SAF IPPT, IPT & RT Questions...

Opulence

Reaction score
Khatib Camp allow ppl to outpro after 2 static stn, still count as an attempt. I went on Tues.

How was your experience like over there? I heard the 2.4 there rabak cos the track uneven and also have a lot of people walking

freedom-strike

Reaction score
Health Screening Programme (HSP)
If you are 35 years old and above, you need to undergo the SAF Health Screening Programme (HSP). As a safety precaution, only those with a Low Cardiac Risk Outcome will be allowed to participate and be certified Fit for Instruction (FFI).

https://www.ns.sg/web/portal/nsmen/...health-and-medical/health-screening-programme

So i went for my HSP last Monday, only to be told it is pending for follow up due to some health reasons.

As my current ippt window ends next month & my HSP pending, i have upcoming ICT in February next year, being my last cycle.

The question is, usually for the last ICT cycle, if an NSman fails the ippt during the reservist ippt, will he still be required to go through RT & all before he can MR? Or he can just MR even if he fails?

chanmalichanheyhey

Master Member
Reaction score
Alright thanks. Think I will clarify with the fitness trainer over there as well just to be safe. 😊
just did my ippt at kranji camp. the trainer specifically asked who intend to just attempt and these people just need to complete 1 sit up and 1 push up. No need to walk/run 6 rounds.

Shion

Senior Mentor
Reaction score
Cannot. It will not be considered an attempt if you skip 2.4km. Cannot pass then just walk 6 rounds

It has always been this way

Think changed already.

That day I went for IPPT, the fitness trainer see I fail push-up tell me can go already. I saw a few people also just go off after 2 static station.

flowerpalms

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Think changed already.

That day I went for IPPT, the fitness trainer see I fail push-up tell me can go already. I saw a few people also just go off after 2 static station.
I always go maju fcc last time. They dont have such practice

life_is_crazy

Reaction score
just did my ippt at kranji camp. the trainer specifically asked who intend to just attempt and these people just need to complete 1 sit up and 1 push up. No need to walk/run 6 rounds.

But what if I am unable to do even 1 push ups? Can I just maintain the position in the push up station? Is it still considered as an attempt?

TooLaC

Reaction score
So i went for my HSP last Monday, only to be told it is pending for follow up due to some health reasons.

As my current ippt window ends next month & my HSP pending, i have upcoming ICT in February next year, being my last cycle.

The question is, usually for the last ICT cycle, if an NSman fails the ippt during the reservist ippt, will he still be required to go through RT & all before he can MR? Or he can just MR even if he fails?
Actually, a Unit MRs at the end of the army work year. which is on 1st Apr.

So although ure last ICT is in Feb, only till Apr then considered MR.

IIRC, u only need to clear any outstanding charges before they let u MR.

They wont force u to clear ure IPPT or RT before u MR. if ure window ends before Apr, just 1 IPPT attempt will do to avoid getting charged. If kena RT also nvm de. still can MR.

freedom-strike

Reaction score
Actually, a Unit MRs at the end of the army work year. which is on 1st Apr.

So although ure last ICT is in Feb, only till Apr then considered MR.

IIRC, u only need to clear any outstanding charges before they let u MR.

They wont force u to clear ure IPPT or RT before u MR. if ure window ends before Apr, just 1 IPPT attempt will do to avoid getting charged. If kena RT also nvm de. still can MR.

In short, just need to attempt, doesn't matter pass or fail?

DarkArcher

Reaction score
Sharing some experience for those taking IPPT at Kranji FCC:

Parking: Have to drive in via Kranji Camp 3. Not sure where is the best place to park, but just try to find a lot near the track (2nd level of building beside the track is the in-pro area for IPPT). Camp is really large, so best to go in earlier in case you get lost.

desmond_yee1

Banned
Reaction score
Seem like it is wor, need confirmation, cause it is only 0.5 days.

But taking solely only IPPT on that year doesn't stop your unit from calling you for another low key also
does attending IPT/RT contribute to the number of days to clock highkey?

example if 2015 workyear i attended 5 day LK and 4 IPT sessions, is it counted as 7 days for that year?

desmond_yee1

Banned
Reaction score
it does not add up that way, otherwise, everyone will just do this and siam high key liao. not possible one.
i know what you are talking about, but it really does not 'add' up in that manner.
the official version

https://www.ns.sg/web/portal/nsmen/home/nstopics/ns-call-ups/overview-ns-call-ups/types-ns-call-ups
https://www.ns.sg/web/portal/nsmen/home/nstopics/ns-call-ups/overview-ns-call-ups/guidelines
You could also be called up for briefings (e.g. for ICT, mobilisation, etc.), medical reviews, etc. These activities are required to support your fulfilment of your NS duty, and will normally last between a half day and a full day.

flowerpalms

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
maju don't have, got to complete the static first.
nopoint doing the running when u cannot pass.
Now IPPT quite chill liao, unlike last time.
Maju has always been static first, at least from my experience. At the 2.4 the pti will always ask who haven do static

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.