SAF IPPT, IPT & RT Questions...

Ice.Ice

Reaction score
What if I fail IPPt previously and required to go for RT.. Can I attempt the IPPT again before completing the RT?

LBiscuit

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I booked for RT(not my first time) on this Monday but was unable to attend on that day, I called the HTA RT office from 2pm all the way to 6pm, and someone in the office kept telling me the RT in charge officer is not around and to call back 30 mins later. I wanted to call them to tell them I was unable to come due to sudden engagement in business.

Now I check my ns.sg, and I was marked as away without reason for that day...

Is it really so strict until I have to give up my business and life for this thing..

So what now? Will I get charged AWOL for missing one session of RT?

And even if I explained to the RT trainers on my session tomorrow, what can they do? The attendance report had already been sent to the Admin side, and I have a feeling they're not the forgiving and close one eye types.

mickeycena

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, if if my 14th RT ( which is ippt) can i choose to take it as RT instead? and will it be still counted as part of the 19 RT session? Thanks!

Last edited:

veon6620

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I booked for RT(not my first time) on this Monday but was unable to attend on that day, I called the HTA RT office from 2pm all the way to 6pm, and someone in the office kept telling me the RT in charge officer is not around and to call back 30 mins later. I wanted to call them to tell them I was unable to come due to sudden engagement in business.

Now I check my ns.sg, and I was marked as away without reason for that day...

Is it really so strict until I have to give up my business and life for this thing..

So what now? Will I get charged AWOL for missing one session of RT?

And even if I explained to the RT trainers on my session tomorrow, what can they do? The attendance report had already been sent to the Admin side, and I have a feeling they're not the forgiving and close one eye types.

Miss one RT no big deal one. Can rebook RT session. Will not get charged.
Just make sure you finish your 20 RT sessions before your birthday. Or pass RT-IPPT on 8th or 14th or 20th session.

Last edited:

LBiscuit

Reaction score
Just make sure you finish your 20 RT sessions before your birthday. Or pass RT-IPPT on 8th or 14th or 20th session.

Oh thanks. Its just how its worded on the ns.sg. Away without Reason. Scares me.

Nicholas92

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Oh thanks. Its just how its worded on the ns.sg. Away without Reason. Scares me.

Try not to miss any more RT sessions. You can cancel up to 12 midnight the day before. If on the day itself something happens, call NS hotline (1800 367 6767) and tell the customer service officer what happened, ask him nicely to try cancel for you or at least make a record of your call. So you would have accounted for it instead of being away without reason.

If you miss a booked session 3 times, the system will block you from further booking. Then to get it unblocked is a bit more troublesome.

Anyway the idea is there are a limited number of vacancies, so if you book but never go, you are denying someone else of that slot.

mickeycena

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Hi, is book 19 or 20 session? My portal says book 19th session max :eek::s11:

TKR1992

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi, is book 19 or 20 session? My portal says book 19th session max :eek::s11:

19 for you :)

Trust ns.sg, that's correct.

You only need to do (20 - D) RT sessions now, where D is the number of IPPT/IPT you attempted in your IPPT window.

You must have attempted IPPT once in your window, which is why 20 - 1 = 19 RT sessions for you.

mickeycena

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
19 for you :)

Trust ns.sg, that's correct.

You only need to do (20 - D) RT sessions now, where D is the number of IPPT/IPT you attempted in your IPPT window.

You must have attempted IPPT once in your window, which is why 20 - 1 = 19 RT sessions for you.

Thank you bro! and for the 14th session, must die die attend ippt or can just book normal RT session?

TKR1992

Master Member
Reaction score
Thank you bro! and for the 14th session, must die die attend ippt or can just book normal RT session?

For both the 8th & 14th session, you book it as a normal RT session

The system will automatically change it to "RT-IPPT"

When you go to the camp, you have to do the IPPT. They will call for the people taking IPPT, RT-IPPT, IPT-IPPT to gather together and register. You won't be able to queue up with the RT people.

Why you prefer RT to IPPT anyway? Isn't IPPT much more slack?

freedom-strike

Reaction score
Hi.. Posting on behalf of a friend, who mentions that his current RT window is due by 21 December 2015. He added that he is able to only clear around 11 or 13 out of the 20 sessions.

He is enquiring if the latest RT system is able to request for an extension? Or will result in being charged instead?

We await your humble reply. Thanks!

yihao93

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
any1 managed to book ipt in jurong park? i search is give me blanks but other parks have
dont tell me all full? x-x

yihao93

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Eh what u all wear ah? Can wear basketball pants and tee shirt? Or must army pt attire? :o

Calander

Reaction score
Hi.. Posting on behalf of a friend, who mentions that his current RT window is due by 21 December 2015. He added that he is able to only clear around 11 or 13 out of the 20 sessions.

He is enquiring if the latest RT system is able to request for an extension? Or will result in being charged instead?

We await your humble reply. Thanks!

latest system would have indicated his window closing period which i believe is 21 Dec. It is your friend's responsibility to clear his window during his 12 months period. Take due note that RT window under the new system now has been extended which gives no reason for not able to clear.

Being charged should be an unavoidable situation.

for further inquiries, do contact NS hotline

BiG_FisH

Master Member
Reaction score
If you miss a booked session 3 times, the system will block you from further booking. Then to get it unblocked is a bit more troublesome.

This is not true, tested and proven.

If you miss any RT booking, just rebook. Rinse and repeat.

I believe the only criteria to not get charged is either:

a) complete all 19 sessions within your RT window

or

b) pass IPPT.

couscous

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi all

i got a pte doc mc stating that i shld be excused from ippt/rt for 6 mths.

how shld i submit my mc? just walk into any fcc and submit my mc?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.