Samsung Galaxy S20: News and Discussions

vaguejizz

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
how bad is the delay? I know there is some delays but to me is like less than 10 secs

The thing is my whatsapp is always going off due to work, so maybe my whatsapp will never be put to sleep

up to 5 mins, started happening after the update

alprakas

Reaction score
Ask you guys ah, I recently got a S20+ korean version. Box says it has 5G.. but I have been trying to get the 5G to work on it without any success. I am using Singtel sim with 5G plan and 5G on the same sim was working fine on a local Note 20 Ultra 5G model... I wonder if you guys have any advice regarding this.... Thank you all in advance!

Glariel

Banned
Reaction score
Ask you guys ah, I recently got a S20+ korean version. Box says it has 5G.. but I have been trying to get the 5G to work on it without any success. I am using Singtel sim with 5G plan and 5G on the same sim was working fine on a local Note 20 Ultra 5G model... I wonder if you guys have any advice regarding this.... Thank you all in advance!
Probably not supported

alprakas

Reaction score
Probably not supported
Ah Thanks Glariel! That is sad.. I was hoping that to use my 5G data on on this phone.. else paying for the 5G plan without using it.. the 5G n78 band is available on this phone.. Singtel also uses this band, from what I can online.. and yet no support! sad ah...

malaikai2005

Reaction score
Went down samsung service center today
Because my s20ultra backcover loose due to the glue dont stick very well
They managed to repair it
Still under warranty so its free

I have another appointment to get the screen protector .. currently no stock

Cheers and stay safe guys

harky

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Went down samsung service center today
Because my s20ultra backcover loose due to the glue dont stick very well
They managed to repair it
Still under warranty so its free

I have another appointment to get the screen protector .. currently no stock

Cheers and stay safe guys
tht bad man

malaikai2005

Reaction score
Please be advised that your pre-order Screen protector is ready for collection. Opening hrs: Mon-Sat : 11am-7pm, Sun/PH 11am-5pm

Nonsensical99

Reaction score
Anybody faced any issues with the fingerprint sensor before? The sensor shows up on the lock screen but when i pressed my fingers on it, it is not reading it. Either asking me to cover the sensor or fingerprint doesn't match. I tried clearing the cache partition and it doesn't work also.

firesong

Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Anyone else having white screen problems?

My mom's phone screen suddenly went white. It is just about a year old, so it's very disappointing. Went down to the service centre, and noted at least 2 other S20+ owners sending in their phones with the exact same problem - screen went totally white suddenly for no reason.

They want to charge for screen replacement. :(

lousydrinker

Master Member
Reaction score

My mom's phone screen suddenly went white. It is just about a year old, so it's very disappointing. Went down to the service centre, and noted at least 2 other S20+ owners sending in their phones with the exact same problem - screen went totally white suddenly for no reason.

Holly sh1t. No leh. I hope not

blizzard88

Reaction score

I have the same issue, and it's after the warranty period. As always, my Samsung device always failed after warranty. Paid $389.23 to replace the screen. Cross fingers and hope it last. Only 1 month warranty for the screen.

soulpower11

Reaction score

Just happen to my S20 Ultra today, looks like a common issue

lalalaaa

Reaction score

same issue here. apparently many online reports about it. speaks alot about samsung quality nowadays. damn disappointing

WhiteGorilla

Reaction score
I had the same screen issue also yesterday.
I hard reboot my phone a few times and it became well again. Once it locked screen and turned back on, back to white and green flickering again..
Read online they said it could be a firmware issue, so i troubleshooting by clearing partition cache, safe mode and yada yada by blindly guessing where the options are.
Finally doing a factory reset but still facing the same problem.

Anybody else has any other solution?
In dilemma whether to get a new phone or just send it for servicing.

lousydrinker

Master Member
Reaction score
I had the same screen issue also yesterday.
I hard reboot my phone a few times and it became well again. Once it locked screen and turned back on, back to white and green flickering again..
Read online they said it could be a firmware issue, so i troubleshooting by clearing partition cache, safe mode and yada yada by blindly guessing where the options are.
Finally doing a factory reset but still facing the same problem.
Anybody else has any other solution?
In dilemma whether to get a new phone or just send it for servicing.

wah, like that I scare. better get rid of mine soon

Read HWZ Forum Rules!

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.