RTX 3000 series thread... (NO SCALPING DISCUSSION)

Ark Law

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What's the full spec? Sounds ok for 5900X and 3090 leh. :o
Nothing special other than the CPU-GPU.

5900X
16GB HyperX 3200
512GB nvme
1000W psu

Got tired of browsing listings for 3080/ti, so I felt screw it, there's a BF offer by a big brand, take it as I pay $3k for 3090 for it. Since it's FHR, can resell to miners & downgrade or ownself enjoy. Important is I get the card for myself first.

NightRaven49

Reaction score

5900X
16GB HyperX 3200
512GB nvme
1000W psu

Got tired of browsing listings for 3080/ti, so I felt screw it, there's a BF offer by a big brand, take it as I pay $3k for 3090 for it. Since it's FHR, can resell to miners & downgrade or ownself enjoy. Important is I get the card for myself first.
probably a good idea to mine while ur not gaming so can offset the scalper cost.

chunxi

Reaction score

5900X
16GB HyperX 3200
512GB nvme
1000W psu

can link?

Koenig168

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

5900X
16GB HyperX 3200
512GB nvme
1000W psu

The CPU and GPU are already worth the price you paid.

testerjp

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is it cheaper to get a full set than just the gfc?

I'm building a new PC and considering getting from one of the full pc makers. :o

watzup_ken

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

5900X
16GB HyperX 3200
512GB nvme
1000W psu

Is this a Dell system?

HelloMotoo

Reaction score

5900X
16GB HyperX 3200
512GB nvme
1000W psu

Where did you buy from?

watzup_ken

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is it cheaper to get a full set than just the gfc?

I'm building a new PC and considering getting from one of the full pc makers. :o
I feel not all are cheap. In fact, some of the components are already marked up to give you the impression that the GPU is fairly priced. So I think it is best that you do your due diligence to ensure that you are not overcharged.

Having said that, I used to be eyeing the Dell Alienware Aurora series because it comes with the RTX 3090 and was reasonably priced then, even though it was configured with a Intel i7 10700K. But I stopped short of getting it from Dell because, (1) the casing looks nice outside, but terrible for cooling as there are barely any vents, (2) I am unsure if they use some custom motherboard which will not allow me to change casing or components, (3) the GPU is cooled by a dual fan and short cooler, which I think is woefully inadequate for the RTX 3090.

testerjp

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I feel not all are cheap. In fact, some of the components are already marked up to give you the impression that the GPU is fairly priced. So I think it is best that you do your due diligence to ensure that you are not overcharged.

Having said that, I used to be eyeing the Dell Alienware Aurora series because it comes with the RTX 3090 and was reasonably priced then, even though it was configured with a Intel i7 10700K. But I stopped short of getting it from Dell because, (1) the casing looks nice outside, but terrible for cooling as there are barely any vents, (2) I am unsure if they use some custom motherboard which will not allow me to change casing or components, (3) the GPU is cooled by a dual fan and short cooler, which I think is woefully inadequate for the RTX 3090.
Ya, i was looking at Dreamcore, Dell and Aftershock. Not many with full 12th Gen setups.
Dell charges at the highest premium.
Aftershock only has Zotac/gigabyte options.
Dreamcore is also at a high premium.

I wonder if MSI will come out with their own desktops in SG within this year. :o

Ark Law

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Yep, the machine I purchased is a Dell. The appeal (to me) of their 3090 is that it's a 2.5 slot card instead of a beastly 4-slot on some AIB models, and it has some pass-through airflow like the 3070 FE. Those are plus points for me as I'm plonking it in my NR200.

Also per GN teardown, the Dell 3090 has some form of memory cooling unlike certain AIB models, and it's made by MSI.

noobiee

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

5900X
16GB HyperX 3200
512GB nvme
1000W psu

i want to buy sia

watzup_ken

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yep, the machine I purchased is a Dell. The appeal (to me) of their 3090 is that it's a 2.5 slot card instead of a beastly 4-slot on some AIB models, and it has some pass-through airflow like the 3070 FE. Those are plus points for me as I'm plonking it in my NR200.

Also per GN teardown, the Dell 3090 has some form of memory cooling unlike certain AIB models, and it's made by MSI.
Yeah, I saw the review when I was considering buying the Aurora as well. However, you need to know that the testing environment as he mention is between 21 to 23 degrees, and at least for me, my ambient is at best around 27 degrees C. And I am sure the cooler will cap the max clock speed that the card can sustain. It is certainly an attractive deal, but I think there is too much that is wrong with the chassis and design and potentially some custom board that can't be used properly in case I want to migrate it to a new chassis. In any case, since you have already ordered, then just enjoy man.

watzup_ken

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ya, i was looking at Dreamcore, Dell and Aftershock. Not many with full 12th Gen setups.
Dell charges at the highest premium.
Aftershock only has Zotac/gigabyte options.
Dreamcore is also at a high premium.

I wonder if MSI will come out with their own desktops in SG within this year. :o
I feel even the likes of AS is charging quite a lot now. If you really want to get from AS, my recommendation is to opt for the base specs when it comes to storage, fans and PSU. Then go online and buy these parts on your own. The upgrade cost is very steep, and don't forget there is already a base price, which makes the overall cost of say a SSD upgrade even more expensive.

Ark Law

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I saw the review when I was considering buying the Aurora as well. However, you need to know that the testing environment as he mention is between 21 to 23 degrees, and at least for me, my ambient is at best around 27 degrees C. And I am sure the cooler will cap the max clock speed that the card can sustain. It is certainly an attractive deal, but I think there is too much that is wrong with the chassis and design and potentially some custom board that can't be used properly in case I want to migrate it to a new chassis. In any case, since you have already ordered, then just enjoy man.
Yeah I was already aware of Steve mentioning testing in 21c environment. I have read some YT comments saying how they just slathered certain areas with thermal paste which dropped ~20c on the mem chips. That is something I could see myself doing if it really bothers me down the line.

For now, I'm just stoked that I would be able to enjoy max settings in ultrawide 1440p :s42:

watzup_ken

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yeah I was already aware of Steve mentioning testing in 21c environment. I have read some YT comments saying how they just slathered certain areas with thermal paste which dropped ~20c on the mem chips. That is something I could see myself doing if it really bothers me down the line.

For now, I'm just stoked that I would be able to enjoy max settings in ultrawide 1440p :s42:
If you are sticking with the stock casing, then I suggest you look up online for some ways to improve cooling. The stock fans need to be replaced with high airflow ones because you only have that many fan mounts in the oversized casing. It will also benefit the GPU. By the way, did they mention that this is air-cooled or water cooled? Water cooler should be a 120mm AIO.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.