MBC confirms the new season of 'Real Men' will begin filming today
On July 27, the staff of MBC's newest 'Real Men' season told media outlets, "We have received permission and will begin official filming for 'Real Men' today at the ROK army base in Gyeryong."
For its comeback season, 'Real Men' will be going with a new and improved titled, 'Real Men 300'. The cast will be spending time with a division of the army nicknamed the "army's 300 warriors", for their numerous achievements and reputation over the years. The cast will also be training at the Korea Army Academy in Yeongcheon or KAAY, a top training academy for the ROK army's special forces. It's been reported that the 'Real Men 300' cast will be admitted into the academy beginning on July 29.
Previously, reports stated that the following stars have been cast for the new season of 'Real Men 300' - actor Kang Jin Hwan, Olympic star Ahn Hyun Soo, musical actor Kim Ho Young, Matthew Douma (Jeon So Mi's father), Pentagon's Hongseok, actress Oh Yoon Ah, Lee Yu Bi, Kim Jae Hwa, Black Pink's Lisa, and Shinji.
Filming for drama 'Four Sons' discontinued for all of July + actors requesting to pull out of production
According to industry insiders on July 27, filming for drama 'Four Sons' starring Park Hae Jin, Nana, Kwak Si Yang, and more is being discontinued throughout July.
Previously, production company Victory Contents, in charge of 'Four Sons', revealed that they would attempt to resolve all issues regarding filming, friction with the director, failed payments, etc by mid-July. However, the actors, staff, and crew of 'Four Sons' currently do not have any schedules for July, with August quickly approaching.
Allegedly, various actors taking part in 'Four Sons' have sent requests to Victory Contents asking for their removal from the production; however, Victory Contents has yet to respond to any of the requests. The cast members of the production are continuing to argue that they cannot leave their schedules "free" in case filming begins back up indefinitely.
Previously, Victory Contents blamed friction between Jang Tae Yoo PD and the rest of the production staff for the halt in filming, which occurred back in early May. Media outlets have reported that due to the ongoing issues with productions, Jang Tae Yoo PD sought mental health treatment, and is now resting while refusing all contact.
One management rep in charge of a cast member from 'Four Sons' told news outlets, "The time period specified in the contract has ended, and we are receiving many lovecalls from other productions; however, we do not know what backlash we will receive if we attempt to pull out of the project without its completion."
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.
Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.