SAF IPPT, IPT & RT Questions...

ah_cheng1882

Reaction score
Ict deferment is different. We have to pay back. In this case, you decided not to go for ipt sessions. Now u wanna convert 20 rt sessions into 8 ipt sessions. From 28 sessions to 8 sessions. Is this fair if u can skirt the rules? Who in mindef can grant such exemptions?

Whats there to watch? Its not a matter of flexibilty but case to case basis. Just like ict deferment request leh. If I get the reduction, it doesn't mean the nxt person who follow suit will automatically get the same results. Worse come to worse, suck thumb and try to complete 20 lessons lor. Simple as that.

aircraft

Reaction score
Don't think its a matter of flexiblity but case by case basis like ict deferment. If i manged to get thru, does not mean the nxt person who follow suit will automatically get the same results right? Worse come to worse, at the most suck thumb and try to complete 20 lessons lor. So what's there to watch?

Watching because We are working on precedence. More so for Case to case basis, as your situation is extremely common among NS MEN ...

Most probably they will ask u attend first, then apply for extension to complete 20 sessions.

viksim

Reaction score
Ict deferment is different. We have to pay back. In this case, you decided not to go for ipt sessions. Now u wanna convert 20 rt sessions into 8 ipt sessions. From 28 sessions to 8 sessions. Is this fair if u can skirt the rules? Who in mindef can grant such exemptions?

Bro, Ipt is voluntary. U can choose to go for 1 session or 10 sessions. Beats better than to default the entire ippt and be charged right? Fair or not, its up to mindef. Like i said, if my reason is not valid, suck thumb lor.

ah_cheng1882

Reaction score
Oh ok. I'm also getting my keys soon. So I will use that to 'exchange' 20 rt for 8 ipt. Fair to u? Of course it's up to mindef to decide. But if anyone dares to grant such exemptions, he/she better be prepared to face the backlash.

Bro, Ipt is voluntary. U can choose to go for 1 session or 10 sessions. Beats better than to default the entire ippt and be charged right? Fair or not, its up to mindef. Like i said, if my reason is not valid, suck thumb lor.

viksim

Reaction score
Watching because We are working on precedence. More so for Case to case basis, as your situation is extremely common among NS MEN ...

Most probably they will ask u attend first, then apply for extension to complete 20 sessions.

Definitely I will be attending the RT lessons first, extension is another solution for me.

viksim

Reaction score
Oh ok. I'm also getting my keys soon. So I will use that to 'exchange' 20 rt for 8 ipt. Fair to u? Of course it's up to mindef to decide. But if anyone dares to grant such exemptions, he/she better be prepared to face the backlash.

Then is it fair that one who default their ippt gets charged and skipped the entire window giving the common reasoning?

Congrats to getting your keys soon but how soon? For me, its next month June as stated in HDB website.

Last edited:

windfall

Reaction score
Need some help here as well.

1. is IPT-IPPT considered as an IPPT attempt as well?

2. I am supposed to MR in Aug. but my RT window will start in Aug and end Oct (birthday). Can i skip RT totally?

viksim

Reaction score

2. I am supposed to MR in Aug. but my RT window will start in Aug and end Oct (birthday). Can i skip RT totally?

1. IPT 1st lesson is IPPT assessment and yes, if you achieve the band target assigned to you thereafter.

2. Unless you are very sure you will MR in Aug, it would be best if you check with your unit on this.

vasilli07

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score

1) Yes.

2) SAF work year ends on 31st March so u are not officially MR even if your last ict is in Aug. U only officially MR on 31st March 2014.

Freshy

Master Member
Reaction score
What's the latest time to in-pro for non ict ippt??
Must reach before 5pm on weekdays??

Freshy

Master Member
Reaction score
Non ict ippt also need to complete 2.4km?? Or can just give up n out-pro after static? :D

vasilli07

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What's the latest time to in-pro for non ict ippt??
Must reach before 5pm on weekdays??

Starts at 5pm so try to reach around that time too

As for 2.4km, should be yes but double confirm with pti just in case different camp different policy.

kakaboo

Reaction score
unless u r going overseas no way they will reduce your amount of RT sessions one la.. at the most they will extend your window for 2-3 more months and ask you to complete it.

if u wanna appeal for such thing it is possible though, but definitely not through NS portal.. only your own camp/unit CO has such power and can answer for it (this just my opinion though)

viksim

Reaction score
unless u r going overseas no way they will reduce your amount of RT sessions one la.. at the most they will extend your window for 2-3 more months and ask you to complete it.

if u wanna appeal for such thing it is possible though, but definitely not through NS portal.. only your own camp/unit CO has such power and can answer for it (this just my opinion though)

No worries bro, all settled. My unit called me up to ask for extension with FCC for RT end date (note that this is a one time request only). If end of extended date, still can't complete 20 sessions, then case closed.

Freshy

Master Member
Reaction score
Starts at 5pm so try to reach around that time too

As for 2.4km, should be yes but double confirm with pti just in case different camp different policy.

Thks for ur reply.
So can in-pro latest what time? 6pm earliest I can reach the FCC...haiz..
Bo bian then have to go weekend liao..

Kiwi8

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Thks for ur reply.

For RT and IPPT, if required, u are supposed to get time off from your employer to attend. If required u can make the booking printout to give to employer.

vasilli07

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thks for ur reply.

Not too sure about arriving at 6pm since that time is for RT-IPPT. U may want to call the FCC to check.

Freshy

Master Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys!! Appreciate the help!

First 2 ippt sessions got pay $$ right??

Think have to find a free weekend to attend at least once......

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.