Royal Caribbean - Spectrum of the Seas

Coffeeboy34

Reaction score
Anyone know for the key, do you check in your luggage or carry to the main dining room to have it send over to your stateroom?
You can do either one.

i recommend dropping off at MDR if you can carry/drag the luggage onto the ship.

my check in luggage only arrived outside my stateroom at 4.30pm. My check in was 11am

Am going 4 nights in Oct. Can anyone share their experience exploring KL and Georgetown on 2nd and 3rd days? No kids but bringing old folks.

Another question is Main Dining Room only for dinner and breakfast/lunch in Windjammer? When I did the cruise 5 years ago, all my meals are in MDR.

not sure about KL, as I didnt alight at port klang. Quite a distance from KL city.

for penang we explored on foot and went to the starbucks nearby for coffee fix and also temple. It is very hot on a clear day so may not be for old folks. You can get either a taxi/grab easily at the port entrance.

Anyone know what are the activities/ shows that require reservation now?
Skypad, shows at two-70 (silk road), ifly, northstar

not sure about the gym, everyday was cheatday for me hahahhaa lol

for karaoke private room, you may want to check with guest services once onboard. It was not available until very recently.

Adventure ocean, if you have little ones, you have to make a trip down to deck 11/12 to register your child on your first day 12.30pm - 5pm. Subsequently you just have to drop off your child during the sessions (morning 9-12, afternoon 2-5 and evening 7-10). Dont need reservations but slots are limited and first come first served

Last edited:

lance88

Reaction score
Anyone put baby or toddler in nursery? There is a charge at $6/hr right? Wonder if adventure ocean will see child age as my child is age 2 and if can I would prefer FOC at adv ocean

vday76

Reaction score
i received an email for complimentary balcony stateroom for 2 just after my last cruise in june lol.

i booked for 5D4N in sept. but upgraded to sky class by topping up abit.

june trip was my 1st cruise for RC.
Did u gamble a lot to get the free room?

facaimao8888

Reaction score
When i went in 2018, i could eat at main dining room for meals then head up to windjammer for extra snacks.. is this still allowed or do they keep count of the meals u take? Like on dream cruise, u can only choose btwn dining room or buffet for each meal..

Also, in main dining room , are u still allowed to order repeats of dishes that u like?

nats7798

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi, anyone did a tele ART pre departure test with good and reliable tele docs?
Can recommend?

I found MaNaDr, is it reliable since no pre appointment is required

LifestealQueen

Reaction score
When i went in 2018, i could eat at main dining room for meals then head up to windjammer for extra snacks.. is this still allowed or do they keep count of the meals u take? Like on dream cruise, u can only choose btwn dining room or buffet for each meal..

Also, in main dining room , are u still allowed to order repeats of dishes that u like?
Yes, you can dine at multiple dining places on Royal Caribbean, even within 1 single mealtime. They're not restricting you:)

And yes, you can order repeat dishes, no issues one :LOL:

LifestealQueen

Reaction score
Hi, anyone did a tele ART pre departure test with good and reliable tele docs?
Can recommend?

I found MaNaDr, is it reliable since no pre appointment is required
I just used MaNaDr for my recent trip and it's reliable!

I requested for an appointment on the day before my sail date. Waited for about 15min before someone attended to me. The whole process of doing the supervised ART plus observation period took about 15-20minutes and we were done already. SMS was strangely late, but received the health memo within 1 hour.
I flashed the health memo as proof of ART negative at MBCC anyways, and it was accepted also.

bbbbbw

Reaction score
they asked me to do a survey. I replied poor internet surf which cost $37.115 each day each person.
poor food quality at MDR and windjammers. luckily I bought UDP.
the prices of the watches and perfumes at the shops aren't attractive enough to purchase

KaiserBreath

Reaction score
they asked me to do a survey. I replied poor internet surf which cost $37.115 each day each person.
poor food quality at MDR and windjammers. luckily I bought UDP.
the prices of the watches and perfumes at the shops aren't attractive enough to purchase
Got one part ask if we are asked by the crew to provide good ratings lol. Somehow they know that this is happening?

can you eat dinner 2 times in the same day at premium restaurant with UDP ?
Yes you can. I just walk in since not much crowd. But I am not sure if it is true for all restaurants.

pikafunk3

Banned
Reaction score
for UDP restaurant, once onboard,
you can book on app correct?
no need to go to customer service counter

bbbbbw

Reaction score
Got one part ask if we are asked by the crew to provide good ratings lol. Somehow they know that this is happening?

Yes you can. I just walk in since not much crowd. But I am not sure if it is true for all restaurants.

yes but to be honest, they confirmed through email they will split the beds before arrival but they did not and i went down to guest services to ask. they said they will send somebody up and wasted my time waiting for the person.

i knew they will waste my time and try to smoke me. i could have taken my bath and have a rest instead of waiting.

bbbbbw

Reaction score
for UDP restaurant, once onboard,
you can book on app correct?
no need to go to customer service counter

just book on the app and check your calendar on the app to see if it reflects the booking. 4 nights is just nice to cover the restaurants lunch and dinner. 3 nights cruise very rush

pikafunk3

Banned
Reaction score
just book on the app and check your calendar on the app to see if it reflects the booking. 4 nights is just nice to cover the restaurants lunch and dinner. 3 nights cruise very rush

too bad got some are port days, so no cover lunch
sigh
but ok i will try as much as i can haha

bbbbbw

Reaction score
sigh

please be informed teppanyaki will incur USD$10 extra charge per person and chef table will incur USD$50 extra charge. add 18% taxes to those charges

KaiserBreath

Reaction score
sigh
Port days some restaurants got lunch also. Take note that sometimes the app like fully booked on certain timing.. but if you go over to the counter, still can book manually.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.