SAF IPPT, IPT & RT Questions...

Zetrio2006

Master Member
Reaction score
I HATE the push up machine ! Did 50 push up and it only register 44. I go down to chest about 1 fist away from floor, the machine does not register. I need to touch the floor with my chest then it register. I know curved back will not register but that is not the problem for me. I also straighten my arms and go up all the way. For me the machine want me to kiss the floor then it want to count as pushup. Anyone got tips on how to make the machine count every pushup ?

Come to Khatib camp. The stations are new and do not have such problems.

Calander

Reaction score
I HATE the push up machine ! Did 50 push up and it only register 44. I go down to chest about 1 fist away from floor, the machine does not register. I need to touch the floor with my chest then it register. I know curved back will not register but that is not the problem for me. I also straighten my arms and go up all the way. For me the machine want me to kiss the floor then it want to count as pushup. Anyone got tips on how to make the machine count every pushup ?

did you feedback to the PTI just beside you?

chehjin

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

machine uses first few counts for calibration. so dun go too low right from the start.

also heard during ict that before you enter the mat, you stand at the machine wait for the chime, it is actually calibrating the machine to your body measurements, so dun slouch or keep fidgeting. (this one hearsay dunno how true)

flowerpalms

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
machine uses first few counts for calibration. so dun go too low right from the start.

also heard during ict that before you enter the mat, you stand at the machine wait for the chime, it is actually calibrating the machine to your body measurements, so dun slouch or keep fidgeting. (this one hearsay dunno how true)

No chime when i did 8th ict ippt recently. Just walk to arrow and stand beside and wait for the red words to appear. Place tag to start, get into position and start pushing it down. I did 40 standard push ups in a min

MilkTea07

Reaction score
ICT-IPPT

Hi guys, im about to go for my very 1st ICT, i heard that we will do IPPT during ICT period. So do we need to book for any IPPT by ourselves or they will help us settle everything? Thanks.

Zetrio2006

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, im about to go for my very 1st ICT, i heard that we will do IPPT during ICT period. So do we need to book for any IPPT by ourselves or they will help us settle everything? Thanks.

Depends on your ICT unit. Some will have IPPT, some won't

Zetrio2006

Master Member
Reaction score
So i failed to complete my RT for my current window due to poor planning and heavy school work.

This is my first time, what should i be expecting? And when will the letter come that tells me to report to cmpb?

Now you have 2 years to complete your RT.

flowerpalms

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

You will take ur ippt in camp during ict. Unless you have alrdy clear ur ippt during that window then no need to take.

And no need to book, ur unit will org it in camp. And pls pass if not after ur ict you are on ur own to book outside

Yukikaze_88

Reaction score
You will take ur ippt in camp during ict. Unless you have alrdy clear ur ippt during that window then no need to take.

And no need to book, ur unit will org it in camp. And pls pass if not after ur ict you are on ur own to book outside

Just to add on - Certain reservist units have a tad more stringent requirements for IPPT-related matters. In my case, they told us that as long as you do not attain IPPT Gold in your window, you will have to take ICT-IPPT.

A perma-IPTer like me has to take IPPT three times a year, hahaha. :s22:

TradeHippo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
May I ask a generic question on IPT? The ns.sg system used to show for example 5/10 sessions... but currently this feature is disabled.. how do you check the remaining sessions for IPT/RT?

Calander

Reaction score
May I ask a generic question on IPT? The ns.sg system used to show for example 5/10 sessions... but currently this feature is disabled.. how do you check the remaining sessions for IPT/RT?

not sure about this feature being disabled as it should be there.

alternate way in checking is to see your out-pro IPT slip. The counts stated in the slip excludes that particular day's session.

edit: - have checked.. the counts on how many sessions attended should be shown in your main IPT booking page. If you have issues, do a screenshot and send to NS hotline via email.

Last edited:

pikafunk3

Banned
Reaction score

if you are just counting the recorded attendance, try the NS booklet on the portal

Armourdillo

Reaction score
Tmr going to take IPPT with full machine set up. First time, got any tips? Only hear about the push up first rep don't do too low else, then sit up sometimes need to slam your back against the machine. or these all hearsay?

Reaction score
Hi just to check with anyone.
I am 39 yrs old but recently I fail my ippt does it mean that I need to complete 20 RT when I am 40 next yr.
As my MR is 40 yrs old.
Thanks.

Onelastwish

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just to add on - Certain reservist units have a tad more stringent requirements for IPPT-related matters. In my case, they told us that as long as you do not attain IPPT Gold in your window, you will have to take ICT-IPPT.

A perma-IPTer like me has to take IPPT three times a year, hahaha. :s22:

then just wait for ICT time to do ur IPPT lor. save all the trouble about booking for IPPT etc

IAmZTX

Reaction score
Guys if not enough time to clear RT cycle. Is it possible to book multiple attempt to clear IPPT? Assuming 8th session is my RT-IPPT. How to ensure that if i fail certain station, i can just clocked as absent so i can re-attempt it again?

Calander

Reaction score
Guys if not enough time to clear RT cycle. Is it possible to book multiple attempt to clear IPPT? Assuming 8th session is my RT-IPPT. How to ensure that if i fail certain station, i can just clocked as absent so i can re-attempt it again?

The system is very clear. For RT-Ippt if fail, u will continue with the normal RT sessions until the next stipulated RT-Ippt.

And u cannot book any IPPT seperately.

Calander

Reaction score
Hi just to check with anyone.
I am 39 yrs old but recently I fail my ippt does it mean that I need to complete 20 RT when I am 40 next yr.
As my MR is 40 yrs old.
Thanks.

If your nex window is MR, unit may easily waive off your IPPT failure.

IAmZTX

Reaction score
The system is very clear. For RT-Ippt if fail, u will continue with the normal RT sessions until the next stipulated RT-Ippt.

And u cannot book any IPPT seperately.

What i meant is to re-attempt RT-IPPT forgoing the remaining RT sessions as i know i cannot make it in time..

8th session (if i know i can't pass push up or sit up - i will void it as absent since i didn't attend 2.4km or drop out halfway), rinse and repeat until i pass.

-hollowman-

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What i meant is to re-attempt RT-IPPT forgoing the remaining RT sessions as i know i cannot make it in time..

8th session (if i know i can't pass push up or sit up - i will void it as absent since i didn't attend 2.4km or drop out halfway), rinse and repeat until i pass.

meaning you want to see your push-up/sit-up performance that day before deciding you want to continue with the test??

the PTIs always say to those who just follow through motion for the IPPT attendance only, to run minimum 2 laps before you can fall out (you get a 59:59 timing), but get your attendance counted.

by this logic, maybe you can try falling out before the run, geng not feeling well and pray your attendance not counted. this way, you will be forever booking an 8th session.

btw, how long more till your window closes?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.