SAF IPPT, IPT & RT Questions...

4saken

Reaction score
I see, I was looking at past posts and previously was mentioned that I gotta hit PPT before I can leave the programme. failure for IPT PPT = RT-D for the next year.

So I took it that I can hit Band 1 and Band 2 for the first two years, and likely to fail Band 3 thereafter?
So Year 4 was like 20 RT - 10 IPT(from last year) = 10 RT.

I should be wrong cause the posts were dated awhile back.

Glad to know we just gotta go for 10 IPT to clear though, thanks man! got me worried about the PPT haha

Calander

Reaction score
hi, i am thinking to attend the ipt session at promontory at marina bay... Do anyone here know where is the exact meeting location? and are there like anyone looking after our bags or lockers avaiable?

it can be quite a hassle in finding the place during your first time there.

u can google n identify the location based on the photos available. but that means that u have to be familiar with the park in the first place.

when the session commences or when the instructors arrived to the location, an orange banner with the words "IPT" will be erected. So, the timing can be a tricky issue.

Supporter

Reaction score
how come past few weeks no more orange tags at khatib?

i go on saturdays, so not sure whether got bros here see orange during other days

YNWA888

Reaction score
gg already. need do ippt by 22th sep .else get charged. i cannot runnnnn

Calander

Reaction score
how come past few weeks no more orange tags at khatib?

i go on saturdays, so not sure whether got bros here see orange during other days

from the time i heard from the instructors, orange is no longer avail for 1730 session... only for 1630

YYS1995

Reaction score
Anyone knows the how the banding is calculated for the IPT PPT?

Sidenote, I can just simply do 10 sessions of IPT yearly to clear my requirement, regardless of my score yah? So confirm wont kenna RT

Edit: I found the banding on the MINDEF website :) 0-15 for Band 1

Last edited:

onepiecepop

Reaction score
wanna ask

1. I am unable to finish my current RT period within my RT window. >.< have not even go for my 1st session. any way to extend the period? I rmb last time can go sign one book to extend the window. now still have that?

2. i saw that in rt, 8th and last session is ippt now er?

3. now still got diff color tags in maju camp? was going blue or green last time

Calander

Reaction score
Anyone knows the how the banding is calculated for the IPT PPT?

Sidenote, I can just simply do 10 sessions of IPT yearly to clear my requirement, regardless of my score yah? So confirm wont kenna RT

Edit: I found the banding on the MINDEF website :) 0-15 for Band 1

be sure to obtain a score of band 1 or below to ensure u get band 1 in your first IPT-IPPT. And subsequent windows will automatically be of the next higher band, or the band which you scored for the first IPT in the subsequent windows. Only until after band 4, u will be eligible to be back to band 1.

n yes, 10 IPTs will clear your window regardless of pass or fail

Calander

Reaction score
wanna ask

1. I am unable to finish my current RT period within my RT window. >.< have not even go for my 1st session. any way to extend the period? I rmb last time can go sign one book to extend the window. now still have that?

2. i saw that in rt, 8th and last session is ippt now er?

3. now still got diff color tags in maju camp? was going blue or green last time

1. mindef has already revised the RT period from 9 months to 12. therefore, there should be even no reason to claim that there's insufficient time to even start the first session. And no book signing.

2. RT-IPPT: find out from NS portal.. it has the stipulated session on which is IPPT.

3. Colour tags - refer to the link which can be found in my previous post. N there is more than 2 colours.

onepiecepop

Reaction score
1. mindef has already revised the RT period from 9 months to 12. therefore, there should be even no reason to claim that there's insufficient time to even start the first session. And no book signing.

2. RT-IPPT: find out from NS portal.. it has the stipulated session on which is IPPT.

3. Colour tags - refer to the link which can be found in my previous post. N there is more than 2 colours.

wah now no longer can extend period liao er? wah siao liao. wait for charge :(

what i mean is RT-IPPT must take on the 8th and 14th? can i go for normal training instead? by the way, rt 6pm and 7pm is same right? no different in training?

Last edited:

Calander

Reaction score

ijinsmelly

Reaction score
Hi, Would like to know about the banding. And if I did not pass the banding, would i still considered as cleared my ippt window?

YYS1995

Reaction score
be sure to obtain a score of band 1 or below to ensure u get band 1 in your first IPT-IPPT. And subsequent windows will automatically be of the next higher band, or the band which you scored for the first IPT in the subsequent windows. Only until after band 4, u will be eligible to be back to band 1.

n yes, 10 IPTs will clear your window regardless of pass or fail

I went for first IPT (the IPT-IPPT), and no banding was given? I did the above lol. Or, is the banding given upon the second IPT? Otherwise, is there anyway to check PPT Banding via NS portal?

Last edited:

aasonong

Reaction score
IPPT @ SAFRA Jurong

Hi, quite new to the forum, first time failing my IPPT by 1 point for the 3 station at Kranji earlier today and I read online that I can retake just 1 station (Apart from 2.4)?

1. I just applied another IPPT this weekend at SAFRA, do I report there and tell them I'm gonna retake only 1 station when I inpro?

2. Any idea where to report for SAFRA Jurong?

Sorry and thanks for the help!

russgiam

Reaction score
Hi guys, need some advices from the experts here.

Im now doing my RT, and i know the 20th RT session needs to be an IPPT test, if not, NS portal dun allow me to book.

The tricky part is that my 20th session is in the last day of my window and it falls on a Sunday (no test at Bedok FCC).

Can i just walk in to the FCC and take it as a normal RT? Or any other ways to extend the 20th session?

Thank you

Calander

Reaction score
Hi guys, need some advices from the experts here.

Im now doing my RT, and i know the 20th RT session needs to be an IPPT test, if not, NS portal dun allow me to book.

The tricky part is that my 20th session is in the last day of my window and it falls on a Sunday (no test at Bedok FCC).

Can i just walk in to the FCC and take it as a normal RT? Or any other ways to extend the 20th session?

Thank you

one trick is to meet your PPT during your stipulated RT-IPPT. Based from your story, you are still liable to be charged as 20th session is automatically a RT-IPPT which your selection for RT session must be a test.

highlight your case to your unit via NS portal. they may probably give u a warning.

Calander

Reaction score
Hi, quite new to the forum, first time failing my IPPT by 1 point for the 3 station at Kranji earlier today and I read online that I can retake just 1 station (Apart from 2.4)?

1. I just applied another IPPT this weekend at SAFRA, do I report there and tell them I'm gonna retake only 1 station when I inpro?

2. Any idea where to report for SAFRA Jurong?

Sorry and thanks for the help!

1. yes u can retake the static station there.
2. Venue is at the EnergyOne gym. Inform the reception counter about your IPPT session.

Calander

Reaction score
I went for first IPT (the IPT-IPPT), and no banding was given? I did the above lol. Or, is the banding given upon the second IPT? Otherwise, is there anyway to check PPT Banding via NS portal?

when did u went for your 1st session? banding will only be available within a week from your session in NS portal. this info should had been briefed to you during in-pro whereby they will have to also ask you guys who is having the first and last IPT session.

my experience is that u may need to use the NS portal online and not via mobile. as it is more user-friendly and easier to see if u already have a banding under your session's booking page.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.