Samsung Galaxy S20: News and Discussions

Ye_Rongtian

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Those with the S20U Exynos is hand for a few days already, how's battery life now?

Same as exynos note 10+ and S10+ with 120hz enabled. Standby drain getting better now. 1st night dropped 7%. 2nd night didn't drop. 3rd night only 2%.

Omnia1

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
There is some truth to this. One of the few reasons why we are also not the first few on the update list. Which adds on to the compounding list of why we are so slow on it too. We as a nation don’t seem to have commanding power in the market to influence impact to them. Not big enough to persuade them as much as we dislike it.

Our market is too saturated with other cheap devices that sells quickly. It is getting harder to convince people to get the high end devices at these cost these days. We are incredibly price sensitive as compared to others and selling it for a lower cost here does not like they are too excited over it too. They rather focus on places with larger and better market.

Eventually this will be the same for the other Brands in due time. Only Apple things will not chance cause they are the only one who makes iOS devices.

I'm happy that despite the small size of the Singapore market, it is important enough to be the launch market for many of the latest high-end models. For example, the Galaxy Z Flip was available in Singapore ahead of other regional countries. Same for iPhones, foreigners come to SIngapore to queue to get new models on launch day.

Sent from Samsung SM-T865 using GAGT

deathst

Master Member
Reaction score
I'm happy that despite the small size of the Singapore market, it is important enough to be the launch market for many of the latest high-end models. For example, the Galaxy Z Flip was available in Singapore ahead of other regional countries. Same for iPhones, foreigners come to SIngapore to queue to get new models on launch day.

Sent from Samsung SM-T865 using GAGT
Mhm. The latest device we are bound to have. There is a small group that they will always want to catch with that. But catching the mass now is quite difficult.

whencatsruletheworld

Reaction score
Got my S20 Ultra on 2nd March from Carousell. Some dude pre-orderedf from a telco. Got a decent deal for a sealed set + buds @ $1.6k.

Anyway after 3 days, here's my battery report. Will monitor for the next week.

Day 1 (2 March) - 120hz, FHD, No battery saving.

Downright terrible battery. Only managed to get an average of 3hr screen on time. Standby time was draining for some weird reason

Day 2 (3 March) - Switched it up with WQHD, 60hz, no battery saving.

Decent battery life. 4.5 hours of screen on time. I don't game on my phone but I use social media a lot.

After the 2 days, day 3 seems to be a bit better

Day 3 (4 March) - Went back to 120hz

Screen on time went to 5hrs 20 mins. Which honestly is not bad. So kinda happy with it.

Day 4 (5 March) - Same setting as day 3

Similar screen on time at 5hr 30 mins.

Long story short. Same thing applies, the adaptive battery learns your usage patterns first.

From my Note 10+ experience, battery life got better after 2 weeks of constant use. So I hope the case is similar for the S20 Ultra.

deathst

Master Member
Reaction score
Got my S20 Ultra on 2nd March from Carousell. Some dude pre-orderedf from a telco. Got a decent deal for a sealed set + buds @ $1.6k.

Anyway after 3 days, here's my battery report. Will monitor for the next week.

Day 1 (2 March) - 120hz, FHD, No battery saving.

Downright terrible battery. Only managed to get an average of 3hr screen on time. Standby time was draining for some weird reason

Day 2 (3 March) - Switched it up with WQHD, 60hz, no battery saving.

Decent battery life. 4.5 hours of screen on time. I don't game on my phone but I use social media a lot.

After the 2 days, day 3 seems to be a bit better

Day 3 (4 March) - Went back to 120hz

Screen on time went to 5hrs 20 mins. Which honestly is not bad. So kinda happy with it.

Day 4 (5 March) - Same setting as day 3

Similar screen on time at 5hr 30 mins.

Long story short. Same thing applies, the adaptive battery learns your usage patterns first.

From my Note 10+ experience, battery life got better after 2 weeks of constant use. So I hope the case is similar for the S20 Ultra.
👍🏼 Battery life usually will stabilise around the 5 day mark on wards when the system still know what process you use frequent and those you do not and will not run them up as often.

Android pie’s Adaptive battery at work.

shawniiex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hmmm... All using S20 Ultra?

Anyone using small S20 can provide review on Battery screen on time?

gapboy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
https://www.guidingtech.com/top-first-things-samsung-galaxy-s20-s20-plus/

9. Enable Adaptive Power Saving

If you are a power user who is looking to maximize the power of the battery on your phone, the Adaptive Power Saving is one feature you should certainly activate.

This module uses machine language to learn about your app usage and other phone habits and disables any app that potentially drains the battery unnecessarily. Interesting, I'd say. To enable it, go to Device Care > Battery > Power Mode, and toggle the switch for Adaptive Power Saving.

rabbit1

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
https://www.guidingtech.com/top-first-things-samsung-galaxy-s20-s20-plus/

9. Enable Adaptive Power Saving

If you are a power user who is looking to maximize the power of the battery on your phone, the Adaptive Power Saving is one feature you should certainly activate.

This module uses machine language to learn about your app usage and other phone habits and disables any app that potentially drains the battery unnecessarily. Interesting, I'd say. To enable it, go to Device Care > Battery > Power Mode, and toggle the switch for Adaptive Power Saving.

All it does is to automatically cut CPU performance to 70% when it senses battery is draining.

athenodorus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The newly announced Oppo find x2 Pro might be one option for those who keep complaining abt exynos and 128gb storage.

lorettatay

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Same. Not sure if they will even call before delivering.
They won't call u before delivery. Maybe they have spider sense that there will be ppl at home. Mine quite fast. Monday afternoon apply the redemption wed received.

Sent from Samsung SM-G988B using GAGT

BeefCutlet

Banned
Reaction score
for galaxy buds home delivery... must the redmeption called be filled up or just pass the unfilled redemption card can lioa?

asking cause already provided all the details online

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.