heated humidifiers target around 80% humidity, and it's usually higher than that in SG (unless you sleep in an air conditioned room); hence I never felt the need to use it when I am in SG. I only use my heated humidifier in the winter months, and remove the in-line bacterial filter whenever I do.

Ok noted. Once again thank you bro.

dreant

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
1+2 years. effectively, the extended warranty was 78. So u have to take into consideration into this.

:s11: So, you paid SGD78 for one additional year of extended warranty (the Resmed S10 comes with a 2 year warranty by default), which includes "free" yearly servicing/maintenance of the unit during this warranty period.

And when your unit started making strange sounds, you brought it in for one of these "free" checkups (hence, still under your extended warranty period), and they told you it's broken, and wanted you to pay SGD1,000 to fix it? :s22:

And, when you went back a second time, they said they made a mistake, and fixed it for free? :s8:

The whole episode sounds... odd.
Oh well, glad it worked out I guess.

Last edited:

hostet

Reaction score
Shipping to Singapore from CPAP.com

Hi Guys,

I have order the Resmed S10 Autosense from CPAP.com and was informed that they do not ship Resmed and Philip directly to Singapore. I will have to redirect the item to a USA address. I am considering shipping through, comgateway, Vpost or Ezbuy. However how do I apply for HSA approver without a tracking number?

dreant

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have order the Resmed S10 Autosense from CPAP.com and was informed that they do not ship Resmed and Philip directly to Singapore. I will have to redirect the item to a USA address. I am considering shipping through, comgateway, Vpost or Ezbuy. However how do I apply for HSA approver without a tracking number?

Your forwarder will provide you with a tracking number once you've shipped it from US->SG. That is the tracking number you'll need to provide to HSA for import approval, with the invoice from the retailer showing the items and prices.

You might save a little bit of money with a forwarder, but ersonally, I prefer shopping from a retailer who is able to ship directly, just to reduce any complications that might come up if there are any issues even if it might cost a little more. Comparatively, it's still a lot cheaper than trying to buy locally.

hostet

Reaction score
Your forwarder will provide you with a tracking number once you've shipped it from US->SG. That is the tracking number you'll need to provide to HSA for import approval, with the invoice from the retailer showing the items and prices.

You might save a little bit of money with a forwarder, but ersonally, I prefer shopping from a retailer who is able to ship directly, just to reduce any complications that might come up if there are any issues even if it might cost a little more. Comparatively, it's still a lot cheaper than trying to buy locally.

Hi dreant,

Definitely I would prefer direct shipping via Fedex etc to Singapore. However CPAP.com informed me that there are shipping restriction and they can ship Resmed and Philip to Singapore directly although there is an option for International shipment to Singapore in their check out page.

I have checked with Vpost and they do not provide any tracking information during transit to Singapore. However the CS indicated that I will have to send them the prescription before they can ship the item from their warehouse in USA. Are they able to clear the cargo with the submitted prescription?

dreant

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Definitely I would prefer direct shipping via Fedex etc to Singapore. However CPAP.com informed me that there are shipping restriction and they can ship Resmed and Philip to Singapore directly although there is an option for International shipment to Singapore in their check out page.

I have checked with Vpost and they do not provide any tracking information during transit to Singapore. However the CS indicated that I will have to send them the prescription before they can ship the item from their warehouse in USA. Are they able to clear the cargo with the submitted prescription?

Indeed, that's why I don't buy from cpap.com I used to order from 1800cpap instead - I'm not sure if they still ship direct. There is a 10% discount code (take10) that makes their prices comparable to most others.

I wouldn't use vpost - too many horror stories about them. If you're set on buying from cpap.com, you might like to consider using a different forwarder instead. Another thing to consider about forwarders is their US address location. Some states have taxes, and you may be charged that at point of sale.

Last edited:

hostet

Reaction score
Indeed, that's why I don't buy from cpap.com I used to order from 1800cpap instead - I'm not sure if they still ship direct. There is a 10% discount code (take10) that makes their prices comparable to most others.

I wouldn't use vpost - too many horror stories about them. If you're set on buying from cpap.com, you might like to consider using a different forwarder instead. Another thing to consider about forwarders is their US address location. Some states have taxes, and you may be charged that at point of sale.

Yes I'll take note of the tax thing. Appreciate your advise.

XpapXpap

Reaction score
The last order i ship thru ezbuy. No problem with shipping and the cpap arrived fine. Their pricing is also very competitive. There are 2 mode of shipping which you can choose from.
Remember to apply permit with HSA in case custom ask for it. Though they didn’t ask for my permit the last time.

hostet

Reaction score
The last order i ship thru ezbuy. No problem with shipping and the cpap arrived fine. Their pricing is also very competitive. There are 2 mode of shipping which you can choose from.
Remember to apply permit with HSA in case custom ask for it. Though they didn’t ask for my permit the last time.

Hi XpapXpap,

May I know how did you apply for the permit without tracking number from Ezbuy?

junelloh

Reaction score
I have jus shipped my Philips dreamstation from cpap.com through Ezship . Included the order number cos I didn’t have other numbers.

However I have a problem I can’t seems to register an account with my serial number. Is there anyone who brought dreamstation from cpap.com who managed to register an account?

hostet

Reaction score
Hi,

May I know what are you guys using to clean your mask add tubing. Do you use mask wipes? What are the wipes that are suitable for the mask?

Last edited:

dreant

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi,

May I know what are you guys using to clean your mask add tubing. Do you use mask wipes? What are the wipes that are suitable for the mask?

Tube; just run water through it, and leave it to dry.
Mask; just soap and water for any silicone/plastic parts, and just drop any fabric parts into the washing machine in a net.

hostet

Reaction score
Tube; just run water through it, and leave it to dry.
Mask; just soap and water for any silicone/plastic parts, and just drop any fabric parts into the washing machine in a net.
Hi dreant,

Thank you very much for the information.

Jokeem

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have just been diagnosed with OSA by SGH and is now on trial for a month on a Resmed Airsense 10. Did a home sleep test which is not "medisaverble".

As CPAP machine prices are so expensive in Singapore, I am thinking of getting one from USA. I chanced upon this forum and it has been a great source of information. I emailed both 1800cpap and cpap.com. 1800 cpap's customer service is great, replying timely and answering my question. Whereas for cpap.com, they do not reply for days and when they do, they did not answer to my questions repeatedly. I have more or less given up on cpap.com already.

I did a shipping cost calculation: 1800cpap using Fedex direct to Singapore is USD80 vs Comegateway's USD50. The difference is only USD30 but you will get it faster and presumably safer vs going through a third party. I did not check out ezbuy as some of you have experience with.

I have a problem sleeping on the side as leakages occurs. I am using a nasal mask. Do any of you use a CPAP pillow to sleep? If you do, does it work? I am still trying to get use to the mask as I am subconsciously aware that the mask is on me.

Thanks!

hostet

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have just been diagnosed with OSA by SGH and is now on trial for a month on a Resmed Airsense 10. Did a home sleep test which is not "medisaverble".

As CPAP machine prices are so expensive in Singapore, I am thinking of getting one from USA. I chanced upon this forum and it has been a great source of information. I emailed both 1800cpap and cpap.com. 1800 cpap's customer service is great, replying timely and answering my question. Whereas for cpap.com, they do not reply for days and when they do, they did not answer to my questions repeatedly. I have more or less given up on cpap.com already.

I did a shipping cost calculation: 1800cpap using Fedex direct to Singapore is USD80 vs Comegateway's USD50. The difference is only USD30 but you will get it faster and presumably safer vs going through a third party. I did not check out ezbuy as some of you have experience with.

I have a problem sleeping on the side as leakages occurs. I am using a nasal mask. Do any of you use a CPAP pillow to sleep? If you do, does it work? I am still trying to get use to the mask as I am subconsciously aware that the mask is on me.

Thanks!
Hi Jokeem,

My sleep study was covered by my health insurance and my experience with CPAP.com is good. I contacted them through their live chat channel and gotta their reply almost immediately. Further to that, you will get a 15% discount code by signing up their newsletter. CPAP.com do not ship direct and I have my Airsense for her (recommended by several users here) shipped to comgateway warehouse. Do note that for her model cost much more at 1800ccpap.com. If you are a new comgateway user, your shipment will be automatically upgraded to priority and it takes 5 days including weekend to arrive at Singapore, However the ground shipping CPAP.com offer for free to comgateway warehouse takes 7 days which is really slow. Hence we are talking about 12 to 13 days of shipment time and my order arrive at my home in perfect condition. When you make your order with either CPAP.com or 1800cpap.com, you may want to include some accessories e.g. bacteria filter.

I could not comment on the CPAP pillow as I do not use it. I am using the Philip Dreamwisp nausal mask where the tube port is located on top of the head.

Jokeem

Reaction score
Hostet, thanks for your reply.

I have decided to get the Airsense 10 Autoset as this is the model that I am currently on trial with. As per your suggestion, I am also listing out the accessories that I will get along with the cpap order.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.