SAF IPPT, IPT & RT Questions...

j_t_fusion

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So i have to go 11 sessions of ipt and ippt?
1st- ippt
2nd-9th ipt
10th ippt again
Correct?

1st session IPT is your IPT-IPPT.

2nd to 9th IPT session is your IPT training sessions.

10th session IPT is again another IPT-IPPT.

total is only 10 sessions. :s13:

everything just book as IPT. even if is IPT-IPPT, book as IPT and go during IPT timing and not non-ICT IPPT timing. when in-pro just go to the IPPT in-pro counter.

IPT-IPPT is counted as an IPPT attempt as well so you do not have to go for an extra non-ICT IPPT.

arms close to the body, elbows not pointing outwards

arms must be shoulder wide apart.

kurt111494

Master Member
Reaction score
arms must be shoulder wide apart.

i think what he meant to ask was, are the elbows allowed to poke/point outside of your shoulder width? or must they be tucked tightly to the sides of your body?

this pushup station ah, implement already only to have more nitpicking on us. got so many things to pick on then don't implement it as part of IPPT. zzzz dunno what SAF thinking.

j_t_fusion

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i think what he meant to ask was, are the elbows allowed to poke/point outside of your shoulder width? or must they be tucked tightly to the sides of your body?

this pushup station ah, implement already only to have more nitpicking on us. got so many things to pick on then don't implement it as part of IPPT. zzzz dunno what SAF thinking.

the PTI never mention anything about the elbows so anything should be fine. my elbows are pointing outwards and the push ups are all counted.

honestly it cannot really be called nitpicking lah. we are supposed to do standard push ups.

Shion

Senior Mentor
Reaction score
well, i could struggle 10 pushups if no need to tuck in the arms

if tuck in, i can do zero

kurt111494

Master Member
Reaction score
well, i could struggle 10 pushups if no need to tuck in the arms

if tuck in, i can do zero

actually about the same as me. my left elbow always has a sharp pain (the funny bone part) when i try to do pushups with my elbows tucked in (experienced it in army/in uniformed group days). but there is no pain at all when i do pushups with my elbows pointing out or when i pullups, so i ignored it all this time.

just worried about what exactly defines a standard pushup (other than straightening the body and arms shoulder width apart) so that won't affect my ippt performance as much :/

Shion

Senior Mentor
Reaction score
actually about the same as me. my left elbow always has a sharp pain (the funny bone part) when i try to do pushups with my elbows tucked in (experienced it in army/in uniformed group days). but there is no pain at all when i do pushups with my elbows pointing out or when i pullups, so i ignored it all this time.

just worried about what exactly defines a standard pushup (other than straightening the body and arms shoulder width apart) so that won't affect my ippt performance as much :/

same here...got this weird pain...

nvm, i go take 1st and see what the PTI says :)

thanks

nwstbz23

Reaction score
I just went for my IPPT at Bedok yesterday.

Push up:26
Sit up: 33
Running: 12 mins 30 seconds.

Managed to pull off a pass with incentive.

After hearing all the horror stories, I thought I was going to get 0 points for pushup. But my advice is to do a proper one. Rather than wasting your energy and getting no counts.

Most impt thing the PTI look out for is whether your back is straight when you go down and up.

The part about ur chest touching your assistant's fist is not very anal. It's just a guide of how low you need to go. Not necessarily touching your assistant fist. Just near is fine.
Agree with Chicken_Devil and I also did my new IPPT on last Saturday morning in Bedok camp before my IPPT window close this month. Similar score and passed the new ippt with incentive. I feel that scoring is tougher for this new IPPT here.

ahmad0410

Reaction score
Is there an option to do the 5 station IPPT? Because I can't do proper form push up. If cant do proper push up, they allow you to skip or you just push up position there until time is up?

Calander

Reaction score
can the ipt window still be extend by 1 month now like previous time?

it has already been extended by 3 months compared to the previous time.

meaning that, u have 12 months to clear IPT instead of 9 months.

mindef did actually sent brouchers abt the new system. did u even receive them??

ahmad0410

Reaction score
Anyone got any idea if you can skip and not attempt the push up if you know you cant do even one proper form?

I see that the machines for 5 stations are not being used anymore, thats why im asking this.

xerref

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What's the difference between NSMen (Active) and NSMen?
If I already ORD-ed, which group am I? Need to figure out the bare min to pass my IPPT :s13:
btw if I miss IPT-IPPT, is there any penalty?

also how late can we be for IPT?

Last edited:

kurt111494

Master Member
Reaction score
Those who went/going Bedok FCC for IPPT, can confirm if doing 5-station IPPT is still possible?

News say got 1 year transition phase and can choose to take old IPPT, but this seems to differ between different FCCs....

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.