SAF IPPT, IPT & RT Questions...

hacktic

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Very interested to know the answer for this loophole. These past 2 years, there were a few guys in my coy who are exploiting this loophole.

For some, the active window is just an IPPT-window. Meaning if they fail, they're just avoiding RT by virtue of the MR date.

For others, the active window is a RT-window. Meaning if they fail the ICT-IPPT and bo-chup RT totally, they are essentially using the MR date to avoid a RT defaulter charge which i think is more serious (avoiding a punishment for a punishment). I'm curious to know how SAF view this issue.

Unfortunately i'm not close to any of them, so i don't know the outcome of their cases. None of them reaching 40 yet.

some others would be wanting to squeeze one more IPPT award before they MR for good...
easy $200-500 for em...

-hollowman-

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
some others would be wanting to squeeze one more IPPT award before they MR for good...
easy $200-500 for em...

yeah, but some ppl can't be bothered....like me :s13:

pass can already, not going to beat myself up for missing a few points to Incentive.

robthebin

Reaction score
Hello, I failed my IPPT at SAFRA last weekend because I stepped off the treadmill like an idiot.

I'm trying to get used to running on the treadmill in another gym, which happens to have the exact same treadmill model, but I can't remember/am not sure how to input the settings implemented in the IPPT at SAFRA. How do I ensure that the machine makes me run for 2.4km at a speed of 10.0 instead of slowing down close to the end of the run? Also, is the gradient set at 0.2 or 2.0?

Any advice regarding the treadmill settings is highly appreciated, as I'm attempting the IPPT again this Sunday. Thank you.

matey1982

Banned
Reaction score
Sorry cant help becos MR alrdy

Hello, I failed my IPPT at SAFRA last weekend because I stepped off the treadmill like an idiot.

I'm trying to get used to running on the treadmill in another gym, which happens to have the exact same treadmill model, but I can't remember/am not sure how to input the settings implemented in the IPPT at SAFRA. How do I ensure that the machine makes me run for 2.4km at a speed of 10.0 instead of slowing down close to the end of the run? Also, is the gradient set at 0.2 or 2.0?

Any advice regarding the treadmill settings is highly appreciated, as I'm attempting the IPPT again this Sunday. Thank you.

Calander

Reaction score

instructors will ensure the gradient is set to the standard which I can't remember how much (only did once).

Speed wise depends on your math calculations. Either u maintain one speed throughout, fast then slow, or slow then fast. The speed really depends on individuals.

If u still have issues with treadmill, go for IPT.. 10 sessions per window and the test is free and easy. Another best reason to name is gym doesn't give you any incentives if u are to qualify for incentives, but IPT-IPPT has.

Abc899

Reaction score
I defaulted my IPPT for my pervious window and the new window comes. It states that I need to attend 20 RT to fulfill this window IPPT requirement.

I have yet book nor attend any RT. However during my recent ICT I managed to pass my IPPT.

Am I still required to attend 20 RT sessions?

-hollowman-

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I defaulted my IPPT for my pervious window and the new window comes. It states that I need to attend 20 RT to fulfill this window IPPT requirement.

I have yet book nor attend any RT. However during my recent ICT I managed to pass my IPPT.

Am I still required to attend 20 RT sessions?

No.

Check ns.sg for your IPPT status. It should reflect that your IPPT obligation has been fulfilled. Give your unit a few working days to send the results and get them uploaded onto ns.sg

jihyun

Reaction score
Hello, I was an NSF occifer but defaulted on my required RT sessions due to some personal circumstances. I'm probably about to get charged. Do you guys know if the consequences are any different for my situation?

Burnburnburn

Reaction score
Anyone knows what’s the likely punishment if I did not complete my 20 RT within the window?

And will I still be allowed to take IPPT for the next window?

Calander

Reaction score
Anyone knows what’s the likely punishment if I did not complete my 20 RT within the window?

And will I still be allowed to take IPPT for the next window?

by right the first and second failing to complete RT is a fine, and subsequent ones are DB.

next window will be still RT window. The only time u can take IPPT is you are having a ICT-IPPT.

Calander

Reaction score
Hello, I was an NSF occifer but defaulted on my required RT sessions due to some personal circumstances. I'm probably about to get charged. Do you guys know if the consequences are any different for my situation?

first two times fine... but amount is higher due to rank. subsequent ones will be DB. Depending on your S8.

Abc899

Reaction score
by right the first and second failing to complete RT is a fine, and subsequent ones are DB.

next window will be still RT window. The only time u can take IPPT is you are having a ICT-IPPT.

If during RT window, pass ICT IPPT. Than no need to go RT already?

Burnburnburn

Reaction score

Ohh so I can’t take my IPPT outside for the next window?

matey1982

Banned
Reaction score

officer what rank
please be clear

certain rank think still go up to CO level to charge u
if nt it's brigade commander minimum or even div comd, depending

Calander

Reaction score
Ohh so I can’t take my IPPT outside for the next window?

RT is a form of disciplinary action towards IPPT failure and defaulters. You can only exit RT if u:

1. pass any RT-IPPT, or;
2. complete RT required sessions, or;
3. Pass ICT-IPPT.

Therefore yes... u cannot take IPPT outside.

If u want to avoid such restrictions, ensure you are not in RT. There is a program called IPT program which u can take a non-ICT IPPT at any available IPPT sessions to clear your window. Or just complete 10 IPT sessions.

all IPT sessions are payable now.

Once again. READ thru NS Portal!!

Roflcopterr

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
First time going to take ippt after ord. Can just wear outside brand sportswear like adidas and straight away report to camp? Or need report in proper attire like tuck in shirt and jeans?

Calander

Reaction score
First time going to take ippt after ord. Can just wear outside brand sportswear like adidas and straight away report to camp? Or need report in proper attire like tuck in shirt and jeans?

u can go in with sports attire.

importantly, no slippers.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.