SAF IPPT, IPT & RT Questions...

Nuclear Boy

Master Member
Reaction score
bro, serious bo? I don't think so leh, if this window fail to take IPPT, next window tio charge wor+ Mandatory FIT
Yeah you're right, maybe I mixed up with an earlier debacle where it wasn't clear if one would get charged for simply not passing IPPT and then not attending any other FIT session. (ans: nope, as long got attempt IPPT, is all good; next cycle mandatory FIT)

From https://www.mindef.gov.sg/web/porta...it/ippt/overview-ippt/failing-defaulting-ippt

IPPT Defaulter​

If you are not exempted and did not take your annual IPPT within your IPPT window, you will be considered an IPPT defaulter. You will be called back for investigation and may be subjected to disciplinary action. In addition, you are required to complete 10 mandatory NS FIT sessions in your next window.

exterminazn

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is attending one session of ippt counted as 1 low key? My unit encik says it is leh

Esirious0

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is attending one session of ippt counted as 1 low key? My unit encik says it is leh
Seem like it is wor, need confirmation, cause it is only 0.5 days.

But taking solely only IPPT on that year doesn't stop your unit from calling you for another low key also

Last edited:

ontodhcp

Reaction score
For those asking whether does ICT-IPPT count towards the 9 FIT + 1 IPPT session.
Answer is yes.
I took IPPT last week during ICT, and now NS portal have been updated, to show 1/1 IPPT Attended, x/9 NS FIT Attended.

exterminazn

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For those asking whether does ICT-IPPT count towards the 9 FIT + 1 IPPT session.
Answer is yes.
I took IPPT last week during ICT, and now NS portal have been updated, to show 1/1 IPPT Attended, x/9 NS FIT Attended.
I have attended 8 high key ICT, and 6 ippt, 2 briefing/seminar and 0.5 mobilization.

how to know whether I MR anot???

Esirious0

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have attended 8 high key ICT, and 6 ippt, 2 briefing/seminar and 0.5 mobilization.

how to know whether I MR anot???
hah? 8 high keys u haven't MR? Better call the NS hotline and ask, can shun bian ask them whether IPPT counted as 1 ORNS cycle or not lol

Esirious0

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Answer is yes.
It is counted, IPPT taken outside or ICT is still IPPT ma

ontodhcp

Reaction score
Ya la! Although I like go back ICT, but I hate ippt lol!
I'm not sure if I'm correct, but the 7 HK + 3 LK is the minimum requirement to MR, it doesn't mean you will auto MR after you done 7 HK + 3 LK.
They can still call you back if your unit still needs people.

Esirious0

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure if I'm correct, but the 7 HK + 3 LK is the minimum requirement to MR, it doesn't mean you will auto MR after you done 7 HK + 3 LK.
They can still call you back if your unit still needs people.
it seem like he probably have met MR requirement already. unless he do 2 HK in one work year

zzxiaoboizz

Reaction score
They suggest you not to do anything strenuous in the 7 days after getting vaccinated. Add a few more days as buffer if you want/need to.
Thanks. just went yesterday, they told me now is 14 days after jab cannot do FIT

Nuclear Boy

Master Member
Reaction score
Thanks. just went yesterday, they told me now is 14 days after jab cannot do FIT
Woah crap, looks like I may have to reschedule the slot I have 10 days after 2nd jab...

But heard from my friend who went recently and asked too, but was told 7 days instead.

And did they check for vax status during in-pro?

Last edited:

virus1988

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hah? 8 high keys u haven't MR? Better call the NS hotline and ask, can shun bian ask them whether IPPT counted as 1 ORNS cycle or not lol
If not wrong, 8 high key is still not considered as MR yet. Because if not wrong, need to complete a total of 10 cycle to confirm as MR. And that 10 cycle should have at least 7 high key. So for that guy who already completed 8 high key, he either need to attend another 2 low key or 2 high key to officially MR.

virus1988

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
it seem like he probably have met MR requirement already. unless he do 2 HK in one work year
If not wrong, 8 high key is still not considered as MR yet. Because if not wrong, need to complete a total of 10 cycle to confirm as MR. And that 10 cycle should have at least 7 high key. So for that guy who already completed 8 high key, he either need to attend another 2 low key or 2 high key to officially MR. @exterminazn

exterminazn

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If not wrong, 8 high key is still not considered as MR yet. Because if not wrong, need to complete a total of 10 cycle to confirm as MR. And that 10 cycle should have at least 7 high key. So for that guy who already completed 8 high key, he either need to attend another 2 low key or 2 high key to officially MR. @exterminazn

if going by the fact that every outside ippt count as 1 low key, then I should have completed way above the basic requirement

anyway, I just gotten official reply from NS:

The criteria for NSmen to be phased into MINDEF Reserves (MR) is to complete a minimum of 7 High Key (HK) ICTs in at least 10 ORNS years before the statutory age of 40 for non-officers.

Based on our records, you have clocked 8 HK ICTs in 10 ORNS years till date and this includes the recent ICT in Jun 21. As such, you have met the MR criteria and be officially phased to MR with effect from 01 Apr 22. Do note that you remain liable for all ORNS activities before the effective MR date.

Knn why must manually ask then can MR?
Any laojiao can advise?

virus1988

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
if going by the fact that every outside ippt count as 1 low key, then I should have completed way above the basic requirement

anyway, I just gotten official reply from NS:

The criteria for NSmen to be phased into MINDEF Reserves (MR) is to complete a minimum of 7 High Key (HK) ICTs in at least 10 ORNS years before the statutory age of 40 for non-officers.

Based on our records, you have clocked 8 HK ICTs in 10 ORNS years till date and this includes the recent ICT in Jun 21. As such, you have met the MR criteria and be officially phased to MR with effect from 01 Apr 22. Do note that you remain liable for all ORNS activities before the effective MR date.

Knn why must manually ask then can MR?
Any laojiao can advise?
Wah serious ah? Then I stand corrected for an assumption in an earlier post. If 7 high key can consider MR liao, think every male citizens would have want to faster finish off earlier, rather than having a low key which would delay their MR date lol

Chao_Ah_Tiong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
At least you all can get to MR. For me I can only ROD and thanks to late call up after so many years in NSPC holding list. :(

The only 'consolation' is I don't need to complete all the 10 ICT cycles but then no CPF $$$ for me also. :o

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.