SAF IPPT, IPT & RT Questions...

hacktic

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi May I ask, is Maju Camp 2.4 running route is round the track or indoor like Kranji camp?

long time ago it was 3 big rounds around part of the camp
then it changed to running around the indoor carpark "track" hard ground....(no rubber track to cushion)
dont think it has changed. so yea, you'll probably be breathing in dust and stale air for 6 rounds.

Spearmint90

Reaction score
long time ago it was 3 big rounds around part of the camp
then it changed to running around the indoor carpark "track" hard ground....(no rubber track to cushion)
dont think it has changed. so yea, you'll probably be breathing in dust and stale air for 6 rounds.

I went there recently. Not bad afterall tho plus it’s indoor and convenient.

matey1982

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So even if havent officially MR yet but already completed all 10 ICT liao, receive watch medal etc.. still will tio charged ah? :s22:

effective MR date is start from 1 Apr each yr

since u say u complete 10 ICT but havent officially MR, so u MR effective 1 Apr 2020 onwards?

then from now till 31 March 2020, you are still liable to clear IPPT/RT etc

Kacari

Master Member
Reaction score
Should be subject to RT if you did not meet the requirements even if you’re turning 40 as it’s still ur IPPT Window tho.
Wah, thought turn 40 is un touchable liao...

Sent from Xiaomi MI A2 using GAGT

silencer000

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
guys i got a qn about ippt

for 2017 to 2018 window, i failed ippt so my 2018 to 2019 window is RT window
since i passed my RT in 2018 to 2019, my 2019 to 2020 is ippt window(currently)
basically if i do nth till my next bday in march or I fail ippt then 2020 to 2021 is RT window

correct? thanks!

-hollowman-

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
guys i got a qn about ippt

for 2017 to 2018 window, i failed ippt so my 2018 to 2019 window is RT window
since i passed my RT in 2018 to 2019, my 2019 to 2020 is ippt window(currently)
basically if i do nth till my next bday in march or I fail ippt then 2020 to 2021 is RT window

correct? thanks!

do absolutely nothing == IPPT defaulter charge + RT for 20/21
attempt and fail == RT for 20/21

have you considered being IPT regular so you just do 10 sessions each window? rather than 1 IPPT (fail) in one window then 19 (RT) the next window.....or are you the type who prefers 2 years do one long burst of physical activities??

-hollowman-

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,
I am going to MR end of this work year but need to clear one more ippt by oct.
If I attempt and cannot pass, still need to clear RT after window?
Thanks

Very interested to know the answer for this loophole. These past 2 years, there were a few guys in my coy who are exploiting this loophole.

For some, the active window is just an IPPT-window. Meaning if they fail, they're just avoiding RT by virtue of the MR date.

For others, the active window is a RT-window. Meaning if they fail the ICT-IPPT and bo-chup RT totally, they are essentially using the MR date to avoid a RT defaulter charge which i think is more serious (avoiding a punishment for a punishment). I'm curious to know how SAF view this issue.

Unfortunately i'm not close to any of them, so i don't know the outcome of their cases. None of them reaching 40 yet.

silencer000

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
do absolutely nothing == IPPT defaulter charge + RT for 20/21
attempt and fail == RT for 20/21

have you considered being IPT regular so you just do 10 sessions each window? rather than 1 IPPT (fail) in one window then 19 (RT) the next window.....or are you the type who prefers 2 years do one long burst of physical activities??
If i attempt IPT this year do i need to pass the ippt in the IPT program? Or just do 10 sessions and considered pass, thanks!

Sent from Samsung SM-A730F using GAGT

-hollowman-

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If i attempt IPT this year do i need to pass the ippt in the IPT program? Or just do 10 sessions and considered pass, thanks!

1st session is a categorisation test, last session is another test to see if you meet your category/band standards or improved from your category. Just tank both sessions. And follow through motion for the 8 trainings in between.

Calander

Reaction score

no need to pass. just go for attendance will do.

hacktic

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Very interested to know the answer for this loophole. These past 2 years, there were a few guys in my coy who are exploiting this loophole.

For some, the active window is just an IPPT-window. Meaning if they fail, they're just avoiding RT by virtue of the MR date.

For others, the active window is a RT-window. Meaning if they fail the ICT-IPPT and bo-chup RT totally, they are essentially using the MR date to avoid a RT defaulter charge which i think is more serious (avoiding a punishment for a punishment). I'm curious to know how SAF view this issue.

Unfortunately i'm not close to any of them, so i don't know the outcome of their cases. None of them reaching 40 yet.

some others would be wanting to squeeze one more IPPT award before they MR for good...
easy $200-500 for em...

-hollowman-

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
some others would be wanting to squeeze one more IPPT award before they MR for good...
easy $200-500 for em...

yeah, but some ppl can't be bothered....like me :s13:

pass can already, not going to beat myself up for missing a few points to Incentive.

robthebin

Reaction score
Hello, I failed my IPPT at SAFRA last weekend because I stepped off the treadmill like an idiot.

I'm trying to get used to running on the treadmill in another gym, which happens to have the exact same treadmill model, but I can't remember/am not sure how to input the settings implemented in the IPPT at SAFRA. How do I ensure that the machine makes me run for 2.4km at a speed of 10.0 instead of slowing down close to the end of the run? Also, is the gradient set at 0.2 or 2.0?

Any advice regarding the treadmill settings is highly appreciated, as I'm attempting the IPPT again this Sunday. Thank you.

matey1982

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sorry cant help becos MR alrdy

Hello, I failed my IPPT at SAFRA last weekend because I stepped off the treadmill like an idiot.

I'm trying to get used to running on the treadmill in another gym, which happens to have the exact same treadmill model, but I can't remember/am not sure how to input the settings implemented in the IPPT at SAFRA. How do I ensure that the machine makes me run for 2.4km at a speed of 10.0 instead of slowing down close to the end of the run? Also, is the gradient set at 0.2 or 2.0?

Any advice regarding the treadmill settings is highly appreciated, as I'm attempting the IPPT again this Sunday. Thank you.

Calander

Reaction score

instructors will ensure the gradient is set to the standard which I can't remember how much (only did once).

Speed wise depends on your math calculations. Either u maintain one speed throughout, fast then slow, or slow then fast. The speed really depends on individuals.

If u still have issues with treadmill, go for IPT.. 10 sessions per window and the test is free and easy. Another best reason to name is gym doesn't give you any incentives if u are to qualify for incentives, but IPT-IPPT has.

Abc899

Reaction score
I defaulted my IPPT for my pervious window and the new window comes. It states that I need to attend 20 RT to fulfill this window IPPT requirement.

I have yet book nor attend any RT. However during my recent ICT I managed to pass my IPPT.

Am I still required to attend 20 RT sessions?

-hollowman-

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I defaulted my IPPT for my pervious window and the new window comes. It states that I need to attend 20 RT to fulfill this window IPPT requirement.

I have yet book nor attend any RT. However during my recent ICT I managed to pass my IPPT.

Am I still required to attend 20 RT sessions?

No.

Check ns.sg for your IPPT status. It should reflect that your IPPT obligation has been fulfilled. Give your unit a few working days to send the results and get them uploaded onto ns.sg

Abc899

Reaction score
No.

Check ns.sg for your IPPT status. It should reflect that your IPPT obligation has been fulfilled. Give your unit a few working days to send the results and get them uploaded onto ns.sg

Thanks for the clarification

jihyun

Reaction score
Hello, I was an NSF occifer but defaulted on my required RT sessions due to some personal circumstances. I'm probably about to get charged. Do you guys know if the consequences are any different for my situation?

Burnburnburn

Reaction score
Anyone knows what’s the likely punishment if I did not complete my 20 RT within the window?

And will I still be allowed to take IPPT for the next window?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.