SAF IPPT, IPT & RT Questions...

Chao_Ah_Tiong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Base on my kaki went back in Jan 2021

Need to do swap test and is mandatory
Still have IPPT
Outfield i not sure since this is his last ICT
Don't have the SAFRA gathering event on yr last day for ICT.

When I went for my ICT last November there is still outfield just that it have been reduced from 3D2N to just one day no overnight.

As for 'cohesion', they will just order some bento from outside and unlike last time where everyone in the btn will gather together in the stadium for some buffet.

anyhowsaysay

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Base on my kaki went back in Jan 2021

Need to do swap test and is mandatory
Still have IPPT
Outfield i not sure since this is his last ICT
Don't have the SAFRA gathering event on yr last day for ICT.

My previous one, got IPPT but limited slots because SAF also need safe distancing.
So in the end, many can't take in ICT but need go outside to take...

Last time whole unit can do IPPT at one shot but now they arrange a few ippt but all only 20 pax can take one time.

hellomeister

Reaction score
they will ask who want to fall out early is it? is it possible go for the ippt but don't do any exercise at all :ROFLMAO: or need to at least do 1 rep
push up and sit up, just need 1 attempt.
2.4km no need to run, before run the pti will ask those who dw to run to outpro straightaway and considered ippt attempted.

plmokn

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Moving into phase 2... Is ippt still on going? Or can be waived again?

Nuclear Boy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Me and some of my friends postponing our sessions for next few weeks incl this wk, see situation first.

I got email them, but haven't reply or hear any official statement yet.

EDIT (6-May 6pm) from NS Contact:
MINDEF is closely monitoring the development of the COVID-19 situation, and will inform NSmen promptly should there be further updates to the conduct of IPPT/NS FIT sessions. We will like to assure you that MINDEF has put in place a comprehensive set of safe management measures to ensure a safe training and operational environment for our NSmen. These measures include temperature screening, ensuring that IPPT/NS FIT sessions are conducted in smaller groups, and disinfecting of equipment before and after use.

As at 06 May 21, NSmen are still required to fulfill their annual IPPT requirement before the closure of their respective IPPT window.

Last edited:

TerryPower

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
quick question
can wear mask when exercising?

i want to wear even when exercising because i kiasi and i those type not serious in running/jogging/etc. so even if I wear mask also won't have breathing issues.

Reaction score
When I went for my ICT last November there is still outfield just that it have been reduced from 3D2N to just one day no overnight.

As for 'cohesion', they will just order some bento from outside and unlike last time where everyone in the btn will gather together in the stadium for some buffet.
sounds good le, wondering will have another waiver this year or not

crimsontactics

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Moving into phase 2... Is ippt still on going? Or can be waived again?
No news of waiver. Some NSmen got their IPPT sessions cancelled.

But SAF say that those whose date is nearing will have priority and higher chance to not be cancelled

Greent

Reaction score
Wait after hari raya then will know will they going to ext the ** anot.
My feeling is 50/50 ...

Nuclear Boy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone here got their recent slots cancelled, anything like that?

I pushed mine for these few wks a bit further down the calendar myself. So I wonder if they're tightening the count as well on their side.

Greent

Reaction score
Anyone here got their recent slots cancelled, anything like that?

I pushed mine for these few wks a bit further down the calendar myself. So I wonder if they're tightening the count as well on their side.

Nope. Still carry on for last week session.

istoleyourlunch

Reaction score
Need some assists. My ippt window is closing on 17th may 2021 and i have yet to book my ippt due to no slot availabile then i already called mindef and asked if there is anything i can do. They said “frequently check ns portal and see there is any slots, if don’t have take a screenshot and email them” so right now i just wait? Any bros here encounter this before?

Nuclear Boy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
All the upcoming slots other than 17 May greyed out for me until mid-Jun. Assume no sessions going on in the next month due to the tightened social measures.

foo9883

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Need some assists. My ippt window is closing on 17th may 2021 and i have yet to book my ippt due to no slot availabile then i already called mindef and asked if there is anything i can do. They said “frequently check ns portal and see there is any slots, if don’t have take a screenshot and email them” so right now i just wait? Any bros here encounter this before?
Moral of story: don't delay until last day then taiji many many

Nuclear Boy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Moral of story: don't delay until last day then taiji many many
Could already be snapped up early on, nothing he could do, other than to have joined the horde in the first place...

Some events really are not foreseeable and could also change at any time.

MINDEF should be more forgiving during this kind of strange days we're all living in.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.