SAF IPPT, IPT & RT Questions...

jht199

Reaction score
Is it possible to book IPPT and clear it after my 9mth window ends, without going for a single session of RT?

AceyourMaths

Banned
Reaction score
Dear Mr ,

1. Thank you for your suggestion on 28 May to extend the duration for Remedial Training (RT).
2. We would like to highlight that the Committee to Strengthen NS, which has submitted its report and recommendations to the government for approval on 22 May, has included this issue in its report. You can access more details on the CSNS proposals at Strengthening NS . More details will be announced in the coming weeks, following the Government’s approval of the recommendations.
We look forward to your continued support of NS!

Yours sincerely,

Koh Shi Qi (Samantha)
MINDEF Feedback Officer
MINDEF Public Affairs
NS Call Centre Hotline: 1800-3676767
Fax: 67646119
MINDEF Website: Ministry of Defence, Singapore - Home
NS Portal: NS Portal

Ows

Master Member
Reaction score
Is it possible to book IPPT and clear it after my 9mth window ends, without going for a single session of RT?

ehh, why you want to do that? you better attempt once within your first 9 months of the IPPT window.

AceyourMaths

Banned
Reaction score

Yes you can.

but you need to attempt 1 ippt in the first 9 months or you will be treated as ippt defaulter.

After 9 months, you can book ippt too I believe. However, if you cannot pass, it is not counted as an RT session and you still have to go for all RT sessions.

hosehbo?

Master Member
Reaction score
hmm if say i book RT for today, then today my customer change meeting timing and i cannot attend my RT.

i can't cancel my RT, if i dun go, whats gonna happen?

AceyourMaths

Banned
Reaction score
hmm if say i book RT for today, then today my customer change meeting timing and i cannot attend my RT.

1-2 time, its okay. Dont need produce MC or excuse.

If you absent for more than 2 times for RT, you will get a call to explain yourself.

tellim

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i passed my ippt, if i retake to aim silver but FAILED instead...my last result which was a PASS will still be valid right?

vasilli07

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score

As long as u complete all the sessions by the time frame given to u, u will be ok.

SyraLeo

Master Member
Reaction score
boring, the new system for soccer and whatever is only for IPT at khatib camp.

RT as per normal.

Xander13

Reaction score
Qns: i have reservist high key for 14 days in August. Most likely its going to be stay in. however i am currently studying, taking night classes. I would not want to defer or miss my class.

What are the chances of requesting for stay out. any solution?

vasilli07

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Qns: i have reservist high key for 14 days in August. Most likely its going to be stay in. however i am currently studying, taking night classes. I would not want to defer or miss my class.

What are the chances of requesting for stay out. any solution?

Depends on your PC and training schedule.

gtggtg

Reaction score
Hi,
I completed ten sessions of ipt but couldn't achieve the ppt.

So do i just book 8 sessions of RT where the 8th session is ippt during RT and i am done?

I am confused as even though ns.sg shows i have done 10 sessions of ipt, it does not say anything about how many rt sessions i need to do.

Thanks

j_t_fusion

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi,

So do i just book 8 sessions of RT where the 8th session is ippt during RT and i am done?

I am confused as even though ns.sg shows i have done 10 sessions of ipt, it does not say anything about how many rt sessions i need to do.

Thanks

yes

even if you never hit the PPT during the RT-IPPT, you are still considered done.

Rusty89

Reaction score
Hi,

Thanks

Yea u can only start booking after your 9 months. It will only inform u that u have attended your ipt but fail to clear your ppt after that period also.

joshuawongwong

Reaction score
Hi Brothers please advise,

my ippt windows close in mid july, then have to do for RT liao....

i am from the guards cat X.

normal Ippt

Pullup 2pts
situp 5pts
SBJ 2pts
2.4km 2pts
shuttle run depends on luck sometimes 2 sometimes 5

last week ippt

Pullup 2pts
situp 5pts
SBJ 2pts
2.4km 2pts
shuttle run 2pts
total 13pts fail lack 2 to pass

so last week i failed becos not enough pts...so i was thinking can i take the all and purposely fail shuttle run so i will be partial failure and able to keep trying my luck for shuttle run to hit 4 points to hit total 15 pts to pass.

any brother got any comments on this?

chehjin

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

normal Ippt

Pullup 2pts
situp 5pts
SBJ 2pts
2.4km 2pts

last week ippt

Pullup 2pts
situp 5pts
SBJ 2pts
2.4km 2pts
shuttle run 2pts

so last week i failed becos not enough pts...so i was thinking can i take the all and purposely fail shuttle run so i will be partial failure and able to keep trying my luck for shuttle run to hit 4 points to hit total 15 pts to pass.

for partial failure, u have to meet the min # of pts in the first place, therefore I think you might not be eligible. maybe you can double check with the PTI in the test center.

anyway, I believe u are closer to passing than many others. maybe u want to consider do the full test to get the monetary incentive. partial failure then pass gets nothing.

AceyourMaths

Banned
Reaction score

normal Ippt

Pullup 2pts
situp 5pts
SBJ 2pts
2.4km 2pts

last week ippt

Pullup 2pts
situp 5pts
SBJ 2pts
2.4km 2pts
shuttle run 2pts

You passed. You passed without incentive.

Even if you take partial and get 15 pts, you also won't get incentive.

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.