Sad story:: Hong Lim fc 29yo ban mian boss biz fail due to covid & break up with chio fiancée

oneokrockfan

Reaction score
I think his "mistake" was opening the stall in HL FC. Covid doesn't necessarily means biz will fail. Hawkers at heartland areas/coffeeshop actually doing better biz than before. The chicken rice near my plc, the queue is much longer than before ever since Covid. I asked the boss, he say biz increase almost like 3x since covid cos many more ppl WFH now, will eat nearby their homes unlike previously in cbd areas.

If his stall open at a heartland FC or coffeeshop, he could actually be pretty successful.

But sometimes this is life. Not everyone will have the luck to succeed in biz.
Yes, my sentiments exactly. HL FC is not a good place for a young man to setup Hawker store. If he were to relocate to somewhere like Sengkang, Punggol where many young families are staying, I believe his business would have picked up slowly? 🤔

It's true what the rest mentioned earlier in this thread as well. Most ladies are down to earth and since she's young, sure have many suitors out there.

Kunkka

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
This world don't reward hardwork no more. They reward speculation more. Time for society to change

fluid_motion

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Meanwhile those gourmet fried rice and wan tan mee stalls open by former chefs of DTF and CJ serving long queues in ulu heartlands.

Duncallmebro

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If the recipe is good , and business pre-covid is as good as claimed, can always start again when things return to normal

Medicated Oil

Honorary Member
Reaction score
Should be double whammy for the guy.
Dunno how to console him if you are his BFF.
It will take some time for him to come out of the rut.

Globe

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
guy probably dodge a bullet ... losing $80k in a failed business better then losing more then $80k in a divorce

blurwulf

Banned
Reaction score
Also got man dumped their wife when they find someone chioer. Also got woman stayed with their husband through poverty and illnesses. Case in point: angelcry and his wife.
Of course there r exceptions. But usually those women who choose to live in poverty with husband are not the chio or young types...hard truth.

Reaction score
mian-zhuang-montage.jpg

https://www.8days.sg/eatanddrink/ha...ivniFdMeSJtLP3ZdlUmkw_4oJqmYmcOJIUx5n85jiVlGY

i wanna marry the girl . i love her

Apex01

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
old life must stand whole day, sweating and sell noodles.
new life can wear expensive clothes, sit sports car and go fine dining.

all the women are jealous of her.

guys achievement is to be rich.
women achievement is to find guys who are rich.

rottingapple

Banned
Reaction score
With losses of $80K at their Hong Lim stall, the couple called it quits on both the biz & their engagement.

He sank around $62K into the business, citing expensive equipment like a noodle-making machine as the reasons for the high start-up cost. But no one could’ve predicted the pandemic.
===

Look at the numbers.
actually call of engagement doesnt mean break up woh. it could mean they hold off engagement until later date right

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.