Rock/Metal/Heavy Metal/Deathcore/WHATEVER HARDCORE

commie_rick

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
But the music kinda suck leh...:D

Suck?!!?!? Thats insulting to the pioneers of death metal!!! I do agree they are not outstanding musically but then not boring either. But back then what they played was "revolutionary". Every upcoming death band looked up to them and tried to emulate.

they dont suck man.
during that era, the recording is really bad. but who cares. the music was great. do u have cd album of napalm's harmony corruption or slayer's early albums?

i do. the sound is mono. but doesnt matter to me.because i can mosh and headbang to those tunes. the other can F off !

deathan9el

Senior Mentor
Reaction score
my sentiments exactly . :o

dunno manns ... just felt it's not Skid Row-esque enuff to my preference [cue: Quicksand Jesus/Breakin' Down kinda vibe]
even tho' it's from his latest solo album .

wish they cld just re-unite & bring back to where they're really gd at as a band ..
but doubt it's possible now with their endless friction . :/

deathan9el

Senior Mentor
Reaction score
this band acty covers one of my fave band Thrice & song . :love:

----

this is e Thrice of old . :o

azz909

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I had to google who is Miljenko Matijevic. Didn't know he's the steelheart singer....haha. Sebastian still wins. Miljenko can scream but baz combined power and control very well.

blurwulf

Banned
Reaction score
they dont suck man.
during that era, the recording is really bad. but who cares. the music was great. do u have cd album of napalm's harmony corruption or slayer's early albums?

i do. the sound is mono. but doesnt matter to me.because i can mosh and headbang to those tunes. the other can F off !

Slayer and Napalm death albums originally recorded in mono?:eek: or is it your playback system is mono?:s11:

blurwulf

Banned
Reaction score
Suck?!!?!? Thats insulting to the pioneers of death metal!!! I do agree they are not outstanding musically but then not boring either. But back then what they played was "revolutionary". Every upcoming death band looked up to them and tried to emulate.

The hype surrounding them is bigger than the music from them, enough said.
Same goes to celtic frost:D
Hype machine in metal scene never runs out of steam.

azz909

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Don't know what hype you talking abt. They were the 1st gen death metal and that's a fact many agree, I'm just stating. But then I guess you'd say Death was a hype too by the direction they took after the 3rd album. As for celtic frost or hellhammer they might not be genuine black metal but they were one of the early bands that helped to define the genre and influenced later bands. I wonder what bands you listen to. Are you those troo black/death metal type so much so that you don't care the history?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.