SAF IPPT, IPT & RT Questions...

vasilli07

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Have to wait till my window open then can book IPPT?

Already cleared this window and it re-opens in Dec and wanted to clear it as soon as it opens but the system doesn't allow me to book and only allows me to book a slot till the day before my window opens.

Yes.......

iPeaceX

Reaction score
anyone tried to book 8th session RT-IPPT?

I tried booking and all the way till Dec no RT-IPPT. If this goes on I might not be able to finish the 20 sessions. Anyone here can tell me a date which they successfully booked the 8th session? Thanks alot!

vasilli07

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I tried booking and all the way till Dec no RT-IPPT. If this goes on I might not be able to finish the 20 sessions. Anyone here can tell me a date which they successfully booked the 8th session? Thanks alot!

Try to check it everyday, may have some cancellation by other people. And FCC closed for a week or so during the last week of Dec to after 1st Jan.

Kiwi8

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score

Huh? I think there is no such thing as RT-IPPT on the booking calender leh. U should just book a RT session and that will be converted to an RT-IPPT (after a few days) if that's your 8th, 14th or 20th session.

iPeaceX

Reaction score
@Kiwi The thing is, I tried booking my 8th RT but the booking system rejects my booking as it says your 8th RT session is a RT-IPPT and there is no IPPT session that day. Please select other sessions. But the thing is when I checked the IPPT booking page, there is actually IPPT on the days I booked? I'm confused now and thanks to those who replied!

Kiwi8

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
@Kiwi The thing is, I tried booking my 8th RT but the booking system rejects my booking as it says your 8th RT session is a RT-IPPT and there is no IPPT session that day. Please select other sessions. But the thing is when I checked the IPPT booking page, there is actually IPPT on the days I booked? I'm confused now and thanks to those who replied!

In that case u should call up the FCC liao.

vasilli07

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Are you booking on Sun or Mon? No IPPT on these 2 days.

iPeaceX

Reaction score
Another question, its impossible to book RT 4 times a week yeah? The inbetween breaks we are forced to take. Sigh.

ragegoh

Reaction score
I took my first IPT session which is a IPPT test.

Passed all stations except 2.4km (14:40min).

I'll be going for IPT 2nd session in Khatib camp tomorrow evening.

Q1) What do I tell the in-pro counter ah? Because the first time i went, i filled up a form, exchanged my IC for a camp pass but I see the others dont need camp pass leh.

Q2) Once I'm inside, how do I know where I'm supposed to go to for training?

Q3) Am I able to book a IPPT to clear my target band for this year without clearing the 3rd to 9th session when I'm confident I can reach the target band?

Q4) I noticed the lockers there are always occupied, any other places to put our personal belongings? (I dont own a car or a bike or a bicycle)

Kiwi8

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Another question, its impossible to book RT 4 times a week yeah? The inbetween breaks we are forced to take. Sigh.

Impossible, due to the need to rest 1 day between bookings. So that means 3 times maximum a week.

j_t_fusion

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I took my first IPT session which is a IPPT test.

Passed all stations except 2.4km (14:40min).

I'll be going for IPT 2nd session in Khatib camp tomorrow evening.

Q1) What do I tell the in-pro counter ah? Because the first time i went, i filled up a form, exchanged my IC for a camp pass but I see the others dont need camp pass leh.

Q2) Once I'm inside, how do I know where I'm supposed to go to for training?

Q3) Am I able to book a IPPT to clear my target band for this year without clearing the 3rd to 9th session when I'm confident I can reach the target band?

Q4) I noticed the lockers there are always occupied, any other places to put our personal belongings? (I dont own a car or a bike or a bicycle)

Q1) just go the ipt in-pro counter. IPPT/IPT/RT no need camp pass, the guard room just need to scan your NRIC for attendance.

Q2) just follow the crowd... follow those with same tag colour and belt.

Q3) yes, once you get your PPT, can just book normal non-ICT IPPT to clear your PPT.

Q4) nope, lockers only. there are lockers at the entrance of the FCC toilet and there are also lockers near the shuttle run station.

alchemist_acid

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
RT booking starts 1month before the RT 3-month window opens right?

s4dcJDp.png

My BookRT button cannot press. Is it required to attempt ippt before the button gets unlocked? Year 0 here btw

wizzyslurpee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Q1) just go the ipt in-pro counter. IPPT/IPT/RT no need camp pass, the guard room just need to scan your NRIC for attendance.

Q2) just follow the crowd... follow those with same tag colour and belt.

Q3) yes, once you get your PPT, can just book normal non-ICT IPPT to clear your PPT.

Q4) nope, lockers only. there are lockers at the entrance of the FCC toilet and there are also lockers near the shuttle run station.

Assuming it is the same at all camps, the second session of IPT should be the "body age test". Basically you just go to the gym and relax while having the simple test (some exercises and filling out a computer form). You only get this test if the person processing your in-pro bothers to check or if you proactively ask for it - else you just go for the normal training. If you really want to exercise, don't ask for it unless they insist on giving it to you. If you just want to slack and go home earlier than the rest, ask for it if they didn't bother to check.

Also, look at the open-close knobs of the lockers. The lockers may look closed but they may not be locked.

wizzyslurpee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
RT booking starts 1month before the RT 3-month window opens right?

s4dcJDp.png

My BookRT button cannot press. Is it required to attempt ippt before the button gets unlocked? Year 0 here btw

You definitely need to make at least one IPPT attempt during your birthday window. If you pass, congrats. If you fail, you have to book for your RT during the last 3 months of the window. And yes, you should be able to book 1 month before the 3-month timeframe.

And so, you have about a week's time to book and do your first IPPT. I suggest you hurry. Failure to make at least one IPPT attempt will get you charged. You have to take it even if you know you will fail. So quickly book your IPPT, take it, fail it, then go book your RT. (Even if you can pass, I don't think you can take your IPPT during the last 3 months and have it counted without pulling some strings.)

ps- you can call or email NS centre to ask specific questions about your case. They are quite responsive and friendly.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.