SAF IPPT, IPT & RT Questions...

ahmad0410

Reaction score
This is my first time going for ipt session. Understand that there are different color tags? What does it represent? In addition, can we choose the color or it was allocated to us?

There will be signs on the counter to let you know if you forget:

- Blue: Metabolic Circuit (upper body)
- Yellow: IPPT Specific
- Red: Running
- Orange: Games (soccer, captains ball)
- Green: Weight loss (above 27 BMI)

Calander

Reaction score
u choose ur own colours.

if u are interested to find out how the 4 colours, excludin green, u can have 2 sessions of each colour

j_t_fusion

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
any nsmen took the new ippt? how is push up station like? machine or manual counting?

i suspect it should be manual counting for the time being cos the old 5 station ippt will still be available until next year so the FCC got no space to install new push up machines.

keigo

Master Member
Reaction score
any nsmen took the new ippt? how is push up station like? machine or manual counting?

manual counting

Very strict on posture, after 3 warnings, -5 counts until u have the right posture. 5 testers each time and followed by next 5 as counter according to tag number. I took it at KFCC.

It's never the less easy to pass and get incentive though.

Last edited:

Potatoe

Reaction score
where to change and put our belongings if you choose to attend the IPT in the park sessions?

kurt111494

Master Member
Reaction score
According to mindef website, if u book before april 1, u still can choose old/new format. After april 1, you can only do new format.

I heard from the recent news that we're given the option of choosing between the old and new format for 1 year from april 2015 onwards.

http://www.mindef.gov.sg/imindef/re.../news/2015/feb/27feb15_news.html#.VRycg_yUc_8

"Operationally Ready National Servicemen will have a year to transit to the three-station IPPT format. This means that they can choose to do either the older five-station IPPT or the new format up to 31 Mar 2016. Active service personnel will move to the new format on 1 Apr 2015."

jackasshole3

Reaction score
manual counting

Very strict on posture, after 3 warnings, -5 counts until u have the right posture. 5 testers each time and followed by next 5 as counter according to tag number. I took it at KFCC.

It's never the less easy to pass and get incentive though.

Wa lao! 5 tester lookin you do pushup ? Got so many PTI ah..

ahmad0410

Reaction score
Do note for Khatib FCC.

Tuesday and Thursday 7pm IPT will be doing KPop. Thats right. K freaking Pop.

Last edited:

ahmad0410

Reaction score
It's gay, but the cardio aspect is there. Everyone's shagged at the end of the night.

smuttyblueberry

Reaction score
New IPPT

Hi, everybody. just did the new IPPT today and here to share something about the Pushup since there are a lot of questions about this. This was done in Maju FCC.

Pushup is done in detail of 5. Each person who is doing will be watched by 1 PTI EACH. He is positioned directly in front of you. Your assistant will be to your half left. There were other extra PTIs walking around the general area who will point out to your PTI in charge of you if there are no counts. So you are watched from front and back.

1) You will take position by lying down entirely on the floor with your arms beside your chest. NO WIDE ARM.

2) You are required to do 2-3 "demo" pushup to your PTI. He will correct you if you do not have the proper form (body straight, arms shoulder width apart, and nothing else touching the floor when you go down) You will go back into the position in Step 1 after this. This is known as the STANDBY position.

3) PTI will say STANDBY, followed by UP. On the word UP, you will push up until your arms are straight. Assistant will put his fist below your sternum (middle of chest) which is also inbetween where your palms are. This step will take about 1-2 seconds MAX.

4) PTI says GO! You whack as many as you can in 60s. everytime your chest hits the fist your assistant will count out loud. He will continue to count as long as you hit the first. PTI will say OUT LOUD when your pushup has no count and deduct it from your final score (that your assistant counted) when you are done.

Note: they are VERY particular about form. So when you train for pushup. Focus not on numbers but on the form. make sure you do swee swee first then push for higher number. The max amount you do when training should be the max you can do without BREAKING form.

Note2: You can rest when your body is up and your hands are fully extended. You can rest with your hips pushed back (like when you kena tekkan and you holding pushup position your ass in the air like that) however BEFORE you continue the pushup you must go back to a straight body before going down to the ground.

Hope I helped clarify the process! It seems very scary, honestly I quite scared before the test today. But aside from the ngiao-ness is actually quite easy to pass.

nitokit

Reaction score
I was at maju camp today too.

Just to add on, no matter what DO NOT let your knees touch the ground even if you are extremely shag.

The moment your knees touch the ground, the test is ended.

Other than that, just try your best to do proper form, which includes straighten of arm before going down, chest touching assistant's fist, and body as straight as possible.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.