Royal Caribbean - Quantum of the Seas

@insomnia@

Reaction score
By the way, anybody know what is the different between the Unlimited Dining and 3 Night Dining? I know unlimited dining included lunch and dinner, so does 3 Night Dining also included lunch and dinner or only dinner?

andy1982

Reaction score
By the way, anybody know what is the different between the Unlimited Dining and 3 Night Dining? I know unlimited dining included lunch and dinner, so does 3 Night Dining also included lunch and dinner or only dinner?

3-night dining is only 3 dinners. (i think its only on 4D3N?

unlimited is all dinners plus lunch on sea days (day 2 onwards)

andy1982

Reaction score
hmm.. i see both package almost different by about $20 to $30 for 4 night cruise...

yes, if unlimited dining option might disappear if it's sold out... but keep checking, it might pop back (speaking for experience.)

if u see it, juz buy, if it goes on sale later. call RC, ask them to cancel and rebook for you.

@insomnia@

Reaction score
yes, if unlimited dining option might disappear if it's sold out... but keep checking, it might pop back (speaking for experience.)

if u see it, juz buy, if it goes on sale later. call RC, ask them to cancel and rebook for you.
Oic, if I buy the voom for 1 day, can i activate on any of the cruise day?

andy1982

Reaction score
Entertainment...

2 best things to do on the cruise...

1) Bumper cars! Really short queues, and easily booked onboard. i when like 6 times over the 4nights. available both day and night, nighttime is disco bumper cars. so if your kids are into bumper cars, this is the period to go!
Whats-App-Image-2021-06-15-at-15-07-41.jpg
20210610-183339.jpg

2) Photo ops! they have so many roaming photographers everywhere, lv 4 and 5 have them, they will sometimes go to the pool and hot tubs, and also to the seaplex. i think that's one of the ways they are making some money

I would have gladly parted with some money if there was a photographer for iFly, but strangely there wasnt.

Basic package of 3 prints + digital and 2 folders is $50 (50% off), they got an unlimited package of digital prints for $99 (50% off)

they also got a photo package with studio/walkaround, which us around $200 ($100 off)

i would recommend this for families, especially the unlimited package. they are all standing around waiting to take photos... so it's a great time to get those perfect shots of the kids. the key here is to start taking the photos from day 1. for me i got my DSLR so i didn't bother, but if i didn't i would most likely take it up.

Hot tubs...

were pretty quiet, you need to wear mask inside the indoor ones, the outdoor pool and hot tub no need. quite uncomfortable,,, but for 30mins or so it's still bearable. especially since it's really quiet, it feels like no one else is on board.

Whats-App-Image-2021-06-15-at-15-07-41-1.jpg

Shows...

the shows were decent, but with a small group, there seems to be a lack of atmosphere. they also telecast the full version of the show on channel 24 iirc, which is quite fun to do if you didn't get a seat. they seem to have combined 2 shows into 1, but have that show 8 times instead of 4.

20210610-224116.jpg
20210612-225724.jpg
Whats-App-Image-2021-06-15-at-15-07-42.jpg

Others...

iFly is still open, but they are allowing only one person to watch per flyer. the only benefit is that there is less people so the instructor give you more attention. no additional time for anything.

North star.. seems to be one family at a time. quite good value, but i always feel nothing much to see.

flow rider... that one quite good. alot of people watching, but it's the kind where most have paid for the experience and then stay there for the session. the vibe was good.

Whats-App-Image-2021-06-15-at-15-17-32.jpg

Arcade...

a few families playing, they also allow one family to enter at a time. so it's actually pretty good for younger children.

Whats-App-Image-2021-06-15-at-15-07-40.jpg

Last edited:

andy1982

Reaction score
Oic, if I buy the voom for 1 day, can i activate on any of the cruise day?

Bro, when u going? I think can buy for 24hour block, they have a special desk for Voom and Surf, its near the NextCruise area. i think got promo during my cruise, like $20 a device or something.

The internet was good throughout the cruise, good enough to watch MeWatch and youtube.

Last edited:

andy1982

Reaction score
Conclusion...

Did I enjoy the trip... yes I did.
  • awesome room
  • real peace and quiet very relaxing
  • sometimes it feels like you and your partner are the only ones onboard
  • dining in your room is pretty fun can eat in your underwear! lol!
  • no long lines at the windjammer or MDR.

what I didn't like,
  • some annoying people "aka kiasu singaporeans"
  • this very aggressive kid on the bumper cars (rich half ang mo kid, star class so keep playing and playing and playing).
  • unflexible stuff, like a schedule for room cleaning or the number of drinks that can be issued at one time
  • having a clear a ton of plates after every meal
Would I do it again?

Yes! Like everything, it has ups and downs, it was not the perfect trip, but trips seldom are perfect (unless you fork out a lot of money) it was decent for the price i paid. and i really felt very nuah... no need to rush for dining reservations, no need to rush or this sale, or that show... so overall, it was enjoyable.

Will conclude with my favorite photos from the trip.

Whats-App-Image-2021-06-15-at-16-04-48.jpg

Whats-App-Image-2021-06-15-at-16-03-10.jpg

Whats-App-Image-2021-06-15-at-16-04-01.jpg

And hopefully another great seacation in Sep!

@insomnia@

Reaction score
Bro, when u going? I think can buy for 24hour block, they have a special desk for Voom and Surf, its near the NextCruise area. i think got promo during my cruise, like $20 a device or something.

The internet was good throughout the cruise, good enough to watch MeWatch and youtube.
I heard that buying there is more expensive than buying online? If I buy online, not sure if I can activate on the second or third day of the cruise. My cruise is 24 June, depends on whether the phase 3 as per plan if not, I will just cancel as I won’t want to dine in room..

andy1982

Reaction score
I heard that buying there is more expensive than buying online? If I buy online, not sure if I can activate on the second or third day of the cruise. My cruise is 24 June, depends on whether the phase 3 as per plan if not, I will just cancel as I won’t want to dine in room..

Most of the time it's better to pre-buy, i not sure if u can prebuy for only 24hours. if its only 24hours, they will send u a voucher code to redeem when you want to start using it.

@insomnia@

Reaction score
Most of the time it's better to pre-buy, i not sure if u can prebuy for only 24hours. if its only 24hours, they will send u a voucher code to redeem when you want to start using it.
Ya, I heard pre buy and have to use by day 1, not means activate other day can use... there's not much instruction and faq online also..

andy1982

Reaction score
Ya, I heard pre buy and have to use by day 1, not means activate other day can use... there's not much instruction and faq online also..

I think you better call them to check, if they say can then ask when u will get the code to use.

i never buy package before, i always feel if on cruise need to unplug. lol! but last few times it came with the room.

@insomnia@

Reaction score
I think you better call them to check, if they say can then ask when u will get the code to use.

i never buy package before, i always feel if on cruise need to unplug. lol! but last few times it came with the room.
I see you did a royalup, how long it takes them to reply you with the result? I trying for GS also with minimum bid, not sure got chance or not...

andy1982

Reaction score
I see you did a royalup, how long it takes them to reply you with the result? I trying for GS also with minimum bid, not sure got chance or not...

they called me to upgrade, i didn't technically didn't get royal up, even though i did bid.

if u don't go during HA2/3, then minimum bid no chance.

for Grand Suite, most likely to you need to hit around 600 to 700 per night.

for me, they emailed me for the upgrade to GS, $300. by the time i replied, 3hours later, GS sold out, offered me GS with large balcony for $370 by phone. i told her to see if got anything else bigger, she offered Owners suite for $500. I told her I will take it.

i did bid around $350 per pax for it in my royal up. she could have just used that and charge me $700. :geek:

imo.... i only got this due to P2HA. there was only 400 on board, in a ship that can hold 4100+ people. less than 10% filled. even thou they can sail with 25%.

@insomnia@

Reaction score
they called me to upgrade, i didn't technically didn't get royal up, even though i did bid.

if u don't go during HA2/3, then minimum bid no chance.

for Grand Suite, most likely to you need to hit around 600 to 700 per night.

for me, they emailed me for the upgrade to GS, $300. by the time i replied, 3hours later, GS sold out, offered me GS with large balcony for $370 by phone. i told her to see if got anything else bigger, she offered Owners suite for $500. I told her I will take it.

i did bid around $350 per pax for it in my royal up. she could have just used that and charge me $700. :geek:

imo.... i only got this due to P2HA. there was only 400 on board, in a ship that can hold 4100+ people. less than 10% filled. even thou they can sail with 25%.
your original room is which room?

smurffyy

Reaction score
Food...

List of options. I think only Izumi is open for paid dining for the whole cruise. but i didn't really bother to check the rest.

i will be rating against all the meals i had on RC, for a benchmark, I am going with Chops Grill 10/10, their food was awesome and the service outstanding. everything else will measure up against that.

20210610-231443.jpg

Boarding day lunch (pic 1). they had seaplex hotdogs, sandwiches, cake, and pizza, as well as laksa (chicken or prawn). basically everyday its available, 2 kinds of sandwiches (1 with meat, 1 without meat), 1 type of cake/dessert) (black forest, cream puff, chocolate bar, raspberry cheesecake) + cookies. good selections of fruits and tea is available, they also have fruit punch or ice water.

for breakfast daily, the cafe has a couple of breakfast items, burrito and muffin, and laska is available for lunch daily around 11am to 3pm (pic 2).

if you want more drinks, two70 has juices and can toast the sandwiches. (highly recommended)

20210610-152704.jpg
Whats-App-Image-2021-06-15-at-11-33-54.jpg

Breakfast - 3/10
Whats-App-Image-2021-06-15-at-11-22-41.jpg
Whats-App-Image-2021-06-15-at-11-33-54-1.jpg

meh.. worst meal on board ever, i mainly skipped it for days 2 and 3. no change, every day its the same choices.

pastries, toast + jucie (apple, orange and tomato), grain (congee, oats, ceral etc) mains (Omelet, birrto, pan cakes (choclate, blueberry, banana), fruits/yogurt parfait, meat choce (bacon,sussage, corn beef hash)

so basically it was Overcooked ham and cheese omelet, undercooked corn beef hash, bacon fried in oil thats doesn't taste fresh. the highlight for me was the tomato juice and strawberry parfait. the pancakes were average too. Their congee was served with roasted garlic, chicken floss plus one other side, (ikan bilis fried onion etc)

Lunch + 1st dinner (pic 1) - 6/10

Given a few choices.

Apps, 3 kinds, 1 salad, 1 soup, 1 other (Can pick all 3) examples shown is puff pastry with seafood chowder, and corn cake)

main course (pick one), usually a choice of pasta, meat, fish or vege

desert (pick 1), cake of the day, or fresh fruits.

drinks: water and/or lemonade

20210610-190521.jpg
20210613-124311.jpg

Overall, kinda decent, the food was tasty, choices were limited. desert of the day was the ONLY time i had key lime pie (it was available everyday the last time)

food was quite hit and miss, for example, the seafood chowder was nice, but the puff pastry was bad (i think it was done a long time before it was served)

you do need a bit of luck here, i really didn't like anything on day 4 so in pic 2 i order off the kids' menu, minute steak.

Dinner - 8/10 (costal kitchen)

The best meal, huge choice of apps, good choice of mains and desserts i wish i could have a 2nd dessert i think it might be possible if you call them, but i was already too full to bother.

Whats-App-Image-2021-06-15-at-11-22-19.jpg
20210611-185559.jpg

Food was mainly enjoyable, especially for a seafood lover like me. Tuna tartare, smoked salmon, grill octopus, and prawn cocktail. also had roasted pork belly, beef gnocchi, escargot...

Mainly course had steak, duck, cod fish, salmon...

i would rate it higher, but i think having it delivered to the room just made the experience less exciting. little things like the apple pie not being warm for dessert, or the creme burlee being too firm (over set?) and i felt the fish was over cooked.

They also served me the wrong food once. and had to remake it.

Supper (Room service) - 8.5/10

Room service was free for all Sky and Star level guest from 6pm to 12mn, and the food was the best of the trip, everything served was piping hot. just that... no chicken wings, and u can order around 6 to 7 items each time before they get unhappy and tell u there is a limit (which for me, i politely reminded them that i am not paying the service charge, and i can just split my order) but please note you can order around 2 to 3 items per person.

20210612-235706.jpg

I really enjoyed the chicken noodle soup and chicken tenders, had it every night. my wife has the salmon everynight. tomato soup, grill cheese and the cakes were average. only normal cheese and chocolate cake, decent, but i have had better on RC.

thanks so much for this useful review! I suppose I shd order more key lime pie if I want it everyday since it’s only available on one day. Does CK have cod fish every meal or just lunch? Any idea if Star Class can order it for dinner too? Chops Grille no sides so I’m left with crab cake, lobster bisque, grilled branzino since I only eat seafood.

andy1982

Reaction score
so the 500 for owner suite is per person? total how much you pay for that room?

no, $500 upgrade for the cabin, not per person, total i paid slightly under $2600

thanks so much for this useful review! I suppose I shd order more key lime pie if I want it everyday since it’s only available on one day. Does CK have cod fish every meal or just lunch? Any idea if Star Class can order it for dinner too? Chops Grille no sides so I’m left with crab cake, lobster bisque, grilled branzino since I only eat seafood.

I had 2 meals from CK with cod fish, one was grilled, the other was crab crusted. if you can only have seafood, i would give them a call and let them know, so they can prepare for you.

if u in sky class can also order salmon from room service FOC

I am pretty sure for Star Class... u can get whatever you want. :D they seem to be VERY accommodative to star class. but do contact them in advance, and on boarding day, do meet the concierge and remind him/her of your request. i really see no issue to getting it for all meals, even if you are in a normal room, getting fish/seafood for every meal is fine.

for the key lime pie. i am pretty sure u can order more if you like. again since you are Star Class, i would just let the conciegre know that u want a slice for every meal.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.