Samsung A52 5G/4G

Rxgn

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
no issues using QR code for payment at hawker center ... using GRAB pay
grab pay i have no prob. infact all qr code scanning i have no prob EXCEPT shopee pay

using shopee pay at different shops, keep scanning qr code but doesnt recognize.

gapboy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
grab pay i have no prob. infact all qr code scanning i have no prob EXCEPT shopee pay

using shopee pay at different shops, keep scanning qr code but doesnt recognize.
shopee pay issue then.. i dont use it tho

wwh5210

Master Member
Reaction score
Software update is available now. Android 12 with OneUI 4.0. Size is 2.2GB.

wwh5210

Master Member
Reaction score
Updated yesterday on my A52s. Mostly are UI enhancements and big fixes.

firesong

Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Just realised I can upgrade to 2y warranty for only $100 provided it's registered within the first 60 days. Did it for my dad and sis.

Makes it a fairly reasonable value proposition now - $550-ish or so for 8/128 with 2y warranty.

twosix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Samsung phone is pretty reliable if taken good care. No need to buy 2nd year warranty imo.

firesong

Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Samsung phone is pretty reliable if taken good care. No need to buy 2nd year warranty imo.
Having replaced the OLED screens multiple times, I'm not sure about that reliability.
- S9+ twice in three years
- S10 once after the 1st year before I sold it
- Note 9 twice, once within the year and once after the 1st year before I sold it
- S20+ once after the first year already, and my sister's S20+ just died (which is why the 2nd A52s for her instead of paying $369 for another display change) .

All of them were white/green screen issues.

twosix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Having replaced the OLED screens multiple times, I'm not sure about that reliability.
- Note 9 twice, once within the year and once after the 1st year before I sold it
- S20+ once after the first year already, and my sister's S20+ just died (which is why the 2nd A52s for her instead of paying $369 for another display change) .

User problem bah. My note 8 and wife's s9+ used for dunno donkey years already and still using fine.

If user problem better to spend more on warranty. But then again, if got problem still buy the same brand then cannot complain. Haha.

firesong

Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
User problem bah. My note 8 and wife's s9+ used for dunno donkey years already and still using fine.

If user problem better to spend more on warranty. But then again, if got problem still buy the same brand then cannot complain. Haha.
What to do. Don't want brands that phone home to China..

Singapore doesn't have many Android brands commonly available to the West, including Motorola and Nokia. Sad reality of our market here - it's flooded with limited brands.

kkfa2018

Reaction score

You kenna so many times? Then no choice gott buy extra warranty.

Touch wood as have bn using Samsung on and off since S3. No major issues at least hardware wise. Maybe coz I am a low intensity user.

lycanboy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any idea how to fix the WhatsApp photo taken using wide angle lens?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.