SAF IPPT, IPT & RT Questions...

Calander

Reaction score
Hi, trying to confirm from bros here on new IPT system. Is it you will just need to do 10 IPT sessions to clear same year window? And if fail last session IPT IPPT, still liable for RT?

yes. if u did not have 10 IPT, next window shall be 20-D RTs. where D is the number of IPT attended in your current window

Dovedo

Reaction score
For safra 2.4km run, how is the threadmill run calculated?

Is the timing base on the remainder number of points that one would need to clock after the first 2 station to hit 51 points?

Is the incline set up differently for different age levels?

Last edited:

Calander

Reaction score
For safra 2.4km run, how is the threadmill run calculated?

Is the timing base on the remainder number of points that one would need to clock after the first 2 station to hit 51 points?

Is the incline set up differently for different age levels?

the incline setting is the same for all age group. timing shall depend on your speed setting which u can adjust. so perhaps some math skills will be involved.

how much points depends on how much u aimed to get for your 2.4km

Nicholas92

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi, trying to confirm from bros here on new IPT system. Is it you will just need to do 10 IPT sessions to clear same year window? And if fail last session IPT IPPT, still liable for RT?

If you do 10 IPT sessions, you have cleared your window. Doesn't matter pass or fail at the end. No need RT next year.

So you can just keep doing 10 IPT sessions every year until you reach 40 years old, and never have to pass or worry about RT.

Touchwood, if one year you forgot to finish 10 - say you end up only do 9. The following year you need to do 11 RT.

hachi

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The tip for passing IPPT is to aim for 15 mins for 2.4km run and work your way down for both static stations. After failed IPPT for more than a decade finally pass last year and this year with incentive. I just cannot run less than 14 mins.
Work hard you can do it.

sgAshton

Reaction score
For pre-enlistees, does the booking system only show vacancies for the current month and the following (Jan and Feb)? Cause I have the intention of booking one in March/April, but they're not showing up

Shu

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I've got some questions about NSman IPPT.

1. Will you get charged for defaulting on your first IPPT window? I'm a bit confused because the NS.sg site says that the RT window is now the next birthday window after you default so you have a full 12 months to clear it. I take that to mean that they give you chance, just that now you have to go through 20 compulsory RT sessions. But I'm unsure.

2. Has there been a change to IPPT requirements for people in the NS Holding List? When I ORDed more 10 years ago I was placed on this list. Was told that I did not need to do IPPT while on this list. Have never been bothered by SAF before. But I've recently begun to receive IPPT reminders. My PES status is C1. I checked NS.sg and I still don't have any unit.

Thanks!

Calander

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I've got some questions about NSman IPPT.

1. Will you get charged for defaulting on your first IPPT window? I'm a bit confused because the NS.sg site says that the RT window is now the next birthday window after you default so you have a full 12 months to clear it. I take that to mean that they give you chance, just that now you have to go through 20 compulsory RT sessions. But I'm unsure.

2. Has there been a change to IPPT requirements for people in the NS Holding List? When I ORDed more 10 years ago I was placed on this list. Was told that I did not need to do IPPT while on this list. Have never been bothered by SAF before. But I've recently begun to receive IPPT reminders. My PES status is C1. I checked NS.sg and I still don't have any unit.

Thanks!

1. u will be informed to report to your unit and will take RT in ur next window

2. Holding List will need will take IPPT. but since u are having notifications to do so, best is to contact the hotline to clarify.

Nicholas92

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Uppz for reply. Thanks!

ORD: March 2014
Birthday: Feb 2014

Your first IPPT window is Feb 2015.

The day after you ORD till the day before your next bday is what we call "Year 0", it is optional to take, and you can get the $ if you do, but you won't get charged or be liable to RT if you do not.

You are extremely lucky since you ORD right after your birthday.

Had you ORD in Jan 2014, your first IPPT window would have opened in Feb 2014.

LBiscuit

Reaction score
So... I booked all my RTs, and it seems that at most I can only finish 17 sessions out of 20...

What do -.-;;

Too busy with business in 2015, newly started of my own, but I have a feeling they won't care about my business or excuse >.>;

yihao93

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So... I booked all my RTs, and it seems that at most I can only finish 17 sessions out of 20...

What do -.-;;

Too busy with business in 2015, newly started of my own, but I have a feeling they won't care about my business or excuse >.>;

3 times per week also cmi? :s11:

yihao93

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
any1 go for ipt@jurong park?

whats the procedure like? do what one?

more impt: got place to put ur bags? :s11:

TIA.

LBiscuit

Reaction score
3 times per week also cmi? :s11:

the only available slots are Fridays throughout Feb and March on ns.sg :(

My RT place is at HTA, how to check and book at other places?

EDIT* Apparently the other place is at ITE, but the system don't have a choice for me to check the schedule for that place? I'm locked to HTA or something?

I hate navigating ns.sg -.-

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.