Samsung A52 5G/4G

wlng81

Master Member
Reaction score
I turned on all the notifications and still did not see anything in the history.
@bigbadber was right in pointing out the sound came from the Donki app.

firesong

Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Anyone got their 1 April update yet? Official OTA?
Not yet.

This is Samsung Singapore. They should be consistent and pay staff salaries with their update timing policies. Sometimes 1-3 months late, sometimes doesn't come cos they push the newer update instead. :s13:

kkfa2018

Reaction score
Not yet.

This is Samsung Singapore. They should be consistent and pay staff salaries with their update timing policies. Sometimes 1-3 months late, sometimes doesn't come cos they push the newer update instead. :s13:
Thanks. Recent 5 five months or so they havd been mostly 1 month late, so should be about time they release, 1 plus month late.

firesong

Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Thanks. Recent 5 five months or so they havd been mostly 1 month late, so should be about time they release, 1 plus month late.
Yep. It's weird, cos they can automate the process easily. Set up rsync on their servers - so it will automatically synchronise the firmware repositories within seconds of being uploaded to their destination servers. The moment the firmware hits their regional server, all those in the region would receive the update within a matter of minutes. Rather than to wait for some staff for each country to manually download it and all that nonsense.

That way, they only need to monitor regional servers. Or they can further simplify and make global rather than regional firmware, since it makes no sense if the settings are stored within the CSCs anyway. Accidentally moving to OXM 2 months back didn't brick my phone or cause any issues, though thankfully I managed to move back to OLM. There shouldn't be a need for all these subdivisions for the same hardware. Of course, if it's completely different hardware with different model numbers, then manage them at that level.

This way, Samsung seems to create more work for themselves and their distributors for nothing.

kkfa2018

Reaction score
Yep. It's weird, cos they can automate the process easily. Set up rsync on their servers - so it will automatically synchronise the firmware repositories within seconds of being uploaded to their destination servers. The moment the firmware hits their regional server, all those in the region would receive the update within a matter of minutes. Rather than to wait for some staff for each country to manually download it and all that nonsense.

That way, they only need to monitor regional servers. Or they can further simplify and make global rather than regional firmware, since it makes no sense if the settings are stored within the CSCs anyway. Accidentally moving to OXM 2 months back didn't brick my phone or cause any issues, though thankfully I managed to move back to OLM. There shouldn't be a need for all these subdivisions for the same hardware. Of course, if it's completely different hardware with different model numbers, then manage them at that level.

This way, Samsung seems to create more work for themselves and their distributors for nothing.
Job creation. Those who are getting paid to do this won't complain.

GhostZM

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone encountered any issue after updating to Android 12 on your A52s?

CheerS!!!;)

Veloso

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Cases & tempered glass protector meant for A52 can use on A52S 5G?

Last edited:

gkhchay

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Folks - I’m a total newbie to Android coming from iPhone because Apple is getting ridiculously expensive & totally zero innovation.

Deciding to by the Samsung Galaxy A73 because of the 6.7 inch large screen & fast performance for a mid tier reasonably priced phone.

Please bear with me if I seem to ask silly questions because I’m still using a 5+ years old iPhone 8 plus.

After playing around with the Xiaomi 11 pro & other similar sized Android phones I find the Galaxy A73 the most responsive & fastest. In fact almost as fast the S22 which I also like but the price is too high for an uncle like me.

Questions which I have re the A73:

- Official Samsung price is $698 for 8/128 ram/storage: on Shopee I see it selling at $620 with Samsung 1 year warranty. Is it safe to buy from such online shops that sell so much cheaper?

- Will the fingerprint sensor work as well if I use a tempered glass screen protector?

Apologies if these are silly questions but this lao uncle has zero experience with Android phones.

Would appreciate your advice. Thanks so much.

kkfa2018

Reaction score
Folks - I’m a total newbie to Android coming from iPhone because Apple is getting ridiculously expensive & totally zero innovation.

Deciding to by the Samsung Galaxy A73 because of the 6.7 inch large screen & fast performance for a mid tier reasonably priced phone.

Please bear with me if I seem to ask silly questions because I’m still using a 5+ years old iPhone 8 plus.

After playing around with the Xiaomi 11 pro & other similar sized Android phones I find the Galaxy A73 the most responsive & fastest. In fact almost as fast the S22 which I also like but the price is too high for an uncle like me.

Questions which I have re the A73:

- Official Samsung price is $698 for 8/128 ram/storage: on Shopee I see it selling at $620 with Samsung 1 year warranty. Is it safe to buy from such online shops that sell so much cheaper?

- Will the fingerprint sensor work as well if I use a tempered glass screen protector?

Apologies if these are silly questions but this lao uncle has zero experience with Android phones.

Would appreciate your advice. Thanks so much.
I think most of us buy from online shops. So its safe to say that there should be no issues. Just check on the stores reputation, make sure you get warranty if thats important to you. You can even check here for references. I am sure many here will be all too willing to help.

As for finger print and tempered glass, I have had no issues. Many would recommend that the finger prints be re- registered after pasting the tempered glass to be sure. Other than that, no issues at all.

Have fun.

gkhchay

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think most of us buy from online shops. So its safe to say that there should be no issues. Just check on the stores reputation, make sure you get warranty if thats important to you. You can even check here for references. I am sure many here will be all too willing to help.

As for finger print and tempered glass, I have had no issues. Many would recommend that the finger prints be re- registered after pasting the tempered glass to be sure. Other than that, no issues at all.

Have fun.
Thank you so much for the very fast reply. Really appreciate it. :)(y)

firesong

Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Thank you so much for the very fast reply. Really appreciate it. :)(y)
Can understand your skepticism. One good (and bad for some) thing about Android phones is that the price will drop over time, and there is no strict price controls unlike Apple. Apple very strictly controls its pricing for retailers - with shops losing the right for official retail if they're found to resell their goods at a lower price without reason.

You will have a bit of a learning curve with the switch - my folks did. As I juggle between an iPhone 11 for personal use and an A52s for work, I can confidently say both platforms have their strengths, but pricing of iOS devices is rather premium which makes them less accessible. However, if you're the kind of user who keeps phones for 4-5y before changing, I'd say the price per year is comparable - I feel that Android phones don't keep as well as the iPhone does, so it depends on what users want. For many users who like to change phones every 2y, the lower price of the Android phones makes that more feasible.

Welcome onboard

gkhchay

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can understand your skepticism. One good (and bad for some) thing about Android phones is that the price will drop over time, and there is no strict price controls unlike Apple. Apple very strictly controls its pricing for retailers - with shops losing the right for official retail if they're found to resell their goods at a lower price without reason.

You will have a bit of a learning curve with the switch - my folks did. As I juggle between an iPhone 11 for personal use and an A52s for work, I can confidently say both platforms have their strengths, but pricing of iOS devices is rather premium which makes them less accessible. However, if you're the kind of user who keeps phones for 4-5y before changing, I'd say the price per year is comparable - I feel that Android phones don't keep as well as the iPhone does, so it depends on what users want. For many users who like to change phones every 2y, the lower price of the Android phones makes that more feasible.

Welcome onboard
Thanks yes, both iOS & Android have their strengths & weaknesses.

Since my son is an Android fan, I played with his old Xiaomi Poco for a couple of days & found it pretty ok; then I went around to Challenger, Harvey Norman, Best Denki etc to play with the on display phones before deciding on the A73. As an uncle with aging eyes I need the 6.7 inch screen & the A73 was about the best one in terms of performance for the price range which I think is much more reasonable than iPhone's pricing for the 13 Pro Max: it's more than double. And I also prefer the fingerprint sensor to the face sensor. I'd rather get the Samsung s22 Ultra for 1.7k - I compared the screen colors & speed of both the iPhone 13 Pro Max & the Samsung s22 Ultra & the latter wins hands down, that much I can personally say.

Now to scout for the best price for the A73 on Shopee & Lazada, and then buy.

twosix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I am using both android and iPhone. Each has their pros and cons. Dun be too opinionated that either one is no good.

cosycatus

Reaction score
Thanks yes, both iOS & Android have their strengths & weaknesses.

Since my son is an Android fan, I played with his old Xiaomi Poco for a couple of days & found it pretty ok; then I went around to Challenger, Harvey Norman, Best Denki etc to play with the on display phones before deciding on the A73. As an uncle with aging eyes I need the 6.7 inch screen & the A73 was about the best one in terms of performance for the price range which I think is much more reasonable than iPhone's pricing for the 13 Pro Max: it's more than double. And I also prefer the fingerprint sensor to the face sensor. I'd rather get the Samsung s22 Ultra for 1.7k - I compared the screen colors & speed of both the iPhone 13 Pro Max & the Samsung s22 Ultra & the latter wins hands down, that much I can personally say.

Now to scout for the best price for the A73 on Shopee & Lazada, and then buy.
u can actually get a very well maintained iPhone 11 max pro at about 600 plus to 800 tbh.
most pple treat their iphone like gold and very careful so second hand usually v good condition.
that phone can prolly use another 3 to 5 years.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.