RTX 3000 series thread... (NO SCALPING DISCUSSION)

NightRaven49

Master Member
Reaction score
61qu8jjmdWL._SL1476_.jpg

got see this type of splitter before, mainly for syncing power between 2 psus in mining rigs. still got see ppl pitch this when selling say buy 2 lower wattage psu with the splitter cheaper than 1 high end psu :s13:

obichacha

Reaction score
61qu8jjmdWL._SL1476_.jpg

got see this type of splitter before, mainly for syncing power between 2 psus in mining rigs. still got see ppl pitch this when selling say buy 2 lower wattage psu with the splitter cheaper than 1 high end psu :s13:
Use this cable for make more sense.
Otherwise gpu Psu always power on.

ragnarok95

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Wait for the card to launch first then worry. Those who have good Plat and Ti PSU are safer.

Outramkia

Master Member
Reaction score
Just to check with you guys. For asus 3080 tuf cards, is there any distributor sticker on the box? Thanks

KYZT2021

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If its ban leong or avertek stock will have, but if asus direct dont have, can check SN if it SG stock can go Asus website to check

TrEaSuRe

Reaction score
Just to check with you guys. For asus 3080 tuf cards, is there any distributor sticker on the box? Thanks

My asus 3060ti tuf also dont have distributor sticker on the box. Just call distributor to check with your S/N if is under ban leong or avertek stock.

Crayon Shinchan

Reaction score
Anyone using Asus RTX 3060 ti MINI ver?
How does this compare to Zotac 3060 ti?

Both seems to be near same price, heard asus mini variant temp not very good? Any advise?

ragnarok95

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
For ITX casing? You need to see the airflow layout first. If you feel Zotec has better cooling then go for that.

Crayon Shinchan

Reaction score
My case can fit up to 3 fan gpu also.
So just evaluating my options.
Usually worth to pay like $30 more asus 3 fan configuration instead?
For ITX casing? You need to see the airflow layout first. If you feel Zotec has better cooling then go for that.

Crayon Shinchan

Reaction score
yup still comparing the cost. considering to upgrade from my RX 5700 XT to future proof abit more since im playing in 2k resolution.

Now mainly considering ASUS Mini 3060ti. ZOTAC 3060 TI twin edge, ASUS TUF 3060 TI NON OC (~$30 more).
likely waiting 7.7 see got further discount from shopee voucher anot.

does OC and non OC have major difference? cause saw some non OC is slightly cheaper

If can fit 3 fan just go for it, cos later buy liao regret

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone using Asus RTX 3060 ti MINI ver?
How does this compare to Zotac 3060 ti?

Both seems to be near same price, heard asus mini variant temp not very good? Any advise?
To be honest, if the price is about the same, I will recommend just getting Zotac if there is no teething issues identified when you looking online. The reason is because, (1) longer warranty if you register, and, (2) no void warranty sticker, and that means you can still disassemble the cooler to may be change thermal compound.

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My case can fit up to 3 fan gpu also.
So just evaluating my options.
Usually worth to pay like $30 more asus 3 fan configuration instead?
3 fans config also means the heatsink is going to be bigger to accommodate the fans. This should result in better cooling. However, the 3060 Ti is not exactly a very hot card @ 180W. Whether it is worth to pay 30 bucks more, really depends on you.

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
yup still comparing the cost. considering to upgrade from my RX 5700 XT to future proof abit more since im playing in 2k resolution.

Now mainly considering ASUS Mini 3060ti. ZOTAC 3060 TI twin edge, ASUS TUF 3060 TI NON OC (~$30 more).
likely waiting 7.7 see got further discount from shopee voucher anot.

does OC and non OC have major difference? cause saw some non OC is slightly cheaper
In my opinion, you are not going to see a significant bump in performance from a RX 5700 XT to a RTX 3060 Ti. I rather you skip this generation and decide later in the year.

Crayon Shinchan

Reaction score
To be honest, if the price is about the same, I will recommend just getting Zotac if there is no teething issues identified when you looking online. The reason is because, (1) longer warranty if you register, and, (2) no void warranty sticker, and that means you can still disassemble the cooler to may be change thermal compound.
3 fans config also means the heatsink is going to be bigger to accommodate the fans. This should result in better cooling. However, the 3060 Ti is not exactly a very hot card @ 180W. Whether it is worth to pay 30 bucks more, really depends on you.
In my opinion, you are not going to see a significant bump in performance from a RX 5700 XT to a RTX 3060 Ti. I rather you skip this generation and decide later in the year.

Yup. According to benchmark from youtube. the change in performance improvement is around 20-25%. Still considering how much i need to top up for this upgrade. I am playing with 2k resolution monitor.
Got see RTX 3070 as well which is around $100 more above RTX 3060TI.

Actually i well know my current 5700xt still can use for current games, just scared i miss the window to do an upgrade and chances of GPU price firing back up. If that happens, I need to wait another 2 years window for price drop etc.

Thanks for your view.

Koenig168

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yup. According to benchmark from youtube. the change in performance improvement is around 20-25%. Still considering how much i need to top up for this upgrade. I am playing with 2k resolution monitor.
Got see RTX 3070 as well which is around $100 more above RTX 3060TI.

The performance increase is too little to warrant the upgrade.

Just go for 6900 XT at S$1,099

https://www.lazada.sg/products/msi-...&spm=a2o42.searchlist.list.i22.37196132xrkM0w

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.