SAF IPPT, IPT & RT Questions...

Nuclear Boy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i am unlikely to pass Ippt in this cycle(I have attempted once)

I understand that I will move to 10 mandatory fit sessions for next cycle. But if i managed to pass my Ippt right at the start of the next cycle, does it mean I don’t have to complete the 10 sessions?

essentially does this means I can clear two cycles with just 1 Ippt pass ?
If you attempt 9 FIT sessions within current cycle, the choice is still yours next cycle.

If not, you can pass it on first session next cycle and be done. If still cannot pass, the 9x FIT will be mandatory to complete the cycle.

Technically yes.

Heriophant

Master Member
Reaction score
Came back from IPPT @ Kranji FCC. Been going here for 3-4 years aldr

noticed some new things implemented:

1. They taking safety very seriously now. Compulsory water parade and COOLDOWN. ( never did before) Prolly due to vaccine-related injuries/ issues

2. If your shoelace is loose during the run, PTI will FORCE you to tie it before continue running.

3. Now they ask you complete 1 survey after IPPT, then can go home. I just went home w/o doing LOL

Last edited:

segafan

Reaction score
can park at parking lot near guardroom, designated for ippt takers
Many thanks!

For other's benefit:
Can drive through the camp entrance gate directly without changing pass at guard house. The NSF guard duty personnel will just scan your NRIC. Park at any available lots, very near to the FCC itself.

The whole IPPT experience very smooth and swift.. It's my first time there (and probably my last) since they employed contractors to run the show - versus last time still using the Army PTI.

Heriophant

Master Member
Reaction score
The whole IPPT experience very smooth and swift.. It's my first time there (and probably my last) since they employed contractors to run the show - versus last time still using the Army PTI.
How come first and LAST ? Migrating?

Xiao Sinkie

Reaction score
Exactly . So if you are the IPT regular, dont bother going to ippt and mandatory fit (9+1l in the same window. Just do alternative
Ippt fail
Mandatory fit
Ippt fail
Mandatory fit
So with just mandatory fit you get to clear 2 windows . Plus now got what fit@park, gym, home
Old post but thanks for info bro. How to see if I'm in mandatory fit or ippt window?

bobbinnija

Reaction score
Hello, if i have yet to clear my IPPT requirement for the window 2021 (Jan)

is it better to take one IPPT fail, and go for mandatory ns fit to clear both 2021 and 2022 window

or

Should I go start going for ns fit in 2021? Will going for 9 training + 1 ippt clear for both 2021 and 2022 or will I need to do 18 training and 2 ippt?

life_is_crazy

Reaction score

is it better to take one IPPT fail, and go for mandatory ns fit to clear both 2021 and 2022 window

or

Should I go start going for ns fit in 2021? Will going for 9 training + 1 ippt clear for both 2021 and 2022 or will I need to do 18 training and 2 ippt?

There is no more 20-X stuffs now.

Nowadays if failed IPPT next window will be 10 mandatory NS FIT sessions inclusive of 1 IPPT session.

So the best way is to attend and fail your IPPT to avoid being charged and attend mandatory NS FIT sessions on the next window.

flowerpalms

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

or

You got no more time for FIT this year lah. You really last minute bomber leh you next year 2022 alrdy you haven even take

Just go attempt and fail lah next window book mandatory FIT

Nuclear Boy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

or

Attempt your IPPT for this window, or you'd get charged for defaulting.

crumpler ish jin expensiv

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Took my ippt yesterday at bedok camp.
Really long waiting times all round.
Wait for tag, wait to in pro.
After all the briefing and warnings, by the time we started on warm up was close to 1820. Everyone had to complete push ups then they switched over to sit ups.
By 1900, only finished 2 stations. One PTI came to ask if anyone wanted to fall out for the 2.4km. I think there were more than 10 of us. So I just clocked this attempt. With my 9 fit at home sessions, I've completed my requirements for this window.

In all, very slow. Be prepared to wait. Bring your own bottle and there's no more lockers to use, so don't bring too much things into camp.

flowerpalms

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi...

My window opening 10 Jan. I have to take FIT this year as fail last window. But my last ICT is in May and going MR. So do i still need to book FIT after MR?

boy_feeling

Reaction score
Guys my IPPT is later. But I have already completed my 9 fit session. If I dont attempt the 2.4km later, will attendance still count? Coz irregardless of whether I pass or fail, I have alrd complete my requirements this window.

Nuclear Boy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Guys my IPPT is later. But I have already completed my 9 fit session. If I dont attempt the 2.4km later, will attendance still count? Coz irregardless of whether I pass or fail, I have alrd complete my requirements this window.
Not sure if you've already gone through it, but some FCCs allow you to drop out after 1 static station and consider it an attempt.

Rubyb4by

Reaction score
Hi got a few question.. if my birthday is on 28 June

1) If I failed my IPPT, does it mean I'm auto enrolled into NS FIT coming window at 29 June?
2) During this window 29 June - next birthday, can I still attempt IPPT?
3) If yes, how many times can I attempt IPPT
4) If no, does It mean i have to complete 10 NS-Fit program? and When can I take IPPT?
5) Also how does Fit@ home works? any idea?

If my understanding is correct, I have to complete 10 NS Fit session, or pass IPPT whichever comes first.
Failing which, I will be enrolled into IPT session?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.