SAF IPPT, IPT & RT Questions...

Nuclear Boy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi got a few question.. if my birthday is on 28 June

1) If I failed my IPPT, does it mean I'm auto enrolled into NS FIT coming window at 29 June?
2) During this window 29 June - next birthday, can I still attempt IPPT?
3) If yes, how many times can I attempt IPPT
4) If no, does It mean i have to complete 10 NS-Fit program? and When can I take IPPT?
5) Also how does Fit@ home works? any idea?

If my understanding is correct, I have to complete 10 NS Fit session, or pass IPPT whichever comes first.
Failing which, I will be enrolled into IPT session?

1) Yes, and this is mandatory, you must complete the programme, since you failed IPPT (and did not fulfill the FIT requirements for current cycle)
2) Yes, in fact it is part of the FIT programme (1x IPPT + 9x FIT)
3) No limit, but they'll only give you allowance for the first 3 attempts
4) Refer to Ans(2). It can be taken in any order of your choosing.
5) Book a slot like how you'd book IPPT or FIT on the portal, then they'd send you the Zoom meeting link for the session, just turn on webcam and be in your PT attire, follow along with the trainer.

If you can't (or think you can't) pass, just take 1 IPPT and the rest 9 FIT sessions to complete your future cycles. This will give you a choice on how you want to complete your following cycle.

Or 1 IPPT attempt, then mandatory NS FIT for the following cycle, rinse and repeat thereafter. (i.e. 11 sessions over 2 years, instead of 20)

The old IPT and RT programmes have been streamlined into NS FIT. It's essentially just IPT, but with RT scrapped.

flowerpalms

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Will be going for mandatory FIT first for peace of mind. Going to MR in May but official MR is 1st April for NSmen so my official is 1st April 2023. Happy is going to MR lo...

Rubyb4by

Reaction score
1) Yes, and this is mandatory, you must complete the programme, since you failed IPPT (and did not fulfill the FIT requirements for current cycle)
4) Refer to Ans(2). It can be taken in any order of your choosing.
5) Book a slot like how you'd book IPPT or FIT on the portal, then they'd send you the Zoom meeting link for the session, just turn on webcam and be in your PT attire, follow along with the trainer.

If you can't (or think you can't) pass, just take 1 IPPT and the rest 9 FIT sessions to complete your future cycles. This will give you a choice on how you want to complete your following cycle.

Or 1 IPPT attempt, then mandatory NS FIT for the following cycle, rinse and repeat thereafter. (i.e. 11 sessions over 2 years, instead of 20)

The old IPT and RT programmes have been streamlined into NS FIT. It's essentially just IPT, but with RT scrapped.

Hey thanks for your reply, it was helpful!

Just wanted to clarify further..

What does allowance mean for first 3 attempts?

So if I've taken 3 ippts and still fail, I just need to clear 9 FIT sessions before my next birthday right?
Since the ippt attempt is considered to be 1 fit session

4) Lastly what if I fail to turn up for my sessions? meaning I did not cancel the Fit session and something urgent or work came up? is there any penalty?
Asking this because I wanna book as many slots as I can since left with few weeks and seems like Jan and Feb already filled up

Last edited:

Rubyb4by

Reaction score
Also any idea what's the difference between FIT@home room 1 and Fit@home room 2?
and how long is the duration?
does my camera need to show full body etc.?

Nuclear Boy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hey thanks for your reply, it was helpful!

Just wanted to clarify further..

What does allowance mean for first 3 attempts?
When you attempt IPPT, you'll get half-day NS allowance, but they'll only pay for up to 3 attempts. You are free to attempt more times, but these won't be paid. However, if you reach any of the IPPT awards, you'd still get the prize money.

So if I've taken 3 ippts and still fail, I just need to clear 9 FIT sessions before my next birthday right?
Since the ippt attempt is considered to be 1 fit session
Yes, if you're on mandatory window. Meanwhile, you can attempt IPPT as many times as you like if you think you can pass. Getting a pass also constitutes completion of your current window, mandatory or not. But you won't get reimbursed for turning up past 3 attempts, so booking FIT is a better choice if you can't pass after 3 IPPTs, because you'd get paid for FIT sessions.
4) Lastly what if I fail to turn up for my sessions? meaning I did not cancel the Fit session and something urgent or work came up? is there any penalty?
Asking this because I wanna book as many slots as I can since left with few weeks and seems like Jan and Feb already filled up No, your slot would just lapse and be listed as 'Absent'. That slot would be freed up from your booking quota after some working days, and you can book a slot for another time.
See answers in bold

Also any idea what's the difference between FIT@home room 1 and Fit@home room 2?
and how long is the duration?
does my camera need to show full body etc.?
Just split into smaller grps with different trainers maybe, each with their own programmes, but definitely statics only and around an hour long. And yes, they need to see full body, if not most of your workout stance.

Rubyb4by

Reaction score
See answers in bold

Just split into smaller grps with different trainers maybe, each with their own programmes, but definitely statics only and around an hour long. And yes, they need to see full body, if not most of your workout stance.

thanks a lot!!

sorry few more questions,

1) how many maximum sessions can I book at one time? is it 3 FIT session? or 3 FIT session 1 IPPT session? etc.?

2) what happens if i fail to complete the 10 IPT sessions? for example i only did 7 or 8 IPT and attempted 1 IPPT. still lacked of maybe 1 or 2 IPT session.
do I get charge??

3) do you guys normally use phone or laptop camera for FIT@Home? just wondering if phone camera will suffice

Nuclear Boy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
thanks a lot!!

sorry few more questions,

1) how many maximum sessions can I book at one time? is it 3 FIT session? or 3 FIT session 1 IPPT session? etc.?

2) what happens if i fail to complete the 10 IPT sessions? for example i only did 7 or 8 IPT and attempted 1 IPPT. still lacked of maybe 1 or 2 IPT session.
do I get charge??

3) do you guys normally use phone or laptop camera for FIT@Home? just wondering if phone camera will suffice

1) 9x FIT and 1x IPPT

2) Yes, considered as defaulting if you're on mandatory window. If not, you'd fulfill your window as there was an IPPT attempt. Your following window will be mandatory if that attempt is a fail.

3) Both can do, but the real qn is whether YOU can see what the trainer is doing :o

SpecialKeyboardService

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anyone cant access ippt e service on ns.sg?

I having ns fit online later, but cant access the zoom link........ cos inside the e service.

Cycy11

Reaction score
Hey guys so i've got a question

i defaulted for 2019 and my RT for 2020 window got waived.

What if i can't pass my ippt for 2021's window? Do i need to complete NSFit or can i just fail this window and do the mandatory NSfit for 2022? Thanks a bunch

Last edited:

life_is_crazy

Reaction score
Hey guys so i've got a question

i defaulted for 2019 and my RT for 2020 window got waived.

What if i can't pass my ippt for 2021's window? Do i need to complete NSFit or can i just fail this window and do the mandatory NSfit for 2022? Thanks a bunch

Check whether you are currently in IPPT or mandatory NS FIT window. (I think most likely you are in IPPT window as your RT previously were waived + NS FIT is a new system).

If you are in IPPT window, I suggest that you just attempt 1 IPPT to avoid getting charged and next window just take mandatory NS FIT.

If you are in mandatory NS FIT window you need to attempt 1 IPPT + 9 NS FIT sessions to avoid being charged.

Cycy11

Reaction score
Thank you! I already finished attempting my ippt (statics) and FT said those here for attendance can just outpro. However it shows my 2.4km is 0mins. Is that normal? Sorry its my first time falling out early for ippt.

Last edited:

Nuclear Boy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thank you! I already finished attempting my ippt (statics) and FT said those here for attendance can just outpro. However it shows my 2.4km is 0mins. Is that normal? Sorry its my first time falling out early for ippt.
Yes, they'll mark that as an attempt. Good enough if you're there for the sake of it.

life_is_crazy

Reaction score
I just hope they won't make me RT after my ICT before MR.

Their systems are getting better.

Just 10 years ago for those that cannot pass IPPT we need to take 18 IPPT/IPT/RT sessions within 1 year, and then they changed to 20 IPPT/IPT/RT sessions within 2 years and now 11 IPPT/NS FIT sessions within 2 years.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.