SAF IPPT, IPT & RT Questions...

mamboxknight

Reaction score
Just recovered from covid, feeling body has not fully recovered yet, window closing in Oct , hve yet to take any Ippt or NSFIT , if this year I did not take any, will I get charged ? Or next year I just need to complete 10 nsfit ?

flowerpalms

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just recovered from covid, feeling body has not fully recovered yet, window closing in Oct , hve yet to take any Ippt or NSFIT , if this year I did not take any, will I get charged ? Or next year I just need to complete 10 nsfit ?
Won't get charged if you nv take ippt. You must book FIT next year and COMPLETE it. If you nv book or nv complete then you be punished

Nuclear Boy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If your current cycle is not mandatory FIT, you won't get charged. Next cycle would be mandatory to go for all 10.

flowerpalms

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Means next year I need 10 FIT , + 1 FY 23 Ippt or 10FIT right? So total I need 20 Fit next year
No. If this year you fail ippt or didn't take then next year you just need to complete the Mandatory FIT which is 9 FIT + 1 IPPT attempt to clear the window.

20 FIT?! You going back to RT time ah?

mamboxknight

Reaction score
No. If this year you fail ippt or didn't take then next year you just need to complete the Mandatory FIT which is 9 FIT + 1 IPPT attempt to clear the window.

20 FIT?! You going back to RT time ah?
oh, means I not need every year take 1ippt or 10fit, I can just default 1 year and just complete it next year 10fit, instead of 10fit this year cycle and 10 for next year cycle right?

flowerpalms

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
oh, means I not need every year take 1ippt or 10fit, I can just default 1 year and just complete it next year 10fit, instead of 10fit this year cycle and 10 for next year cycle right?
Yes correct. I guess that's the loophole

Shion

Senior Mentor
Reaction score

I thought will get charged if you default IPPT ?

flowerpalms

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I thought will get charged if you default IPPT ?
Not anymore. Seems like a loophole.
If you didn't take ippt, ur next window you must book and complete 9+1 Mandatory FIT. Only if you didn't do so then you will get charge .

So the loophole is that you can manage alternate. Eg.
2022 - default ippt
2023 - mandatory FIT
2024 - default ippt
2025 - mandatory FIT

Shion

Senior Mentor
Reaction score
If you didn't take ippt, ur next window you must book and complete 9+1 Mandatory FIT. Only if you didn't do so then you will get charge .

2022 - default ippt
2023 - mandatory FIT
2024 - default ippt
2025 - mandatory FIT

Interesting find. Thanks !

Zetrio2006

Master Member
Reaction score

2022 - default ippt
2023 - mandatory FIT
2024 - default ippt
2025 - mandatory FIT
Thats why I am trying to negotiate with army to let me take 4 fit this year and 6 fit next year. Total 10.

Need more people to send email to flood ns.

flowerpalms

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thats why I am trying to negotiate with army to let me take 4 fit this year and 6 fit next year. Total 10.

Need more people to send email to flood ns.
No such thing. You have to complete all 9+1 Mandatory FIT in a year. Cannot split.

life_is_crazy

Reaction score

ichinisan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If your current cycle is not mandatory FIT, you won't get charged. Next cycle would be mandatory to go for all 10.

2022 - default ippt
2023 - mandatory FIT
2024 - default ippt
2025 - mandatory FIT

May I know if let's say I didn't attempt ippt at all in 2022, is it possible to just book for one ippt session and pass it for the 2023 mandatory FIT year instead of going for the 9+1 Mandatory FIT?

Or is it a must to go for all the sessions since I didn't attempt ippt in 2022?

Another thing is, if there is no attempt in a window, wouldn’t it be considered as a defaulter?

flowerpalms

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
May I know if let's say I didn't attempt ippt at all in 2022, is it possible to just book for one ippt session and pass it for the 2023 mandatory FIT year instead of going for the 9+1 Mandatory FIT?

Or is it a must to go for all the sessions since I didn't attempt ippt in 2022?

Another thing is, if there is no attempt in a window, wouldn’t it be considered as a defaulter?
Yes you can book IPPT anytime and pass it in your Mandatory FIT window. You are only considered defaulter if you did not complete Mandatory FIT (if you didn't book ippt and pass lah)

You can read here, clearer in black and white
https://www.ns.sg/web/portal/nsmen/...fit/nsfit/guidelines-for-ipt/mandatory-ns-fit

flowerpalms

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I am going for my 1st session Mandatory FIT this Sat. 9.30am. Many years nv go there liao since IPT time. Wonder how it's like now hope don't end late.

Anyway is my 1st and last Mandatory FIt window this year. Going to MR this coming May

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.