RTX 3000 series thread... (NO SCALPING DISCUSSION)

congster2

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Maybe to start, I was wondering if you guys were also looking forward to Nvidia's resizable bar... when do you think it will be released and how much impact would it make?

What is needed to implement this:
- Mobo bios update (UEFI hd only, not possible for CSM/legacy)
- graphics card vbios update
- graphics driver update (late Feb)

Last edited:

Mach3.2

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Probably in a few days time when they release the 3060. I doubt it would make much difference though, might even experience some performance regression for the first few drivers. :)

congster2

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Probably in a few days time when they release the 3060. I doubt it would make much difference though, might even experience some performance regression for the first few drivers. :)

woot. we are using the same mobo. is your boot drive configured as uefi already? mine is csm (darn). Have you updated the bios for your graphics card?

Mach3.2

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
woot. we are using the same mobo. is your boot drive configured as uefi already? mine is csm (darn). Have you updated the bios for your graphics card?
Yup, I have been running my BIOS in UEFI mode since my Haswell build, this build is no exception.

Anyway I'm using the 450W XOC BIOS for my 3080 FTW3 Ultra, so have to wait for them to upload a newer revision of the XOC BIOS with resizable BAR support. :s13:

congster2

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yup, I have been running my BIOS in UEFI mode since my Haswell build, this build is no exception.

Anyway I'm using the 450W XOC BIOS for my 3080 FTW3 Ultra, so have to wait for them to upload a newer revision of the XOC BIOS with resizable BAR support. :s13:

I just checked... my graphics card is already running the latest vbios, don't think it is resizable bar enabled yet.

AtomicTiberium

Reaction score
videocardz.com/newz/nvidia-geforce-rtx-3060-3dmark-and-superposition-performance-leaked

leaked benchmark says 3060 is at best equal to 2060 Super. If true this card is shite rather pay more for TI model

congster2

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
videocardz.com/newz/nvidia-geforce-rtx-3060-3dmark-and-superposition-performance-leaked

leaked benchmark says 3060 is at best equal to 2060 Super. If true this card is shite rather pay more for TI model

That's terrible. It should have been equivalent to at least a 2070S.

congster2

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yep only 10% faster than 2060, but its Synthetic benchmark so still need to wait for games. 12GB Vram is wasted

yeah, although its the slower gddr6 vs. 6x on other models. Nvidia is ridiculous. They should have given the rtx 3080 12gb of 6x vram instead.

Lil_d3viLz

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
As much as I would like to support non-scalping, mining stuff, I simply cannot agree with availability. As one of those people without any 3000 series gpu nor AMD 6000 series gpu, I am only interested in availability and pricing. No such GPU, what's the point of discussing? Make me gian or lao chui nua? Haha. Unless you willing to pass me your 3000series at good pricing, i got u boh, then I don't mind skipping the talk about availability. Tio boh? I believe those without would agree with me.

Of course the availability should strictly stick to official sources like Amazon / Newegg / SimLimSquare / LocalDistributors. No Tom-Dick-Harry type of sellers, esp Carousell/Shopee/Lazada being mentioned.

E.G.
23rd Feb @2am : Newegg.sg
RTX 3070 Asus Strix OC @ $1,000
24th Feb @317pm : Amazon.sg
RTX 3080 MSI Suprim X @ $1,400

Mach3.2

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Most importantly, let's not devolve this thread into a cesspool like the previous thread. :)

ragnarok95

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
No more warning. Mods and Admins have spoken since the previous thread. All unrelated post will be deleted and infract on the spot. You guys had enough time to reflect and learn.

Now, let’s stick to topic. Thanks.

congster2

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
As much as I would like to support non-scalping, mining stuff, I simply cannot agree with availability. As one of those people without any 3000 series gpu nor AMD 6000 series gpu, I am only interested in availability and pricing. No such GPU, what's the point of discussing? Make me gian or lao chui nua? Haha. Unless you willing to pass me your 3000series at good pricing, i got u boh, then I don't mind skipping the talk about availability. Tio boh? I believe those without would agree with me.

Of course the availability should strictly stick to official sources like Amazon / Newegg / SimLimSquare / LocalDistributors. No Tom-Dick-Harry type of sellers, esp Carousell/Shopee/Lazada being mentioned.

E.G.
23rd Feb @2am : Newegg.sg
RTX 3070 Asus Strix OC @ $1,000
24th Feb @317pm : Amazon.sg
RTX 3080 MSI Suprim X @ $1,400
I thought about that but a discussion about availability often leads to topics like scalping etc. hence, trying stem this at its root.

occifer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I thought about that but a discussion about availability often leads to topics like scalping etc. hence, trying stem this at its root.

That would be ok imo.
The thread was ok for months with such discussions. I was there.

Problem only occurs when someone tries to act smart and flame others out of the blue and entice others to join in, flame to feel good about self. Without that, will be fine, like back then.

Sent from myphone using GAGT

Last edited:

ragnarok95

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
That would be ok imo.

Problem only occurs when someone tries to act smart and flame others out of the blue and entice others to join in, flame to feel good about self. Without that, will be fine, like back then.

Move on. Stop bringing this up. If you do not like that member, add him to your ignore list.

melvin2000

Reaction score
That would be ok imo.

pls pls pls don't derail the thread again

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.