Samsung Galaxy S20: News and Discussions

rharish_21

Reaction score
Hi Guys, can anyone with the HK Snapdragon version of S20+ / S20 confirm whether the VoLTE works with Starhub? thanks

badstudent

Reaction score
My s20 exynos really cmi, can barely survive thru a day with moderate usage. Gonna dump it soon.

lousydrinker

Master Member
Reaction score
My s20 exynos really cmi, can barely survive thru a day with moderate usage. Gonna dump it soon.
Really pretty bad but I cannot think of any phone to replace her. But I slowly get used to the weak battery until I dun really feel is weak now. Just need time to adjust myself after using oneplus 8T. Still holding on to my oneplus instead i regret using S20+ but I really like my red S20+

rainbow99

Master Member
Reaction score
No, it doesn't. Had to switch telco because of it.
do you know if the chaging from the HK variant to the TW variant of G9860 will work well with starhub? Very troublesome not to have volte and 5G on the HK variant. And recently the starhub mobile connection keeps dropping sigh.

rharish_21

Reaction score
do you know if the chaging from the HK variant to the TW variant of G9860 will work well with starhub? Very troublesome not to have volte and 5G on the HK variant. And recently the starhub mobile connection keeps dropping sigh.
i initially had s20+ TW variant white color and now having a s20+ HK variant.. I dont felt any difference in the signal strength or network coverage. Unfortunately both dont have 5G and VoLTE. I Would suggest you stick to HK variant as TW variant has caller Id issues

rainbow99

Master Member
Reaction score
i initially had s20+ TW variant white color and now having a s20+ HK variant.. I dont felt any difference in the signal strength or network coverage. Unfortunately both dont have 5G and VoLTE. I Would suggest you stick to HK variant as TW variant has caller Id issues
Ok thanks bro

rainbow99

Master Member
Reaction score
Btw, any other bros using G9860 having their mobile starhub connection dropping randomly? Even circle life works fine but starhub drops like randomly and frequently even at home. I only noticed during the past 2 weeks, not sure if it's due to the latest firmware.

rharish_21

Reaction score
I am using starhub and stay near Woodlands side. I am on latest Updates (March). Don't see any drop in connection

plsdunbiteme

Reaction score
Really pretty bad but I cannot think of any phone to replace her. But I slowly get used to the weak battery until I dun really feel is weak now. Just need time to adjust myself after using oneplus 8T. Still holding on to my oneplus instead i regret using S20+ but I really like my red S20+
I just dumped my S20+ and upgraded to S21+. So glad I dumped that phone with a junk processor, it is one of the worst phones I've ever used alongside the HTC 10 and LG G6 which are terrible in their own ways.

Anyway the S21+ is a worthy upgrade with much better battery life, smoother performance and much cooler. Really the quality of the processor makes a big difference.

lousydrinker

Master Member
Reaction score
I just dumped my S20+ and upgraded to S21+. So glad I dumped that phone with a junk processor, it is one of the worst phones I've ever used alongside the HTC 10 and LG G6 which are terrible in their own ways.

Anyway the S21+ is a worthy upgrade with much better battery life, smoother performance and much cooler. Really the quality of the processor makes a big difference.
But I dun like the looks of S21. I bought S20+ mainly due to the red color. Probably stick to my S20+ until I see how S21FE looks like

vaguejizz

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
after updating my phone, notification from whatsapp and other chat apps are delayed. Have added them to "never sleep" under battery settings but it is still delayed. Anyone having the same issue?

lousydrinker

Master Member
Reaction score
after updating my phone, notification from whatsapp and other chat apps are delayed. Have added them to "never sleep" under battery settings but it is still delayed. Anyone having the same issue?
how bad is the delay? I know there is some delays but to me is like less than 10 secs

The thing is my whatsapp is always going off due to work, so maybe my whatsapp will never be put to sleep

lousydrinker

Master Member
Reaction score
Other than UAG and casetify, what casing offers good protection. I like casetify but i cannot decide on a design n they dun have plain casing for samsung. UAG is too bulky

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.