RHB High Yields Savings account

Reaction score
I tried and I also called the CSO and thats why I am confused too...CSO tried to calculate and he said every month will have 3% on the new fresh funds when I gave him the below parameters

1 Sept: $100k
1 Oct: new $50k
1 Nov: New $50k

Total 200k

But I told him to check the CASA promo page, for Nov, there is no bonus interest even though there was fresh funds of $500k but why did he tell me the 3% is on every new fresh funds for these 3 months.

Everyone seems to have different interpretation
Are you sure you are gonna put in ONLY $100K in Sept, put in a bit more to get above 100K then you can get the next tier of basic interest rate.

maumu

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I tried and I also called the CSO and thats why I am confused too...CSO tried to calculate and he said every month will have 3% on the new fresh funds when I gave him the below parameters

Total 200k

But I told him to check the CASA promo page, for Nov, there is no bonus interest even though there was fresh funds of $500k but why did he tell me the 3% is on every new fresh funds for these 3 months.

suggest you do the following:
1 Sept: pump in $200k (if you didn't already...)
1 Oct: withdraw and leave $1 (or if really want... $0.01)
1 Nov: pump back in $200k

thank me later :grin:

Cookie Muncher

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

like that get 2 months of interest only right

a4973

Master Member
Reaction score

Total 200k

Then put FD easier to understand and less stress.

Extremme

Master Member
Reaction score

If I put in another 100k now , it’s left with a few days to oct. It will just count the interest for that few days only right

maumu

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If I put in another 100k now , it’s left with a few days to oct. It will just count the interest for that few days only right
yep. but it's better than nothing because that 100k is getting the high interest now if you pump in.

just need to empty out next month (leave 1 cent?) and reload again in November..

3XTR3M1ST

Master Member
Reaction score
Can straight away apply for premier account and put in 100k to get the same 1.5% as the normal High Yield Savings? What’s the difference besides the rates and and tiers?

3XTR3M1ST

Master Member
Reaction score
Can straight away apply for premier account and put in 100k to get the same 1.5% as the normal High Yield Savings? What’s the difference besides the rates and and tiers?
Assuming I get my account ready next week, what’s the best plan to maximize yield for this promo?

ice_angel

Reaction score
We have both a personal HYSA and a joint HYSA at the same time right?
Then we can get 3 months of 4.5% interest instead of 2 months of 4.5%.

3XTR3M1ST

Master Member
Reaction score
yep. but it's better than nothing because that 100k is getting the high interest now if you pump in.

just need to empty out next month (leave 1 cent?) and reload again in November..
Is it same if I let it sit for last few days of Sept +whole of Oct, then take out in 1nov (hopefully by then other Bank got better promo)

ice_angel

Reaction score
4.5% is only for the > 100k tier.
I know.. With daily transfer limit at 200K, we can put in 400K, 600K without too much hassle to transfer out.

What I want to find out is if any existing RHB customers here holds both personal and joint account, and has experience playing the merry-go-round game between the 2 accounts (via another bank of course).

Reaction score
I know.. With daily transfer limit at 200K, we can put in 400K, 600K without too much hassle to transfer out.

What I want to find out is if any existing RHB customers here holds both personal and joint account, and has experience playing the merry-go-round game between the 2 accounts (via another bank of course).
Why don't you just partner up with someone you trust, and back and forth between two different HYSA accounts, I assume since you already got joint, you have someone to pair up with. Much simpler.

dango_daikazoku

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone planning to put in 200k? Is it possible to do a 3 name joint account so that the SDIC protection is 210k ?

GrandJedi

Reaction score

Online transfer daily limit is $100k

F1ngolf2012

Reaction score
Sigh, any reason for that limit?
RHB allowing to open joint account via mobile app is already a big step forward for me which I'm pleasantly surprised. :) Of hand, I can't recall any banks in Singapore allowing this. :unsure:

I'm not bothered by why limit to 2 names. Perhaps, you could call them and post your finding here. :)

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.