SAF IPPT, IPT & RT Questions...

papercar

Reaction score
Hi guys
I want to ask about the Mandatory NS Fit regulations.

If I take 2 session for current year,
do I still need to do 10 session next year?

Or it will be
(10 session) minus (X session taken current year)
As previous regulation, i will only need (10-2) 8 session?
Now this new system not like last time RT, where you can do (20-x) RT
Even if you do 8 FIT + 1 IPPT and fail, you are still not consider clear.
Next Window is Mandatory NS FIT, where you will need to do 9 FIT + 1 IPPT

stylechap

Master Member
Reaction score
Alright so I'll do 1 this time to avoid defaulting then :s13:

Esirious0

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
New system is much better. Last time RT so many session

life_is_crazy

Reaction score
New system is much better. Last time RT so many session
Yeah just not long ago if you are unable to pass IPPT you have to attend 10 IPTs in the first 9 months + 8 RTs in the last 3 months total 18 sessions per cycle and it is really disrupting to our civilian routine.

Then they changed to if your clear 10 IPTs per cycle regardless whether your IPT-IPPT results you are considered cleared.

And now if you fail your IPPT in the 1st cycle you only need to take 10 mandatory NS FIT sessions on the next cycle which means you only need to take 11 IPPT/ NS FIT sessions for 2 cycles. Somemore nowadays NS FIT can be done at home....

As for me, I only need to take 12 more IPPT/NS FIT sessions (this year take 1 IPPT, next year 9 mandatory NS FIT + 1 IPPT and 1 IPPT in year 2023 before I ROD at 2024. (I am 37 this year)

bumdssa

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Means can just do 1 time FIT in this window but next window will have to complete the whole FIT program?

crumpler ish jin expensiv

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yea window
Not sure if anyone is in Mandatory window as it is waived for last year and even recently

I'm currently in Normal window, no intention to clear current window due to work/risk

I would most likely do atleast 1 to avoid defaulting then delay till next window

Just want to check whether they still count current window sessions towards the 10 Mandatory NS FIT.
Although previous RT program is up to 20
To avoid default you need to take 1x IPPT.

papercar

Reaction score
Yeah just not long ago if you are unable to pass IPPT you have to attend 10 IPTs in the first 9 months + 8 RTs in the last 3 months total 18 sessions per cycle and it is really disrupting to our civilian routine.

Then they changed to if your clear 10 IPTs per cycle regardless whether your IPT-IPPT results you are considered cleared.

And now if you fail your IPPT in the 1st cycle you only need to take 10 mandatory NS FIT sessions on the next cycle which means you only need to take 11 IPPT/ NS FIT sessions for 2 cycles. Somemore nowadays NS FIT can be done at home....

As for me, I only need to take 12 more IPPT/NS FIT sessions (this year take 1 IPPT, next year 9 mandatory NS FIT + 1 IPPT and 1 IPPT in year 2023 before I ROD at 2024. (I am 37 this year)
Lol not forgetting the even older system system before 2011, where you need to do 20x RT in just 8 weeks.
2x RT every week for week 1 to week 4 , then 3x RT for week 5 to week 8
No flexibility at all. Imagine your boss ask you to go overseas for work, the you tell him cannot, because need to go for RT, then he rather hire FT.

bumdssa

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The notice now tell me to do 1 IPPT and 8 NS-FIT or do Mandatory NS-FIT next window.
Without "may be charged" now so I guess should be good enough
So just do 1 time fit good enough?
Then next window just have to complete the whole FIT?

stylechap

Master Member
Reaction score
So just do 1 time fit good enough?
Then next window just have to complete the whole FIT?
Cannot confirm, I'm not the admin/officer, till I pass my window

I only can confirm I'm expected to complete this window or go for Mandatory FIT next window

bobbybobby

Reaction score
Hi can I know if I can fall out during the 2.4km run / opt out if I already know that I won't pass my ippt for this window?

Ckcw23

Reaction score
Hi can I know if I can fall out during the 2.4km run / opt out if I already know that I won't pass my ippt for this window?
Depends where you go. Some camps they call out those who know they will fail 2.4km to own up, then they tell you you can go out pro. Unless you want to pass IPPT then good for you.

Esirious0

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Depends where you go. Some camps they call out those who know they will fail 2.4km to own up, then they tell you you can go out pro. Unless you want to pass IPPT then good for you.
some camp they will ask those cannot pass 2.4 to outpro immediately. no point later u walk 6 round they need to wait for you.

Nuclear Boy

Master Member
Reaction score
What's the policy for inclement weather or Cat 1 now for IPPT 2.4km? If let's say I attempt the 2 static stations, but then 2.4km don't get to run because track wet or Cat 1, is it still considered an attempt?

I know I won't pass, so incentives don't matter. I just wonder if it'd be considered I have attempted and not count me as a defaulter, esp if my slot end up being very close to the end of current window.

crumpler ish jin expensiv

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

During the admin brief they will mention. If not u just ask them.

What's the policy for inclement weather or Cat 1 now for IPPT 2.4km? If let's say I attempt the 2 static stations, but then 2.4km don't get to run because track wet or Cat 1, is it still considered an attempt?

I know I won't pass, so incentives don't matter. I just wonder if it'd be considered I have attempted and not count me as a defaulter, esp if my slot end up being very close to the end of current window.

Counted as an attempt. Cos it's not your fault that it's cat 1. You went to camp to attempt. Not as if you never showed up. They will ask whose window is closing also. And if you die die want to run or what. I've seen men running during drizzles.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.