Royal Caribbean - Quantum of the Seas

deodorant

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice ! Any particular spot you can share ?
thinking of doing it in my room actually
Think heng suay one. My room in September cruise was near elevators and had great wifi connection (they throttle you to 3.5-ish mbps though) but I’ve seen other ppl complain that their rooms hardly any wifi coverage. Having said that the lofts are all in the rear of the ship where all the expensive rooms are so I presume RC would make sure wifi is strong there 😂

Botakkid

Reaction score
hi guys, planning to bring wine up. do they provide cork screw on request or do we need to bring own up

Auntieocc

Reaction score
Hi guys I would like to check on the following:

1) Would it be better that we pay via credit card onboard or to bring usd$$ onboard?

2) does check in time for successful royalup always later than the initial check in time?

TIA

smurffyy

Reaction score
I booked on a sky loft suite and they advertised that it comes with a Voom package . Could I check if this is Voom surf or Voom surf and stream ?
voom surf and stream, your sky loft should be ok. my grand loft was ok in June- maybe let genie know in advance, can do a test on the first day see which areas of your loft seems best. my friend and i managed to do 2 concurrent zoom meetings, one downstairs one upstairs- from dining table and bed- at 3.5ish mbps.

qhong61

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score

1) Would it be better that we pay via credit card onboard or to bring usd$$ onboard?

2) does check in time for successful royalup always later than the initial check in time?

TIA
Credit card

Caeruleus

Reaction score
voom surf and stream, your sky loft should be ok. my grand loft was ok in June- maybe let genie know in advance, can do a test on the first day see which areas of your loft seems best. my friend and i managed to do 2 concurrent zoom meetings, one downstairs one upstairs- from dining table and bed- at 3.5ish mbps.
Good to know ! Thanks !

KEP66

Reaction score

I have book the unlimited Dining Package and i saw from the fine print that children 5 to 12 years old need to pay only $10. Can I cancel my child online purchase? Will the specialty restaurant allow my child to dine if he does not have booking. Anyone has experience this before.

Thanks in advance.

deodorant

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
@KEP66 only need to buy UDP for the adults, no need to buy for kids, dining reservations can be made for them as well. Not too sure the process to get the refund for your kid though.

ac2019

Reaction score
Hi everyone, will be going for cruise this month. I have purchased the UDP package and understand that I need to make reservations for the specialty restaurants. Hence will like to confirm if I should

1. Make the reservation on the RC app once onboard, just like the shows on the cruise

2. Go to each restaurant (Chope grille, Jamie Italian, Wonderland, Izumi) and book the timing I want for that restaurant

3. Go to the service counter and book all the reservations?

Also will like to confirm if I can book reservations at odd timings like 2-4pm for the restaurants? Am trying to plan my schedule here. Thank you

smurffyy

Reaction score
Hi everyone, will be going for cruise this month. I have purchased the UDP package and understand that I need to make reservations for the specialty restaurants. Hence will like to confirm if I should

1. Make the reservation on the RC app once onboard, just like the shows on the cruise

2. Go to each restaurant (Chope grille, Jamie Italian, Wonderland, Izumi) and book the timing I want for that restaurant

3. Go to the service counter and book all the reservations?

Also will like to confirm if I can book reservations at odd timings like 2-4pm for the restaurants? Am trying to plan my schedule here. Thank you
u can try on the app, but its better to go to the restaurant itself. book everything one shot once you board, before it fills up. no need to go to the service counter, since you should book all the meals at the restaurants first. i think chops can do this for you. no odd timings available, when you're doing reservation they will let u know the timings- timings are based on the regular mealtimes for lunch and dinner.

TIA
credit card for payment, but USD cash for tipping, for your attendants and also your server. If you select credit card tipping at the restaurants (even specialty), no guarantee that it goes to your dedicated server, it could be split among staff or maybe will just go to the person in charge of the restaurant (eg. manager or whoever is overall in charge of service). so its nice to bring USD to tip the staff who have not been allowed off the ship since they began sailing this round in SG.

Last edited:

chesterchen

Reaction score
Just came back this morning.

Few tips.

Earliest check in time is 12:30pm (for ART swab + wait for results etc), and boarding only opens at 2pm to physically board the ship.

App allows only one bumper car reservation session but you can just turn up, they don't check and usually let you through. It is not very crowded.

FlowRider opens on the first day, just queue once you get on board, wasn't much people at 2pm. Reservations (free activity) for FlowRider opens at 8pm on the first day, for Day 2 and Day 3, limited to 20 pax per half hour slot with one reservation max per pax. This sells out quickly too.

Bionic Bar opens at 6-9pm on Day 2 and 3.

They will strictly break up your party into 2s for dining if you eat/drink "out", though long tables can have 2 pax on each end at Windjammer and main dining area.

No more my fixed dinner timing/tables at the main dining, just turn up and queue.

North Star reservation done on app and was sold out quite quickly. US$20 per pax for adults and US$10 per pax for kids.

Rock climbing was pretty popular too, with queues.

Auntieocc

Reaction score
Just came back this morning.

Few tips.

Earliest check in time is 12:30pm (for ART swab + wait for results etc), and boarding only opens at 2pm to physically board the ship.

App allows only one bumper car reservation session but you can just turn up, they don't check and usually let you through. It is not very crowded.

FlowRider opens on the first day, just queue once you get on board, wasn't much people at 2pm. Reservations (free activity) for FlowRider opens at 8pm on the first day, for Day 2 and Day 3, limited to 20 pax per half hour slot with one reservation max per pax. This sells out quickly too.

Bionic Bar opens at 6-9pm on Day 2 and 3.

They will strictly break up your party into 2s for dining if you eat/drink "out", though long tables can have 2 pax on each end at Windjammer and main dining area.

No more my fixed dinner timing/tables at the main dining, just turn up and queue.

North Star reservation done on app and was sold out quite quickly. US$20 per pax for adults and US$10 per pax for kids.

Rock climbing was pretty popular too, with queues.
Oh so we are allowed to reserve for flowrider?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.