SAF IPPT, IPT & RT Questions...

zhane

Master Member
Reaction score
Do you still need to complete the liability on your last cycle after you MR?

Edit: Example if let's say your last cycle MR is sept 2023, IPPT window closes on april 2024.
interested to know too

sakakazu

Reaction score
interested to know too
Interested in this too. My new window supposedly will open later this month, but my MR date is at the end of the month so it'll feel like I got another year of 'birthday gift' for no reason if I'm required to clear the window.

Kodiak11

Reaction score
Hi, this will be my first time taking ippt in more than a decade. Can anyone advise if adopting a wider than shoulder width hand position for the pushup station is allowed? Or will it be penalised?

lowzeewee

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi, this will be my first time taking ippt in more than a decade. Can anyone advise if adopting a wider than shoulder width hand position for the pushup station is allowed? Or will it be penalised?
OK as long as your hands fit within the station sensor limits

Nuclear Boy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Machine might allow, but PTIs will keep an eye out for posture. They will advise and penalise if you never heed.

If fail IPPT and never do RT when will get charged?
Now no more RT (replaced by FIT), but yes, considered as defaulting if you are in mandatory FIT window. (aka attempt but fail IPPT this window, next window never complete 1x IPPT + 9x FIT if you fail this IPPT as well)

Kodiak11

Reaction score
Sorry wide arm is not allowed. Improper form. Ur chest not low enough
I saw a youtube video where a fitness coach who used to be an SAF officer said it's allowed. I think to a point depending on how wide your arms are it might be acceptable, or at least the PTIs would close one eye.

Wider arm position doesn't mean your chest can't go low??

Kodiak11

Reaction score
Sorry wide arm is not allowed. Improper form. Ur chest not low enough
Anyway, I will take my IPPT next month. And report back. But before that I will try and call the FCC to see if I can get to speak to one of the PTIs and ask them directly.

flowerpalms

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyway, I will take my IPPT next month. And report back. But before that I will try and call the FCC to see if I can get to speak to one of the PTIs and ask them directly.
If you do wide arm push up, ur chest must go low enough for the machine to count . That is actually much more tiring than the standard shoulder width apart push up

Nuclear Boy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Doesn't make sense.
You don't travel as far per rep for wide-arm vs mandated "normal" shoulder-width. On the other hand, it is more strenuous.

But if you specifically trained wide-arm and very proficient, you would be able to do more in the same time period because of the shorter travel. But IPPT standard is set using shoulder-width technique. That's the criteria to follow and meet.

flowerpalms

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyway ur hands must be inside the box. So I am sure wide arm push up is improper form and will be a no count

Go and see this video

flowerpalms

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I saw a youtube video where a fitness coach who used to be an SAF officer said it's allowed. I think to a point depending on how wide your arms are it might be acceptable, or at least the PTIs would close one eye.

Wider arm position doesn't mean your chest can't go low??
Tell the saf officer dun talk nonsense, what fitness coach? Is not the PTI close eye lah hello, is the machine no count. You dun believe then you go do lah wide arm. See the machine got count anot loh.

Kodiak11

Reaction score
If you do wide arm push up, ur chest must go low enough for the machine to count . That is actually much more tiring than the standard shoulder width apart push up
Same goes for closer arm position ma. It's either your pecs work more, or your tris and delts work more. But pecs being the larger muscle group, it should be more natural and easier to be stronger in that. Hence wider arm should be easier, unless u are imbalanced musculature wise.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.