Royal Caribbean - Spectrum of the Seas

shaff12

Reaction score
Booked two cruises on Spectrum of the Seas once the sailings were listed. Hope that by end 2022 - early 2023 excursions at Malaysia and Thailand are a go!

From my online research, Spectrum was built to cater to China sailings, and thus they have unique features that other cruises do not have, such as the Silver Lounge, Silver Dining Room, Gold Dining Room to cater to guests who book Silver or Gold category rooms, as well as a speciality restaurant Sichuan Red not found on other ships. Solarium is also designated for Silver or Gold guests only.

For Singapore sailings, do you think that some of these features would be changed in line with Royal Caribbean sailings in other countries? One common line of speculation is that:

- Silver Lounge -> Diamond Lounge
- Silver Dining Room -> Solarium Bistro
- Gold Dining Room -> Coastal Kitchen
- Solarium restricted -> Solarium for all adults
- Sichuan Red -> stays the same?

On the other hand, Royal Caribbean has been selling Silver and Gold rooms for the Singapore sailings (mostly suites, but there's also Golden Balcony rooms). What could this mean about the Silver / Gold reserved facilities?
Seems there are some differences between Silver and Gold facilities.
But how about the rooms (cabins) itself, any significant difference between the 2 class?

deodorant

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone here booking ultimate family suite? If yes can I book interior on the same cruise and bring my toddler try the slide šŸ˜‚

andy1982

Reaction score
they got Teppanyaki restaurant :oops:

but no wonderland...

i was looking at the short Penang cruise, they only reach port in the afternoon, really not much time to do much there, maybe 3 to 4 hours shopping.

they say sail at 11 pm, but most shops won't stay open that late i guess. maybe food bah.

shaoxSG

Reaction score
they got Teppanyaki restaurant :oops:

but no wonderland...

i was looking at the short Penang cruise, they only reach port in the afternoon, really not much time to do much there, maybe 3 to 4 hours shopping.

they say sail at 11 pm, but most shops won't stay open that late i guess. maybe food bah.

For speciality dining options, when I logged in to check what purchases I could do (I booked a 3N cruise), it appears that not only Teppanyaki and Hotpot are available, but Wonderland by DaDong as well (the alternative version of Wonderland featuring Chinese cuisine). However, I couldn't find the Sichuan Red restaurant featured among the dining purchase options. Maybe we'll have more clarity on this soon.

The afternoon Penang stop is probably good for a bit of shopping and dinner, as mentioned. The cruises with a morning Penang stop are the 5N ones that stop at Port Klang on early Day 2 and Penang on early Day 3, this would be better for sightseeing and exploration I guess. Hopefully all this can happen by this time next time.

andy1982

Reaction score
For speciality dining options, when I logged in to check what purchases I could do (I booked a 3N cruise), it appears that not only Teppanyaki and Hotpot are available, but Wonderland by DaDong as well (the alternative version of Wonderland featuring Chinese cuisine). However, I couldn't find the Sichuan Red restaurant featured among the dining purchase options. Maybe we'll have more clarity on this soon.

The afternoon Penang stop is probably good for a bit of shopping and dinner, as mentioned. The cruises with a morning Penang stop are the 5N ones that stop at Port Klang on early Day 2 and Penang on early Day 3, this would be better for sightseeing and exploration I guess. Hopefully all this can happen by this time next time.

IIRC, teppan with dining package need to plus a bit of $$$. think its like US$10 or something, not too much, but its still another add-on.

i think for sightseeing, flying to Penang is better. i think i might just stay on board the ship. :D

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.