Samsung A52 5G/4G

bigbadber

Banned
Reaction score
Hi all, I've gotten my a52s 128gb 2 months ago, been using it as my 2nd phone. I noticed when I'm using my home wifi to download torrent movies, the download speed is not as fast as my note 10+. Tried resetting network on phone but still the same.

Anyone encountered the same problem? Or is it my phone having problems?

yup, th 5ghz speed is about 300 mbps on the A52s while on my S9+ brand new, it was 600 mbps

didnt know the reason until some of them mentioned it here

XiaoFu99

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi all, I've gotten my a52s 128gb 2 months ago, been using it as my 2nd phone. I noticed when I'm using my home wifi to download torrent movies, the download speed is not as fast as my note 10+. Tried resetting network on phone but still the same.

Anyone encountered the same problem? Or is it my phone having problems?

I'm getting a connection speed of 600Mbps via WiFi6 with my Asus RT-AX58 wireless router (line of sight like 2~3m away). I also do have s22+ where I can get a connection speed at the same spot @ 1.1Gbps.

Regardless how fast is my connection, still, I'm only subscribe to 500Mbps plan with M1.

firesong

Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
I'm getting a connection speed of 600Mbps via WiFi6 with my Asus RT-AX58 wireless router (line of sight like 2~3m away). I also do have s22+ where I can get a connection speed at the same spot @ 1.1Gbps.

Regardless how fast is my connection, still, I'm only subscribe to 500Mbps plan with M1.
That's about right. It's half because there are half the number of transmit/receive antennas. In any case, nearly all consumer electronic devices are 2T2R (or 2x2). Almost none are 3x3 now, unlike about 10y ago where the MacBook Pros were 3T3R. The only devices that are 3x3/4x4 now are routers, so it almost makes no sense to invest in 4z4 routers if your devices are only 2x2 - unless you are doing wireless mesh networking with a dedicated backhaul.

A good explanation that barely scratches the surface of the technical aspects. Refer to the PHY tables for 802.11ax in your case - the earlier numbers were for 802.11ac.
https://www.duckware.com/tech/wifi-in-the-us.html
Fun wireless facts.

GhostZM

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'm holding back to update the A52s to One UI 4.0 because of the negative reviews I have read on it (lag and battery drain issue etc).

Just curious, has the One UI 4.1 arrived yet to those on 4.0? If yes, any improvement in performance?

CheerS!!!;)

firesong

Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score

XiaoFu99

Master Member
Reaction score
My A52s still suffer from this WiFi issue, no idea what cause it to be like that despite running latest May 2022 update. The only way is to reboot the phone and the issue will resolve by itself then come back few days later.

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5...-quot-connected-no-internet-quot/td-p/5081354

My Samsung s22+ also got into this "Connected but no internet" problem. This problem seems to be due to roaming within a Mesh system. I'm currently using Asus RT-AX58U (main router) and RT-AX55 (satellite) in AiMesh mode. Using only a single SSID (smart connect) for both 2.4 and 5Ghz.

Whenever I roam from living room (AX58U) to my study room (AX55) or vice versa, likely (6 out of 10) this problem will surface. Of course, by turning ON and OFF the WiFi on the phone, it solve the problem but poor user experience. Not too sure whether is it due to different hardware which I did not have the chance to test AiMesh setup with a similar HW (58u /58u or 55/55).

Recently I have adjusted the "roaming assistance" setting @ router from -70dB to -60dB and seems to have solve the problem (hopefully).

Fellowes

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My Samsung s22+ also got into this "Connected but no internet" problem. This problem seems to be due to roaming within a Mesh system. I'm currently using Asus RT-AX58U (main router) and RT-AX55 (satellite) in AiMesh mode. Using only a single SSID (smart connect) for both 2.4 and 5Ghz.

Whenever I roam from living room (AX58U) to my study room (AX55) or vice versa, likely (6 out of 10) this problem will surface. Of course, by turning ON and OFF the WiFi on the phone, it solve the problem but poor user experience. Not too sure whether is it due to different hardware which I did not have the chance to test AiMesh setup with a similar HW (58u /58u or 55/55).

Recently I have adjusted the "roaming assistance" setting @ router from -70dB to -60dB and seems to have solve the problem (hopefully).
Same, mine is a mesh setup using Linksys MX5300 and I am close to the mesh router from my room. It's only this A52s got this issue while all my other apple devices no such issue. Not sure what wrong with mesh setup wifi connection with Galaxy phones.

XiaoFu99

Master Member
Reaction score
Same, mine is a mesh setup using Linksys MX5300 and I am close to the mesh router from my room. It's only this A52s got this issue while all my other apple devices no such issue. Not sure what wrong with mesh setup wifi connection with Galaxy phones.

yes my iPhone 11 and xiaomi note 7 Pro also no issue. maybe you want try adjusting the mesh stickness setting and monitor for any improvement.

Read HWZ Forum Rules!

Fellowes

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
yes my iPhone 11 and xiaomi note 7 Pro also no issue. maybe you want try adjusting the mesh stickness setting and monitor for any improvement.

Read HWZ Forum Rules!
sadly MX5300 LINKSYS Mesh not much setting to play with as compare to ASUS mesh router.
Definitely is Samsung itself their firmware got some issue, cannot be all other brand no issue, only their phone got. Maybe not much mesh setup in Korea thus issue not reported, it just annoying that we will need to restart the phone to resolve the issue, for mine it happen once every 3-4 days.

firesong

Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
sadly MX5300 LINKSYS Mesh not much setting to play with as compare to ASUS mesh router.
Definitely is Samsung itself their firmware got some issue, cannot be all other brand no issue, only their phone got. Maybe not much mesh setup in Korea thus issue not reported, it just annoying that we will need to restart the phone to resolve the issue, for mine it happen once every 3-4 days.
You could try lowering the power of the wireless nodes a bit so it forces a handover more efficiently. But you'll have to test over a few days to see how it might affect other devices.

In general, it's a bad idea to run wireless network hardware on high transmit, as it sometimes means that devices can "see" the network, but may not be able to return transmission back to the nodes.

Cobra!

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Try turning off settings->connections->wifi->3 button->advance->"intelligent wifi"->"switch to mobile data"

lycanboy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Everytime when I set appointment in the calendar, somehow or rather it will "change to GMT +0" even when my phone is set to GMT +8.

Anyone know or face this issue?

firesong

Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Everytime when I set appointment in the calendar, somehow or rather it will "change to GMT +0" even when my phone is set to GMT +8.

Anyone know or face this issue?
Open calendar.google.com on your computer browser.

Click the settings icon at the top right.

Check if your Time Zone is set to "+0800 Singapore Standard Time"
chrome_VOuli9542B.png

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.