SAF IPPT, IPT & RT Questions...

Elspeth

Master Member
Reaction score
eh apparently thres no band 1 ppt now new system

only frm band 2 onwards. go have a look at the mindef ippt mobile app.

but i think can pass now i plan 1 pt 2.4. lolz. push up sit up i chiong. i think ard min. need 16-30pt to pass ppt if i rem correctly.

Elspeth

Master Member
Reaction score
2.4 run 15-16min. min. 1 pt. still must put in effort though. cannot walk all e way haha.

malvin-2010

Reaction score
Need more ipt-ippt participant in new ippt format to come out and tell us their score and their ipt banding.

Thanks.

j_t_fusion

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
need ppl tell you their ippt score and ppt banding for what? :s22:

the ppt banding classification i already quote so many times liao and already got ppl confirm it. i not gonna explain anymore.

ahbear82

Reaction score
Just want to enquire, anyone can post the complete score sheet for the new ippt? I try to find inside ns.gov and they still put the score sheet for the old IPPT (5 stations), they never chance.

I go to Mindef check, click on the link but it say forbidden access...

j_t_fusion

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just want to enquire, anyone can post the complete score sheet for the new ippt? I try to find inside ns.gov and they still put the score sheet for the old IPPT (5 stations), they never chance.

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/the-revised-ippt-format/1280574.html

scroll down to the bottom for the scoring table.

note that the number of points for gold and sliver has been updated since CNA published the article.

now you need min 51 points for pass without incentive, min 61 points for pass with incentive (i.e money), min 75 points for silver, 85 points for gold, 90 for cdo gold.

there is no changes to the scoring table.

kandinsky

Master Member
Reaction score

All the scoring tables are here: http://www.mindef.gov.sg/imindef/press_room/official_releases/nr/2015/feb/27feb15_nr.html

Click on Tables 2-7. No need to log in.

-------------

FYI, for those who were already in the IPT system, the 3-station IPT band is derived from your previous 5-station IPT band. It is not reset. I emailed ns.sg to check.

Example:
If last window 5-station IPT band: 3
Current window 5-station IPT band: 4 (final band)
Current window 3-station IPT band: 3 (final band)

They also said:

More information on the IPT (3-station) will be released to the public in the near future as the relevant departments are consolidating them currently.

Last edited:

Magnuz

Master Member
Reaction score
Thank you kandinsky. That is imo one of he most useful post here in this tread. I am in the same predicament.

Previously passed with IPT and now Band 2 (5-station) this year.

Asked the PTI at the centre about the IPT band for me this year and they said its a reset since a new system came. But I have my doubts and the email reply you received confirms it. There is no reset!

So I suppose its Band 2 for me this year with the new IPT 3 station.

I also called NS-Hotline and enquired about it and I was told as long as I complete my 10 session IPT within this birthday window, it will be considered a pass and I need not do any RT in the next window. That's a relief.

crow_nest

Reaction score
I also called NS-Hotline and enquired about it and I was told as long as I complete my 10 session IPT within this birthday window, it will be considered a pass and I need not do any RT in the next window. That's a relief.

Just complete the 10 session IPT? Or just compete the 10 session IPT with your target achieved? Even under new system, cant be just take 10 sessions anyhow clear then finish and no need for any RT next window right?

j_t_fusion

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
if you clear all 10 IPT sessions, next window no RT but instead your new IPPT window will open. you do not get to relax for one year just because you cleared all 10 IPT sessions.

2013: clear 10 IPT
2014: no RT, new IPPT window, need do IPT again

2013: did 8 IPT
2014: need do 12 RT (20 RT - 8 IPT)
2015: new IPPT window, need do IPT again

crow_nest

Reaction score
if you clear all 10 IPT sessions, next window no RT but instead your new IPPT window will open. you do not get to relax for one year just because you cleared all 10 IPT sessions.

2013: clear 10 IPT
2014: no RT, new IPPT window, need do IPT again

2013: did 8 IPT
2014: need do 12 RT (20 RT - 8 IPT)
2015: new IPPT window, need do IPT again

Oh so at least there's no need to struggle to finish RTs. Not too bad since you have 12 months to do 10 IPTs next window. Each month just go for 1 - 2 sessions can already. :s12:

AHS.Dirty

Reaction score
Hi Guys, I'm planning to take IPPT sometime in May.

My house nearest is Bedok Camp, but seems like got alot of complains about it. Is it that bad or should I change to another camp?

Or even go for the SAFRA ones

kurt111494

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys, I'm planning to take IPPT sometime in May.

My house nearest is Bedok Camp, but seems like got alot of complains about it. Is it that bad or should I change to another camp?

Or even go for the SAFRA ones

What type of complaints? I think probably just some machines a bit screwed up. Other than that not much

AHS.Dirty

Reaction score
What type of complaints? I think probably just some machines a bit screwed up. Other than that not much

Yeah, issues with the machines and the PTIs. Bedok Camp is run how many rounds about the track? I prefer those kind run 1 or 2 rounds for 2.4km.

Those 6 rounds kind is like a mental block for me

kurt111494

Master Member
Reaction score
Machines wise I guess it depends on your luck. And most old FCCs will have screwed up machines. I dunno about SAFRAs

kandinsky

Master Member
Reaction score
The answer is No. Your PPT, will be automatic upgrade every years. Even you do not hit the minimum requirement? Your PPT will still keep going up, until it reached the highest level. Only then? Back to 0 level again.

Not so sure also, maybe any of the sexpert can answers it?:s22:

Under the previous 5-station system, it never resets other than for special circumstances like a medical reasons. Quite possible there's no change to this.

Reassessment of PPT

NSmen who are medically excused from IPPT or IPT for one or more birthday windows will be allowed to take another CAT test to determine their PPT again. For other cases, NSmen will be expected to meet the required (higher) PPT level from the last PPT level.

http://www.ns.sg/cs/content/eServic...al Information/IPPT Preparatory Training.html

Just complete the 10 session IPT? Or just compete the 10 session IPT with your target achieved? Even under new system, cant be just take 10 sessions anyhow clear then finish and no need for any RT next window right?

Should be need to meet PPT target?

crow_nest

Reaction score
Yesterday I went for IPT-IPPT, and I just saw that my attendance has been acounted for in NS Portal, however it still says I have yet to attempt my IPPT for this window. Is this normal? Shouldnt IPT-IPPT still be considered an IPPT attempt? Thats what the PTI told me when I asked as well.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.