SAF IPPT, IPT & RT Questions...

AceyourMaths

Banned
Reaction score
Go download myippt app. Its official from ns.SG.

Even got push up counter. Must use chin to touch to count for push up.

j_t_fusion

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
really? i saw something about them updating the scoring table after the pilot tests.

maybe i saw wrong.

the scoring table is the same.

they only changed the total points required for gold and silver by increasing them by 5 points.

crow_nest

Reaction score
For those who went for RT under the new system. The pamphlet said now RT and IPT sessions are down from 2hrs to 1h 15mins, is this really true? And does it really include more diverse exercise varieties throughout?

And I've heard a lot about why no one wants to book at the kranji FCC, but unfortunately its the one nearest to my house. Is it still just as bad with the new format?

fattyacid

Reaction score
Hi guys paisay got ipt question.

The new ipt is now still under 5 station format, or already changed to 3 station format? Because I cannot clear 5 station ppt la, but if got new 3 station ipt-ppt can try luck clear it lol

Calander

Reaction score
Hi guys paisay got ipt question.

The new ipt is now still under 5 station format, or already changed to 3 station format? Because I cannot clear 5 station ppt la, but if got new 3 station ipt-ppt can try luck clear it lol

Darkness_Eye

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys.. anyone know what the time-frame limit for IPPT Incentive for NSF?
I enlist last June. Will i be able to claim the $100 silver incentive if i silver next week?
It be will under work year 2014 or 2015? or depend on our birthday? I am quite confused with this.

xClementx

Master Member
Reaction score
for those who haven't take the new IPPT yet, here's an advice. you can't do shoulder wide push ups. if you train at home, position your hands 1cm away from your body. if the FS ask u to test water before the timer starts, say NO.

Last edited:

Calander

Reaction score
Hi guys.. anyone know what the time-frame limit for IPPT Incentive for NSF?
I enlist last June. Will i be able to claim the $100 silver incentive if i silver next week?
It be will under work year 2014 or 2015? or depend on our birthday? I am quite confused with this.

all IPPT-related are based on your birthday window.

only finances such as budgetary, claims, expenses etc are based on financial year. you do not have to be concerned about these issues.

kurt111494

Master Member
Reaction score
for those who haven't take the new IPPT yet, here's an advice. you can't do shoulder wide push ups. if you train at home, position your hands 1cm away from your body. if the FS ask u to test water before the timer starts, say NO.

Huh? I thought the standard pushup is to have your hands placed shoulder-width apart?

Darkness_Eye

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
all IPPT-related are based on your birthday window.

only finances such as budgetary, claims, expenses etc are based on financial year. you do not have to be concerned about these issues.

So my birthday is 12 july. I get silver at 11 july will get the incentive? Then maybe i take in 13 july again, mean next paycheck both will go in my bank ?

toaddd

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I need some help here.

Lets say I pass my ippt in my ns. And then I ORDed in October 2014. And my birthday is in July. So do I have to take and pass my ippt by July 2015 this year?

That was what I thought until I saw what is written in ns.sg,

"
You are in new policy window. Your current IPPT/IPT window is from 2 Sep 2014 to 22 Jul 2016.

You have NOT ATTEMPTED your IPPT for the period from 2 Sep 2014 to 22 Jul 2016.

Please ATTEMPT and PASS your IPPT by 22 Jul 2016, otherwise you will need to take RT in your next birthday window.

If you require assistance in training for your IPPT, you may opt to complete the IPT programme instead to meet your annual requirement."

So does this mean I can delay and wait until July 2016 to take my ippt?

Calander

Reaction score
yes.. 22 Jul 2016. it's reflected black n white

Hi guys,

I need some help here.

Lets say I pass my ippt in my ns. And then I ORDed in October 2014. And my birthday is in July. So do I have to take and pass my ippt by July 2015 this year?

"
You are in new policy window. Your current IPPT/IPT window is from 2 Sep 2014 to 22 Jul 2016.

Please ATTEMPT and PASS your IPPT by 22 Jul 2016, otherwise you will need to take RT in your next birthday window.

If you require assistance in training for your IPPT, you may opt to complete the IPT programme instead to meet your annual requirement."

j_t_fusion

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I need some help here.

"

yes, you got until 22 july 2016 to clear your IPPT.

for subsequent years, it will be 1 year per window from 23 july to 22 july.

kurt111494

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I need some help here.

"

Normally after ORD you'll have a much longer window :) So don't worry and just nua and relax first :)

Stealth_PL

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
a bit new to the new ippt system, gonna go for my first attempt at this new system next week just wanna clarify something

I am 25 going 26 this year
i tried timing myself on the three station and i achieved this
sit-up - 58
push-up - 30
2.4km - 14min.40sec

what will this get me based off the new system?

Last edited:

kurt111494

Master Member
Reaction score
a bit new to the new ippt system, gonna go for my first attempt at this new system next week just wanna clarify something

sit-up - 58
push-up - 30
2.4km - 14min.40sec

You can go google for the calculator or score sheets, they're available online.

And anyway, no one would be able to determine it coz you missed out the most important info - your age -_-''

pai000000

Reaction score
Careful of the situp counting machine. Many no counts.
I usually can do about 54, but got about 44 due to no counts.

sit-up - 58
push-up - 30
2.4km - 14min.40sec

Stealth_PL

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You can go google for the calculator or score sheets, they're available online.

And anyway, no one would be able to determine it coz you missed out the most important info - your age -_-''

lol added my age into the post, am 25 going 26 this year

Careful of the situp counting machine. Many no counts.
I usually can do about 54, but got about 44 due to no counts.

they are using the same machine right?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.