Samsung Galaxy S20: News and Discussions

Vulpix

Reaction score
Dont even need to settle i alrdy felt the difference in idle batt drain, signal strength and also heat produced

N10+ exynos i debloat almost everything also cant hit this sot

Cannot be leh, Samsung SG marketing say Exynos the best! With specially optimised modem for Sg market. :s13:

I thought it was already proven in Note 10 days the SD one has superior battery life over the Exynos. :s13: What crap optimized for SG market, OPPO new phone is Snapdragon leh and can do full HD and 120hz...

kashix

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I thought it was already proven in Note 10 days the SD one has superior battery life over the Exynos. :s13: What crap optimized for SG market, OPPO new phone is Snapdragon leh and can do full HD and 120hz...

That’s the irony, we’ve been emphasising so long the huge diff between Exynos and snapdragon but some ppl not happy say we complaining, nitpicking. :s22: They do special modem tuning for impeccable signal only for sg market. Samsung marketing say Exynos the best lol :s13:

Vulpix

Reaction score
That’s the irony, we’ve been emphasising so long the huge diff between Exynos and snapdragon but some ppl not happy say we complaining, nitpicking. :s22: They do special modem tuning for impeccable signal only for sg market. Samsung marketing say Exynos the best lol :s13:
It feels like to me they just offloading whatever leftover Samsung chips they have, or the profit margin higher with this chip so they just chop us. :s22:

lxb_70

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wonder the s20 series will come with a pre install screen protector like the s10?

Sent from Samsung SM-G955F using GAGT

KeYoKe

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It feels like to me they just offloading whatever leftover Samsung chips they have, or the profit margin higher with this chip so they just chop us.
:s22:

Precisely...

Still market exynos till damn good

Get double sot, better signal strength. So dont tell me exynos is good

Now heard exynos chip can only do full hd + 120hz only while sd865 can do qhd and 120hz

kashix

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

kuma-mon

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Precisely...

Still market exynos till damn good

Get double sot, better signal strength. So dont tell me exynos is good

Now heard exynos chip can only do full hd + 120hz only while sd865 can do qhd and 120hz

Only time will tell if this is true.
I believe there right now there might be some xda developers who are trying to unlock qhd + 120hz. If they find exynos can only do 120hz in fhd, then jialat lawsuit will happen.

soyalove

Reaction score
Can replace default film at samsung service center. Someone replaced the note10+ film for 7 dollars

Is there a default film? I looked through the box and didn’t see any. Unless it’s already applied on the screen? Hardly noticed it...

KeYoKe

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Only time will tell if this is true.
I believe there right now there might be some xda developers who are trying to unlock qhd + 120hz. If they find exynos can only do 120hz in fhd, then jialat lawsuit will happen.

Yea. If really that's the case then all exynos user will make noise

gapboy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can replace default film at samsung service center. Someone replaced the note10+ film for 7 dollars

$7 is quite OK... I bought a uv sp from aliexpress for s10+ and works fine esp the front sp

DigDub

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
s20 vs note 10 camera night mode. s20 retains more details in the tree leaves while note 10 has smudged some of them away.

s20.
RF2jBGp.jpg

note 10.
ehDC9TH.jpg

royfrosty

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It comes to the point i have ditched Samsung and went over to fruit phone instead.

I mean the price point for the s20/+/U is so staggering high for an Android phone. Like what JerryRigEverything was mentioning. The s20U is like a Frankenstein of all the tech that can be found in other cheaper Android phones out there. What is the point paying top dollars for Samsung then? Given that in our local shores, no fks are given to enthusiast like us, 128Gb only, heavily saying Micro SD is the way to go, its so high priced, no Snapdragon, battery life so sub par.

It has been many years supporting them since Note 2 era. Till our local Samsung do a better job next time, then i will consider.

I owned the Z Flip. The Snapdragon inside really do wonders. It has only 3300mAh and it is doing so well providing me with at least 6hrs of SoT and with adaptive battery turned on, i hit 7.5hrs. Just that babying the screen is not something an Engineer would really want. Although i love it as a tech enthusiast. But to own it for daily driver phone with hands dirty everyday, it is probably a bad idea to keep it.

It just dont make sense anymore to even support Samsung anymore.

Yeah i no longer able to customise heavily on fruit phone, i have to follow how fruit phones work. Its hard to switch to iOS, but after going back, i realised the sheer performance of it. Long battery life, an SoC that is miles ahead faster, way great ram management etc. Sometimes is not about buying just an expensive phone anymore, sometimes is about buying a phone and at the end of the day, it performs to your expectation, then its fine.

rey_85

Master Member
Reaction score
s20 vs note 10 camera night mode. s20 retains more details in the tree leaves while note 10 has smudged some of them away.

s20.
RF2jBGp.jpg

note 10.
ehDC9TH.jpg

Able to do a low light night shot in a dark room to compare?

masashi

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It comes to the point i have ditched Samsung and went over to fruit phone instead.

I mean the price point for the s20/+/U is so staggering high for an Android phone. Like what JerryRigEverything was mentioning. The s20U is like a Frankenstein of all the tech that can be found in other cheaper Android phones out there. What is the point paying top dollars for Samsung then? Given that in our local shores, no fks are given to enthusiast like us, 128Gb only, heavily saying Micro SD is the way to go, its so high priced, no Snapdragon, battery life so sub par.

It has been many years supporting them since Note 2 era. Till our local Samsung do a better job next time, then i will consider.

I owned the Z Flip. The Snapdragon inside really do wonders. It has only 3300mAh and it is doing so well providing me with at least 6hrs of SoT and with adaptive battery turned on, i hit 7.5hrs. Just that babying the screen is not something an Engineer would really want. Although i love it as a tech enthusiast. But to own it for daily driver phone with hands dirty everyday, it is probably a bad idea to keep it.

It just dont make sense anymore to even support Samsung anymore.

Yeah i no longer able to customise heavily on fruit phone, i have to follow how fruit phones work. Its hard to switch to iOS, but after going back, i realised the sheer performance of it. Long battery life, an SoC that is miles ahead faster, way great ram management etc. Sometimes is not about buying just an expensive phone anymore, sometimes is about buying a phone and at the end of the day, it performs to your expectation, then its fine.
Same sentiment as you. Was hoping S20 would be a good replacement but at that price, even I thought about jumping on to Apple, albeit second hand since their phone prices rarely drop a lot :s34:

Sent from Pocoyo Land using GAGT

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.