Samsung Galaxy S20: News and Discussions

Lance321

Master Member
Reaction score
Front looks good, back looks ugly as F, and here I was making fun of iphone 11 pro and pixel 4 backs. This one is more ridiculous and tacky. I hope the camera performance is a big upgrade that will erase my thoughts on the back design.:s13:

tkl23786

Master Member
Reaction score
Galaxy S11+ renders reveal a massive rear camera bump with 5 lenses
https://www.hardwarezone.com.sg/tech-news-galaxy-s11-renders-reveal-massive-rear-camera-bump-5-lenses
S11plus_renders_1.jpg

S11plus_renders_2.jpg

From article

- same front design as Note 10/10+ series
- 6.9-inch Dynamic AMOLED display
- 166.9 x 76 x 8.8 mm
- massive rear camera bump housing 5 lenses and 2 sensors. A 108MP primary camera with 5x optical zoom and a 3D ToF sensor. This will reportedly allow the Galaxy S11+ to capture photos in QHD+ resolution and support 8K video recording.

Last edited:

aucheukyan

Master Member
Reaction score
Renders suggest Galaxy S11e to have triple rear cameras and curved display
https://www.hardwarezone.com.sg/tech-news-renders-suggest-galaxy-s11e-have-triple-rear-cameras-and-curved-display
s11e_render1_news.jpg

s11e_render2_news.jpg

From article.

- Same front design as Note 10/10+, with slight curve edges
- 6.2 inches to 6.3 inches display
- vertical camera array with three lenses
- 151.7 x 69.1 x 7.9 mm
- ultrasonic fingerprint sensor
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 or Exynos 990 chipset, 6GB RAM, 128/256GB internal storage options and a microSD memory card slot
- reveal expected to be on 18 February 2020
The 11e almost the size of the S10 :(

Sent from Xiaomi REDMI K20 PRO using GAGT

defnull

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
the S11 still uses exynos chip is quite a dealbreaker for me - somemore they closing that exynos down, which means we can expect less support?

we pay the same amount, sometimes even more to get this shittier version of S11 is rly damn tulan

thinking of alternatives, maybe the mi 10 or some other phone that has same camera sensor and snapdragon 865

defnull

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
so far anyone managed to get snapdragon versions of s10? with warranty?

defnull

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i think i will not buy if it's the damn shiet exynos

we are getting fcked everytime by samsung....... if they rly give us exynos i will go xiaomi, oppo or any other brands than samsung

Pocoyoz

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Samsung Galaxy S11 will reportedly use the Snapdragon 865 chipset in more regions
https://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_ga...on_865_chipset_in_more_regions-news-40519.php
Samsung’s Exynos division may be losing its biggest customer – Samsung’s phone division. Korean publication The Elec reports that the upcoming Galaxy S11 flagship will use the Snapdragon 865 chipset over the Exynos 990 in all regions but one.

Traditionally, the US, China and Japan got Snapdragon chips, due to better support of local 4G flavors by the Qualcomm modem. However, next year all regions except Europe will switch over to the Snapdragon. Yes, even Samsung’s home country of South Korea – while the market isn’t that large (~20 million shipments a year total), it’s a point of pride for Samsung. Or rather it was.

Why the change? According to The Elec Samsung leadership decided that the performance difference between the two chipsets is too large. Don’t expect Samsung to say it officially, though. Still, the company already shut down its custom core division, so clearly it wasn’t happy with where things were going. Just keep in mind that this hasn't been officially confirmed by Samsung.

:D

Apparatus

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wish

1. Samsung intro Tizen OS 10.0, ditch google for good.

2. Samsung play store. 3 billion USD bounty for developers.

3. Abandon US market.

4. Move r n d hq to sinkieland.

Its Tizen OS only good for watches and TVs lah

It has moved its operations out of China and setting operations in India and Vietnam. You think they'll set up HQ here?

🙄

defnull

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Samsung Galaxy S11 will reportedly use the Snapdragon 865 chipset in more regions
https://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_ga...on_865_chipset_in_more_regions-news-40519.php
Samsung’s Exynos division may be losing its biggest customer – Samsung’s phone division. Korean publication The Elec reports that the upcoming Galaxy S11 flagship will use the Snapdragon 865 chipset over the Exynos 990 in all regions but one.

Traditionally, the US, China and Japan got Snapdragon chips, due to better support of local 4G flavors by the Qualcomm modem. However, next year all regions except Europe will switch over to the Snapdragon. Yes, even Samsung’s home country of South Korea – while the market isn’t that large (~20 million shipments a year total), it’s a point of pride for Samsung. Or rather it was.

Why the change? According to The Elec Samsung leadership decided that the performance difference between the two chipsets is too large. Don’t expect Samsung to say it officially, though. Still, the company already shut down its custom core division, so clearly it wasn’t happy with where things were going. Just keep in mind that this hasn't been officially confirmed by Samsung.

:D
yea i read this and saw the videos

honestly if they give us exynos i will skip s11......... currently using s7

will rather go for xiaomi or some other phones

Tsoukalos

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Waiting to upgrade to S11 or S11+ which ever support both 4g+5g for future proof.

But according to news only half of Singapore will have 5g network by 2022 https://www.channelnewsasia.com/new...-coverage-expected-2022-imda-iswaran-12007770

It might be more worth to get 4g handset since 5g network will be limited and 4g handset will be cheaper?
Hmm sounds practical. I prob go for s11 also. Been waiting for lg v50 but sg no release liao.

Sent from 西方极乐世界 using GAGT

Jurong640

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

looks like 108mp is confirmed for S11. We can sneak peek of how S11 will look like here

tkl23786

Master Member
Reaction score
Run down on the supposed S11 information we know so far

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.