Samsung Galaxy S20 Fan Edition, better than Note 20?

rabbit1

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Samsung-Galaxy-S20-FE_7-810x298_c.jpg

SM-G780F
The Galaxy S20 Fan Edition is expected to feature a 6.5-inch or 6.7-inch Super AMOLED Infinity-O display with Full HD+ resolution, a 120Hz refresh rate, and an in-display fingerprint reader. It will be equipped with the Snapdragon 865 processor, 6GB RAM, 128GB internal storage, and a microSD card slot. It is also IP68-certified for dust and water resistance.

Sounds like a better deal than Note 20?

Last edited:

mikengtw

Reaction score
SM-G780F
The Galaxy S20 Fan Edition is expected to feature a 6.5-inch or 6.7-inch Super AMOLED Infinity-O display with Full HD+ resolution, a 120Hz refresh rate, and an in-display fingerprint reader. It will be equipped with the Snapdragon 865 processor, 6GB RAM, 128GB internal storage, and a microSD card slot. It is also IP68-certified for dust and water resistance.

I don't mind getting it as long is Snapdragon rather than Samsung own SOC like suck blood.

final1

Master Member
Reaction score
Gimped specs will be the lower res screen, less ram and no Samsung dex (which is really good now)

trenzterra

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No Dex but does it support hdmi output to TV still? If so might be a good sidegrade from note 10

final1

Master Member
Reaction score
Most users don't use Dex.

Nope. Do you have data to show Dex is a popular feature?

You said most users don't use dex. So, i asked if you have statistics to show you are stating a fact or are you just stating your opinion which has no basis. It is now proven that yours is the latter.

For myself, I did not say most users use Dex and i did not say it is popular. I only said the S20 fan edition won't have it and that its good. You can verify and read my post again if you need to. Appreciate if you do not put words in my mouth.

rabbit1

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You said most users don't use dex. So, i asked if you have statistics to show you are stating a fact or are you just stating your opinion which has no basis. It is now proven that yours is the latter.

For myself, I did not say most users use Dex and i did not say it is popular. I only said the S20 fan edition won't have it and that its good. You can verify and read my post again if you need to. Appreciate if you do not put words in my mouth.

i did not put words in your mouth. :s22::s22::s22:
i am just asking if you have the data, as simple as that. Anything more is honestly your imagination.

cstanhwz

Master Member
Reaction score
S20 Fan edition is supposed to be S20 Lite. Just like S10 Lite.

So advantage is cheaper price compared to Note20/S20.

Other than that, almost everything else (except CPU and maybe if it has a flat screen for some/many people) will be inferior.

Potatingus

Reaction score
SM-G780F

Sounds way too good on paper. Seems like a no brainer to the extent that they might kill their sales of S and Notes series. Doubtful this will happen, with the specs you mention.

rabbit1

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sounds way too good on paper. Seems like a no brainer to the extent that they might kill their sales of S and Notes series. Doubtful this will happen, with the specs you mention.

The display resolution is downgraded and the thickness has also increased.

Potatingus

Reaction score

I think the trade off they offer is way too little from a company standpoint. Unless they scrimp and save in some other way I don't know of, usually I don't think they will price it so swee. The S20 Ultra also force downgrade their resolution when you opt for 120hz anyways.

haohaoz

Reaction score

does it matter? S20 FLAGSHIP also force user to downgrade on 120 hz? isnt it??

the thickness is not fold size right? does it matter?

benqdell

Reaction score
6gb ram in current era? gotta be kidding me.

even s10 lite comes with 8gb ram.

OnePunch!!

Reaction score
Will wait for it to uogrede mine s10 lite which I love it Epic SOt over any gimped s20 Exynos

wwh5210

Master Member
Reaction score
6gb ram in current era? gotta be kidding me.

even s10 lite comes with 8gb ram.
They have cutted corners on the Note20 (due to poor sales) and I am sure they will do it again on the S20FE.

My gusses are:
- Smaller RAM (6GB)
- No IP rating
- Plastic back
- Low refresh rate (60Hz)
- 1080P screen
- No wireless charging
and so on...

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.