Samsung Galaxy A42 5G: Most Affordable 5G

Tenpai

Master Member
Reaction score
Any other drawbacks other than ghost touch? Thinking of getting this phone since it is SD and FE is too ex for me

chooyoshi

Reaction score
Any other drawbacks other than ghost touch? Thinking of getting this phone since it is SD and FE is too ex for me

The screen. 720P & pentile amoled is a disaster. But if your eyesight is not so good then maybe it will not bother you. Take a look at the screen first.

rover75

Reaction score
Anyone knows how to enter recovery mode on this phone? The usual known keys do not work
Connect USB cable to your notebook or PC USB port to your phone. Power down. Press Vol Up, Bixby button and than your power on/off switch. Release power on/off when when Samsung logo appear. Google this topic and u should be able to get the answer. All ONE UI 3.0 need to use this method.

kkfa2018

Reaction score
Hi, does anyone have issue with fingerprint registering false log in while in pocket?

I have all the usual suspects turned on or off like the in pocket proximity sensor, the double tap to turn on and the increase touch sensitivity. It still happens.. though these couple days seemly less.

I checked with Samsung and they asked me to bring in the phone for a physical check but I am reluctant as it took me a while to set up the phone to my liking.

I am informed that the next upgrade in firmware and one iu will be in May.

So would you guys

1. Know of any other solution to the problem (turning the phone outwards while in pocket is not an option as I am afraid of cracking the screen)

2. Bring the phone into Samsung service center or

3. Wait for the update and see if the issue is fixed?

Thanks in advance for your advice.

twosix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi, does anyone have issue with fingerprint registering false log in while in pocket?

I have all the usual suspects turned on or off like the in pocket proximity sensor, the double tap to turn on and the increase touch sensitivity. It still happens.. though these couple days seemly less.

I checked with Samsung and they asked me to bring in the phone for a physical check but I am reluctant as it took me a while to set up the phone to my liking.

I am informed that the next upgrade in firmware and one iu will be in May.

So would you guys

1. Know of any other solution to the problem (turning the phone outwards while in pocket is not an option as I am afraid of cracking the screen)

2. Bring the phone into Samsung service center or

3. Wait for the update and see if the issue is fixed?

Thanks in advance for your advice.

the fingerprint sensor is the culprit. it is always on and thus detect touches when in the pocket. only way is to turn the fingerprint sensor off for now until there is a fw fix, or i suspect using a flip case will prevent accidental pressing the fingerprint sensor. i have the same problem on the A52 5G too.

kkfa2018

Reaction score
the fingerprint sensor is the culprit. it is always on and thus detect touches when in the pocket. only way is to turn the fingerprint sensor off for now until there is a fw fix, or i suspect using a flip case will prevent accidental pressing the fingerprint sensor. i have the same problem on the A52 5G too.
Thanks. If you have same issue with A52 then I am not confident that a fix will be included in the A42 upgrade as A52 already on one UI 3.0 and Android 11 of not wrong. I would not want to turn off my fingerprint sensor though.

kkfa2018

Reaction score
I received the new update to Android 11 and one IU 3.1 yesterday. So far so good.

As expected. It does not solve the fingerprint activation in pocket issue.

Seems ok so far. Dunno whether I should do the customary factory reset.

lousydrinker

Master Member
Reaction score
I received the new update to Android 11 and one IU 3.1 yesterday. So far so good.

As expected. It does not solve the fingerprint activation in pocket issue.

Seems ok so far. Dunno whether I should do the customary factory reset.
That's fast. Thought I read somewhere update only coming in May

lousydrinker

Master Member
Reaction score
Bought this phone for work purpose. Cheapest phone of all as I did not want xiaomi or oppo

I didn't use it on daily basis cos is for my colleagues but tried for a while cos I was setting up the phone, a little laggy and I dun like the haptic feedback

twosix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
There is a way to turn off accidental fingerprint detection while in the pocket. go into settings where u add the fingerprints, there is an option to turn off fingerprint sensor when the screen is off. with this, no more accidental touches. to use the fingerprint to unlock, double tap the screen or press the on/off button then use fingerprint sensor. hope this helps.

twosix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Bought this phone for work purpose. Cheapest phone of all as I did not want xiaomi or oppo

I didn't use it on daily basis cos is for my colleagues but tried for a while cos I was setting up the phone, a little laggy and I dun like the haptic feedback
yah a little lag, hopefully it will be improved with new fw. i've already spotted a few bugs here and there. the haptics is not the best, luckily haptic is not on my need lists, so i'm cool...

lousydrinker

Master Member
Reaction score
yah a little lag, hopefully it will be improved with new fw. i've already spotted a few bugs here and there. the haptics is not the best, luckily haptic is not on my need lists, so i'm cool...
Is not important but since I turned on haptic, it is just not the best feeling on my fingers

kkfa2018

Reaction score
There is a way to turn off accidental fingerprint detection while in the pocket. go into settings where u add the fingerprints, there is an option to turn off fingerprint sensor when the screen is off. with this, no more accidental touches. to use the fingerprint to unlock, double tap the screen or press the on/off button then use fingerprint sensor. hope this helps.
I already did that but still happens. Maybe will try again since now the FW updated. Thanks

kkfa2018

Reaction score
do u use AOD? I don't, so no chance the phone will turn on inside my pocket.
I do not use AOD. But so far the off finger print sensor seem to be working so far. Thanks. The FW update must have fixed something.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.