RESMED for sleep apnea? Any comments?

Petertan#

Reaction score
i try with 6 for humidifier and middle of the sleep-like snockering, water fill-up the tube and when breath will have blowing water with straw sound.

i changed from resmed P30i to philips mask which covers the whole nose.
the reading a bit unbelievable.

using p30i mask, i get average 5 AHI pernight
when using the Philips mask, i get average 0.5 AHI only.

is it something wrong with the machine?
I hv exact setup as you. Was just talking to a local philips guy 5 mins ago only to possible buy their nasal mask...$250.. haha !!

May you shld try for a few more days to get an agregated results ? Pls share yr findings thereafter. TIA

Petertan#

Reaction score
To all gurus, last night i have air leak of 36litre/hr.. I am a mouth breather too. Am wondering in addition to possible mask leak, can the air leak through mouth be counted towards this 36l/hr total air leak too ? I am using airsense 10. TIA

dreant

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
a) Bacterial in-line filters are hydrophilic, and should not be used with a humidifier.

b) The humidity in SG is always above 80%, which is what most humidifiers target, hence, in my opinion, it doesn't make much difference unless you sleep in an air-conditioned room. For me, I only use my humidifier in winter when the air is a lot drier, and only use only when necessary as I'm generally lazy and dislike having an additional thing to wash/clean/dry daily. But mainly, because I like to use an additional in-line anti-bacterial filter, which can't be used with a humidifier.

c) If you have condensation in your tube while running a humidifier, a heated tube and/or an insulating wrap around your tube could help reduce/eliminate it.

ResMed's climateline heated tube contains a sensor at the end, to help maintain a constant temperature even if the ambient temperature in your room changes significantly over the course of the night. This usually happens in countries with 4 seasons, and not so much in SG, where the temperature tends to remain pretty constant all night long, all year round),

d) If you open your mouth while you sleep, air will "leak", and your AHI will be affected. Either try using a full face mask, or look into using a chinstrap to keep your mouth closed.

adriankmf

Reaction score
I hv exact setup as you. Was just talking to a local philips guy 5 mins ago only to possible buy their nasal mask...$250.. haha !!

May you shld try for a few more days to get an agregated results ? Pls share yr findings thereafter. TIA
ok,
will try both masks again and see the difference.

I sleep in an aircon room, humidity is 40%++, so I think much more comfortable with a humidifier running.

tonymontana74

Reaction score
b) The humidity in SG is always above 80%, which is what most humidifiers target, hence, in my opinion, it doesn't make much difference unless you sleep in an air-conditioned room. For me, I only use my humidifier in winter when the air is a lot drier, and only use only when necessary as I'm generally lazy and dislike having an additional thing to wash/clean/dry daily. But mainly, because I like to use an additional in-line anti-bacterial filter, which can't be used with a humidifier.
Before starting on CPAP, i read thru all 55 pages on this thread, and , being a lazy person myself, tried without humidifier (I generally only use my airconditioning on very warm nights). Without humidifier, I found my nose itchy and dry and that wakes me up sometimes. After using the humidifier, I found it a lot more comfy (although the first night with the humidifier set to "6" wasn't good, too wet.)

tonymontana74

Reaction score
To all gurus, last night i have air leak of 36litre/hr.. I am a mouth breather too. Am wondering in addition to possible mask leak, can the air leak through mouth be counted towards this 36l/hr total air leak too ? I am using airsense 10. TIA
You can check your data on OSCAR and see when during the night you have leaks. Some of my leaks last for 4, 5 minutes. I guess the mask dislodges every now and then when one tosses and turns in bed. As for mouth breathing, well, I've opened my mouth for 10, 20 seconds just to test the sensation of air rushing out of my mouth (that's when I'm not asleep yet), and it doesn't seem to register as a "leak" in the event charts. So my guess is, No.
Also, I think if you're sure you're spending a lot of time with your mouth open during sleep, you need to get that fixed else I doubt the therapy will work well. If u read thru this forum, some have used a tape across the mouth, or chinstrap

Last edited:

Petertan#

Reaction score
Hi all, I am trying to buy airsense 10(for her) from US but seems icpap(no stock) and cpap(near USd1000) is not desirable.

Can advise any other trustable website in USA to buy the cpap and which also can do international shipping to singapore too ? TIA

dreant

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all, I am trying to buy airsense 10(for her) from US but seems icpap(no stock) and cpap(near USd1000) is not desirable.

Can advise any other trustable website in USA to buy the cpap and which also can do international shipping to singapore too ? TIA

I've previously purchased from 1800cpap.com, but it seems they currently have nothing in stock.... I wonder if they're getting bought out, or something.

I've also previously purchased from SecondWind CPAP.

You won't be able to purchase from cpap.com, as they do not ship any ResMed or Philips Respironics products internationally.

BTW, you do know that ResMed just launched the Airsense 11 series of units right? I'm not sure what's new, but I'm sure various reviews and comments will start to show up online soon, if they haven't already.

You do currently have a doctor's precription for a CPAP unit and mask right? You won't be able to import a unit without one.

tonymontana74

Reaction score
Wonder how much the AS11 will be retailing at? Doesn't seem to be much changed in terms of functionality, except that it looks more modern and has a touchscreen & MyAir data connectivity via Bluetooth .

Reaction score
Hi guys! Will be going for my trial set in 1 week time and I have a few questions.

1. During the mask fitting trial, should I be opting for full face mask? I mouth breathe from young and I can't seem to train myself to breathe thru my nose :cry: ( can manually make myself breathe thru nose but seems to mouth breathe in sleep )

2. Where is the best place to buy CPAP nowadays? Seems like the usual recommendation 1800cpap doesn't have any stock.. SGH recommendation for ResMeds is like 2.4k +-. Export set is around 1.5k+-.

Kum xia for any help~

Petertan#

Reaction score
Hi guys, just wish to know is anyone using a dryer machine to dry out the cpap equipments after washing instead ?

Any machine recommendation ? TIA

Last edited:

Petertan#

Reaction score
Hi guys! Will be going for my trial set in 1 week time and I have a few questions.

1. During the mask fitting trial, should I be opting for full face mask? I mouth breathe from young and I can't seem to train myself to breathe thru my nose :cry: ( can manually make myself breathe thru nose but seems to mouth breathe in sleep )

2. Where is the best place to buy CPAP nowadays? Seems like the usual recommendation 1800cpap doesn't have any stock.. SGH recommendation for ResMeds is like 2.4k +-. Export set is around 1.5k+-.

Kum xia for any help~
It is better to still try out all the various designs of mask(nasal, pillow, full mask) during trial to see best fit. Each individual is unquie. But if you really is unable to change your mouth breathe habit(you stated started from young), then perhaps have more consideration for full mask type instead, but this will be your decision. Discuss this issue with the clinician during the trial.

Fyi, I am also looking to buy a resmed Airsense 10 unit now, and yes, CPAP DONT SHIP to SIngapore unfortunately. So need to find another lobang.. sighed !!.

Last edited:

kuro

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi, what are the recommended cleaning to do for ResMed Airsense 10?

badkham07

Reaction score
Hi, i went for a loan resmed 10 from SGH , and will be up for a purchase soon. SGH is selling at 2.4K + which is rather on the high side. Anyone can share overseas lobang (i think a few bros also looking at a purchase)? Currently no stock on 1800Cpap, but (assuming there is stock), anyone knows how much more will it costs to ship to Singapore?

I was on Philips RemStar 10 yrs back , and that costs 1.4K (ex, but still cheaper than resmed).

Other than resmed, any other machine worth considering?

Last edited:

yyyyhhhh

Reaction score
I'm about to start my cpap trial with NUH. I'm a bit concerned with the side effects saw on the Internet... Asked the doctor also, doctor said not much side effects to worry about. Could anyone with cpap experience share whether there are many common side effects like infection etc.? Thank you!

badkham07

Reaction score
Hi all, anyone knows if the SKU is country dependent? I saw the SKU on my loaned machine is different from those units selling on the internet.

007Mi6

Reaction score
I'm about to start my cpap trial with NUH. I'm a bit concerned with the side effects saw on the Internet... Asked the doctor also, doctor said not much side effects to worry about. Could anyone with cpap experience share whether there are many common side effects like infection etc.? Thank you!

Just do daily cleaning of the mask and maybe weekly cleaning of the tube will do.

badkham07

Reaction score
hi all, anyone knows how to download the data for Airsense10 onto my PC for viewing? I have the mobile app, but the data seems rather limited.

dreant

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You can use the open source program OSCAR to read the data and monitor the progress of your therapy in your pc.

Important: Make sure you turn on write-protect on the SD card, by flipping the tab on it, every time you take it out from the unit, and turn it off before putting it back in.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.