Royal Caribbean - Spectrum of the Seas

Supernova77

Reaction score
Hi getting psyched up for my 1st cruise ever upcoming on 30 May.
Putting together my packing checklist for the family as I count down, any tips?

Checklist:
- Art test appt booking
- Cruise insurance
- passports
- download royal app on all phones
- bath towels - qn: need to bring our own?
- bath bomb and bubble bar
- warm clothing for nights
- smart casual attire for dining - qn: is there a strict dress code at the silver dining lounge / other dining areas?
- Swimming sandals and sports shoes - qn: Are covered shoes required as part of any dress code?
- swim suits and goggles
- sea sick tablets
- drinks - qn: no drink package, advisable to bring our own water / coke?
- mobile device chargers
- go pro
- plastic bags for wet clothing

Any other items to consider bringing along for a family with 2 pri schl kids?
I read from the older posts that we can bing water bottles to fill water, socks for roller-skating, hair conditioner If you need for yourself., covered shoes are for Bumper cars and laser Tag.

Last edited:

therat

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi getting psyched up for my 1st cruise ever upcoming on 30 May.
Putting together my packing checklist for the family as I count down, any tips?

Checklist:
- Art test appt booking
- Cruise insurance
- passports
- download royal app on all phones
- bath towels - qn: need to bring our own?
- bath bomb and bubble bar
- warm clothing for nights
- smart casual attire for dining - qn: is there a strict dress code at the silver dining lounge / other dining areas?
- Swimming sandals and sports shoes - qn: Are covered shoes required as part of any dress code?
- swim suits and goggles
- sea sick tablets
- drinks - qn: no drink package, advisable to bring our own water / coke?
- mobile device chargers
- go pro
- plastic bags for wet clothing

Any other items to consider bringing along for a family with 2 pri schl kids?
I didn't purchase cruise insurance
you can download the app now. Can look at the cruise planner, have an idea what event you want.
Bath towels - they provide but if you are very particular. you can bring your own
warm cloth - wind breaker will do. Personally I feel this ship is warm then QOS
Drinks - u can walk in any free cafe, ask for ice water, warm water

Add on- remember to bring adapter. They using US adapter - flat 2 pin.

viethai

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
sharing this..our entitlements.
take screenshot and keep inside mobile..so far have been bringing onboard wine, bottled mineral water, pepsi, pokka drinks..all no issue

What kind of food or drink am I allowed to bring onboard a Royal Caribbean cruise ship?​

A

One of the best things about cruising is the food! And there will be many dining options available to suit most tastes and preferences. However, you are free to bring non-perishable pre-packaged food in limited quantities.
While we have many drinks available onboard, you are welcome to bring select beverages onboard.

On boarding day, each stateroom may bring up to two 750 ml bottles of wine or champagne, as long as one guest is of legal drinking age. Corkscrews will be provided for guests to enjoy their drinks in their stateroom. If guests wish to enjoy their wine or champagne in our dining or bar venues, there will be a corkage fee applied.

Guests may also bring non-alcoholic drinks as carry-on items on boarding day. Non-alcoholic drinks may not exceed 12 US standard (500 ml) cans, bottles or cartons per stateroom. Milk and distilled water brought onboard for infant, medical or dietary use are permitted.
Guests who purchase alcohol bottles onboard, in a port-of-call or bring more than the two permitted bottles on boarding day, will have their items safely stored by the ship. These bottles will be returned on the last day onboard for enjoyment once home.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/sgp/en/faq/questions/food-drink-onboard-policy

Metalskin

Reaction score
I read from the older posts that we can bing water bottles to fill water, socks for roller-skating, hair conditioner If you need for yourself., covered shoes are for Bumper cars and laser Tag.
I didn’t see roller skating in the schedule. Will there be? Any advice from those who went already

Supernova77

Reaction score
I didn’t see roller skating in the schedule. Will there be? Any advice from those who went already
I read from the posts that socks are needed for roller-skating but not sure as well if there will be... need those who sailed to advise.

SL5737

Reaction score
Day 1 bumper car, 6.30pm to 7.30pm. Can book thru app once onboard. Only 1 per trip. Can call guest services see any additional slots.
Hi, means daily only 1 hr of bumper car slots for the guests to book in the app? Thanks

Limestone

Reaction score
Can anyone advise, do we need to still tap our seapass card when moving around the facilities like pool deck/restaurants/shows?

hop_coffee

Reaction score
Can anyone advise, do we need to still tap our seapass card when moving around the facilities like pool deck/restaurants/shows?

No need. And also no longer checking trace together as well. But it is needed during boarding to check vaccination and ART status

SL5737

Reaction score
Hi, can i know if other than the app, do i need to print anything to bring for boarding? and for the app, i need to download for all phones which we are bringing? Thanks

BRYSG7

Reaction score
Hi, can i know if other than the app, do i need to print anything to bring for boarding? and for the app, i need to download for all phones which we are bringing? Thanks
nothing else needed aside from passport. just make sure everyone has the app on their phone

bigherosg

Reaction score
Different timing for bumper car everyday. Can only book once per trip. Additional can try call guest services. During my current trip they allow sandals but better to bring covered shoes in case. No roller skating onboard. Can bring pizza n food back to rm. No sale of cigarettes onboard

runforyourlife

Reaction score
Different timing for bumper car everyday. Can only book once per trip. Additional can try call guest services. During my current trip they allow sandals but better to bring covered shoes in case. No roller skating onboard. Can bring pizza n food back to rm. No sale of cigarettes onboard
Bumper car once per trip or once per day? Last time is once per day.

therat

Master Member
Reaction score
they only check seapass on the RC app and tracetogether to check your ART test result.
No need to print anything.

hop_coffee

Reaction score

They allow you to bring back pizza and food to your room? They refused to serve me when I said I want to take it away. I was really pissed at that time.

ladiesman217

Master Member
Reaction score
They allow you to bring back pizza and food to your room? They refused to serve me when I said I want to take it away. I was really pissed at that time.
Who ask u to say until so obvious its for takeaway?

For years and years on cruises, by right not supposed to takeaway food to cabin from restaurants one. The only exception was COVID. Now lifted to pre-covid times already what.

Just be a bit more discrete and sneaky and bring back to cabin when no one looking la wah lau.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.