RTX 3000 series thread... (NO SCALPING DISCUSSION)

stalejive

Banned
Reaction score
anybody bought their card from taobao ? any reputable sellers ? or just see the sellers's reviews and ratings...thought of gettin from taobao.

shadow84

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anybody bought their card from taobao ? any reputable sellers ? or just see the sellers's reviews and ratings...thought of gettin from taobao.

No matter how reputable they are, we are still considered foreigners and easy to cheat based on system. To initiate return to taobao seller takes a lot of work. Even if returned back to seller, there is no guarantee that seller will send correct item or even send out at all. Best to buy things from taobao with a mindset of not returning back.

zapper_hj

Reaction score

After long observation and consideration, I got mine 3070ti from taobao last week. CN got stock and price are not as ridiculous (AIB partner are also increasing their price so forget about msrpp from Nvidia)
Everything reach SG nicely and working. Returning is difficult, find a good agent in CN to check for you before sending it to SG (of course checking only meaning physical checking). Ask the seller to take picture/video when they pack your card as well so that you can match it when the item reaches your agent. Because it will be alot easier to return in CN then from SG to CN.
Currently I think SG price is dropping too right? And CN price like stop dropping already so generally is only a bit cheaper so you will have to weight the risk. I got mine when SL was selling 3070ti around 2K- 2.5k so i rather take the risk.

m0n0n0ke

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
After long observation and consideration, I got mine 3070ti from taobao last week. CN got stock and price are not as ridiculous (AIB partner are also increasing their price so forget about msrpp from Nvidia)
Everything reach SG nicely and working. Returning is difficult, find a good agent in CN to check for you before sending it to SG (of course checking only meaning physical checking). Ask the seller to take picture/video when they pack your card as well so that you can match it when the item reaches your agent. Because it will be alot easier to return in CN then from SG to CN.
Currently I think SG price is dropping too right? And CN price like stop dropping already so generally is only a bit cheaper so you will have to weight the risk. I got mine when SL was selling 3070ti around 2K- 2.5k so i rather take the risk.
so how much u pay?

ckctam

Reaction score
I posted in this forum a month ago about buying graphic cards from China bc they are banning mining. Funny how I got flamed for doing so.

Everyone says the price will drop but I doubt it will. One thing I noticed about computer parts in Singapore is that they are always selling at a premium. I doubt the price will drop by so much bc the demand is there and not enough supply. Just take a look at US pricing, they are still so high and selling out.

It is about sticking with your budget. If you can't afford dhere and take the risk getting from China, do it.

To wait is a waste of time. Even if it drops, it will drop a little bit.

NightRaven49

Master Member
Reaction score
my personal view is that as long as you are willing to sacrifice local warranty, u should be able to get legit parts off taobao. have shipped a few last gen gpus from taobao, including 2 water cooled r9 fury xs, and they worked just fine. keep in mind both times the r9 fury x didnt even ship in a proper box:
IMG_20210313_103720.jpg

same story with basically any other pc part; my current pc is mostly comprised out of parts from taobao. i would suggest those buying from taobao should not use forwarding agent, as taobao direct shipping is very affordable (~$10), relatively fast with tracking and no need to pay gst.
prices on taobao didnt fall too much last week but this week seems to have dropped quite a bit, possible to find zotac 3060ti lhr for less than 850 with direct shipping. if willing to settle for china brand can be even cheaper. 3060s also beginning to edge closer to 700 le.

Last edited:

soltrdc

Reaction score
Using my 3080 Neptune OC from Taobao for 1 month plus already no issues at all. Yeah better don't buy from Taobao, wait too many pple buy they start to raise prices or impose tariffs or restrictions.. leave it for those of us who don't have outdated mindsets of buying from China.

KYZT2021

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Aiya one man's meat is another man's poison, so long you know what you are buying and know what to do can liao

demon_

Master Member
Reaction score
Has anyone done any custom watercool on the Palits RTX 3080s? Want to know if they are the same as Zotac of not having warranty void stickers on the backplate screws.

khaleelrs

Reaction score
Anyone who bought from taobao can point me in the right direction. I never ordered fromthere bfore. And cant speak and understand mandarin. However willing to take a risk

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.