SAF IPPT, IPT & RT Questions...

life_is_crazy

Reaction score
Can't be that coincidence that none of the FCCs have any slots left for Oct while everything seems normal on Nov.

But don't cancel your IPPT first.. Just wait and see if there is any announcement from MINDEF.

hyperfuse

Master Member
Reaction score
So for 1 workyear, if I attempt just that 1 IPPT, that also count as 1 low key ah?
No.

low key = 6 days
high key = 7 days

for myself i had 3 low key ICT each with 6 days. So basically if u add just 1 more day to each of this low key ICT, it becomes high key since 6+1 = 7 days.

1 ippt session you take in a FCC, considered as half day. So for example you take 2 ippt FCC sessions in 2 years, that will be half day + half day = 1 day. The computer system will add that 1 day to your low key cycle that you took previously (if u had taken). So for my case, it adds to my low key ICTs, thus i MR earlier. 50 percent of my reservist unit also MR same time. We all completed 3 low key + 5 high key and they MR us.

We are lucky that our low key is in the beginning of our reservist cycle. Our ICT roadmap started with 3 low key and last 7 cycle is high keys.

Bottom line is, all this calculation is done by the computer system, there is some algorithm that they will record all your IPPT FCC sessions, your ICT cohesion days etc. and they will tabulate it up against all your ICT. So for me, though only 5 high keys was done, my IPPT sessions get added to my low key sessions lo so most of us fufilled that 10 years ORNS requirements.

And dont take IPPT during an ICT, as that wont be counted as an extra half day as you are using the inclusive ICT days already. Take IPPT outside of ICT in a FCC, that what makes it count. :)

Last edited:

hyperfuse

Master Member
Reaction score
oh wow that is cool, so it is based on the computer system that total tabulate all your hk and lk, thank for the information
yea.

if u go into ns.sg there is this NS booklet section where it keep tracks of all your Mindef SAF appointments. I guess they based off from there.

I also heard that there is another trick. You can go to a FCC to take ippt 3 times. and this 3 times become 1 and a half day. Each year it capped at max 3 times.

So example in year 2021, u go in january, u either fail or pass. then book again in feb, u get a better result again then previous, then the 3rd one u do properly at your best haha..

Not many people know of this, but if many ppl do this, not sure will they change it in future haha.. But thankfully most of my unit about 50 percent all got a sudden news that we MR. They also didnt know until the 3rd last day of the ICT, mindef inform our CO that alot of people gonna MR due to the system calculation.

Some ICT mates, they always do their IPPT during our ICT because probably its easier to pass that way, not too sure. Those who did that, didnt MR, they have 1 or 2 more cycles haha..

orns.jpg

crumpler ish jin expensiv

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Completed first session. Very well run. No cockups or anything. Today was boxing/punching.

Trainer is well motivated, seems like good participation from all the guys. There were 36 people in the session.

Quite intense, worked up a good sweat. Happy that I can clear 1 Fit session without having to travel to camp. Save about 2 hrs of travelling time. Not to mention reduce the risk also. Outside quite high risk.

Recommended if you have the space at home to do it. I think there's 3 sessions a day. 1230, 1630 and 1830.

hyperfuse

Master Member
Reaction score
but the criteria for low key is 6 days or less according to mindef.. quite confusing.
So those go 2-5 days low key not counted?
doesnt matter. they will add it all up, averaged out.

so if say you had 5 days low key, and you already done a few ippt in fcc, example u went twice in each year, and u done 2 years, thats like 2 days. These 2 days can be added to that 5 days low key session u did, and it can be considered as high key liao. Of course you wont see an official response saying that it has become a high key, its all tabulated in the computer system once you fufill your 10 years ORNS.

hyperfuse

Master Member
Reaction score
if for that low key I go 5 days but take IPPT inside( not counted as attendance), mean i only got 5 days for that workyear, my low key not counted? lol

I think i got it, thank!
your low key will always be counted, just that its a low key lo.

To MR, its a requirement to fufill 7 high keys. So the trick is just take ippt in FCC to earn those half days. It will add up eventually and u realise maybe after your 7 or 8 ICT, they give u certificate and watch. hehe.

Though the watch sucks, sold it away =x

hyperfuse

Master Member
Reaction score
oh i see, lol,
i think Ns fit attendance cannot add to 7 days ba lol, they don't allow this lol.
only when you clock 1 low key+ add IPPT attendance then can clock that half day
yea its only for IPPT attendance in fcc.

all those RT or IPT type of stuff, i dont think so. If not like that those who went for 20 RT session so good meh? haha..

Sitheart

Master Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, if anyone needs further information I contacted the contact center 2 days ago and received a reply today.

We refer to your call made to NS Hotline on 28 Sep 21 regarding your current IPPT window. In view of the transition to Stabilisation Phase from 27 Sep 21 to 24 Oct 21, MINDEF will temporarily suspend the conduct of IPPT and physical NS FIT for SAF NSmen at FCCs, SAFRA gyms, FIT@Park, and FIT@HPB Quick HIIT from 27 Sep 21 until further notice. As a result, you may not be able to complete your IPPT requirement before the closure of your 2020/2021 window. In view of your situation, you are advised to contact us again after your window closes. We may provide the assistance to surface your case to the unit for their waiver consideration, subject to approval.

Jason_Dmax

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I booked IPPT on 9 Oct at Maju Camp few weeks back. Not sure if its still on but anyway still considering to postpone it due to current high risk.
FYI Been lurking around this thread wondering if my ippt is still on but they msg me to attend anyway. I just did mine today at Bedok fcc,however I booked this slot before the Govt implemented 2 person dine in and wfh
6-DAAACB7-CA2-F-4887-B373-D8-DA93-AD1-CDD.jpg

Last edited:

Sitheart

Master Member
Reaction score
IPPT suspended... but no news?
yea when I called the hotline the person just mentioned to me the info was just shared internally within the staff.. lol...Afterwards I asked if my bookings will be cancelled he told me to call the FCC hotlines to find out.

Anyway I just checked the October calendar and it seems like you can now book the sessions, not sure if it is due to others cancelling or not.

would suggest to people to call and clarify to be safe

life_is_crazy

Reaction score
Seems like MINDEF is quite flicker minded on whether to suspend IPPT and on site NS FIT.

But then the Covid-19 situation is getting downhill......

iambehkan

Reaction score
Completed first session. Very well run. No cockups or anything. Today was boxing/punching.

Trainer is well motivated, seems like good participation from all the guys. There were 36 people in the session.

Quite intense, worked up a good sweat. Happy that I can clear 1 Fit session without having to travel to camp. Save about 2 hrs of travelling time. Not to mention reduce the risk also. Outside quite high risk.

Recommended if you have the space at home to do it. I think there's 3 sessions a day. 1230, 1630 and 1830.
thanks for sharing bro, anyway do you know whether they will reject me from the session if they see i have kind of small space? or the 36 people in the session all are doing it in wide space? lol my house is really small thats why asking this. and also is it a must to wear shoes or can just do it bare foot since we're just doing it at home?

crumpler ish jin expensiv

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
thanks for sharing bro, anyway do you know whether they will reject me from the session if they see i have kind of small space? or the 36 people in the session all are doing it in wide space? lol my house is really small thats why asking this. and also is it a must to wear shoes or can just do it bare foot since we're just doing it at home?
Jo teo said u only need a small space.

They don't really care, so long as u are in frame. I was 1/2 in the frame, cos hall too small. Also like this. So long as u don't keep smashing into things can liao. I saw 1 guy, his kid was in frame also. They don't really care la. Wear shoes or not is up to you. Better for comfort I guess. I went barefoot.

The session is recorded by then, I guess for audit purposes.

I'm aching a little from the session yesterday. So such training do help. And the good thing is I can get a shower after cooling down and go back to work. It's a good way to clock in the sessions and get some training done also. They somemore pay us. If u wanna do Peleton, u need to pay them.

life_is_crazy

Reaction score
should have cancelled IPPT and ICT in October, so dangerous for everyone to congregate together.
I believe they will do something if the situation gets worsened next week.

But then IMO it's better to postpone those non essential ICTs to next year. Afterall most of us will still end up doing 10 ICTs nevertheless.

Also it is hard for them to conduct ICT as per normal in current circumstances so why not postpone to next year when things are getting more stable and we are fully in the endamic stage? Don't think by postponing a year it will affect SAF's operational readiness.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.