[Review] D-Link Ultra WiFi AC3150 Router DIR-885L

TechVodoo

Reaction score
This good news to me, as I ST user also.
Will the new firmware support MIO TV? any ideal?

Just a heads up to those who are looking at AC5300.

The performance by far is the best I can get from a router... the speed is about 600 - 650Mbps... But I guess the monster speed will only come when all the devices are MU-MIMO enabled...

Everyone in my family is loving it...

AshSim

Master Member
Reaction score
Just a heads up to those who are looking at AC5300.

The performance by far is the best I can get from a router... the speed is about 600 - 650Mbps... But I guess the monster speed will only come when all the devices are MU-MIMO enabled...

Everyone in my family is loving it...

That's nice to hear... your performance is so much better than what the Straits Times has tested... guess the environment settings make a difference.

But personally I still think AC3150 is good enough... for the pricing during last IT Show. Anyway, PC Show coming... maybe they will have better pricing to hoot again??!!!

TechVodoo

Reaction score
That's nice to hear... your performance is so much better than what the Straits Times has tested... guess the environment settings make a difference.

But personally I still think AC3150 is good enough... for the pricing during last IT Show. Anyway, PC Show coming... maybe they will have better pricing to hoot again??!!!

I think it depends... the performance varies due to different environment for sure. AC3150 / AC5300 are ok....i didnt go check out D-Link booth this time round cos I got what i want last round already. But now with TP-Link AD router out, i think maybe after sometime, they will lower the price (i hope so).

My gamer neighbour uses wired connection but he said the performance still got difference when he bought during PC Show - the lagging improves quite a lot. Apparently he got DIR-890L at $339 and bought their AC1900 USB adapter at 50% off and give it to his nephew. Because of his experience, his gaming khakis are waiting for the Comex to get the same model also...:s13:

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.