Samsung Galaxy S21 series, the same old thing again?

kelvinti

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
With a heavy heart, no more Odin flashing heart stopping moments and no more special modem tuning. Safe exit S21! Till the next time bros! S21 will remain as the longest android I’ve used!
Good bye! Bro! Enjoy your new toy! :)

trenzterra

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
At least have option of replacement I guess. Then again mine still ok but looking for option when it really becomes cmi already.

I bought some cheap hydrogel ones off Shopee from some sellers with flash sales for $1. Peeled a little of the front film off the hydrogel ones to see how it feels like, actually not so bad. Seems like it’s not the rubbery kind that I have encountered long time ago. Quite decent for $1.
But of course, still can’t compare to the original factory film though.
Yeah not sure if my eyesight getting worst due to age or the quality is getting better. Back in s7 era I got a Spigen neoflex and the quality was really crappy... Orange peel effect all over etc. The neoflex I installed on my s21 ultra seems better. Yes when screen off still can see abit of the orange peel effect but when screen is on its very clear and all

trenzterra

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just sharing with you guys, my first batch of Taobao screen protectors just arrived. This batch is not the original SP that I ordered separately.

It claims to be PET material but it seems to be mixed a little bit with TPU. The orange peel effect is very minimal, not very noticeable as compared to the Neoflex. With the screen on, it probably feels the same as the original SP and clarity is good. just very tiny orange peel effect when you shine it on a bright light when the screen is off.

Only thing is that it's a bit tricky to apply on. Sides are cut very tight (probably to maximise compatibility with cases) so you need to align properly, while need to make sure no dust seeps in. I ordered 18 pieces and wasted quite a few before I pasted satisfactorily. But the price per piece is cheap la so no issue.

There are some bubbles, which based on previous experience with this same brand, should go away in a few hours.

Link here 6.0!tNZDX3bi9Ud嘻 https://m.tb.cn/h.4rY6WiG?sm=3025ed 适用三星s20原装高清膜note9手机贴Ultra菲林热弯软10+全覆盖出厂

polowalrus

Reaction score
Just sharing with you guys, my first batch of Taobao screen protectors just arrived. This batch is not the original SP that I ordered separately.

It claims to be PET material but it seems to be mixed a little bit with TPU. The orange peel effect is very minimal, not very noticeable as compared to the Neoflex. With the screen on, it probably feels the same as the original SP and clarity is good. just very tiny orange peel effect when you shine it on a bright light when the screen is off.

Only thing is that it's a bit tricky to apply on. Sides are cut very tight (probably to maximise compatibility with cases) so you need to align properly, while need to make sure no dust seeps in. I ordered 18 pieces and wasted quite a few before I pasted satisfactorily. But the price per piece is cheap la so no issue.

There are some bubbles, which based on previous experience with this same brand, should go away in a few hours.

actually why this seller tho? I see a lot of sellers on taobao selling similar product and a lot of hydrogel ones. All look to actually come from same factory probably.

I can only find 2 distinct differences is that it comes in 2 types. One type comes flat (hydrogel?) and the other kind comes slightly curved (more PET?)
Dunno which is better though, unless someone else tried both before

trenzterra

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
actually why this seller tho? I see a lot of sellers on taobao selling similar product and a lot of hydrogel ones. All look to actually come from same factory probably.

I can only find 2 distinct differences is that it comes in 2 types. One type comes flat (hydrogel?) and the other kind comes slightly curved (more PET?)
Dunno which is better though, unless someone else tried both before
I try to find reviews where users claim it's close to the original. I chose PET because i dislike full hydrogel protectors (rubbery feel). Though it seems like this is kind of a hybrid as it displays some hydrogel characteristics... I guess probably it can't be full PET as it will not stick on the curve

username03

Reaction score
Hopefully the May update for local devices will be released soon and hopefully it is fixed... My old S9+ on android 10 no such issues and every third party app notifications is as instant as it could be, without doing any settings or turning off battery optimisation settings.

kashix

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hopefully the May update for local devices will be released soon and hopefully it is fixed... My old S9+ on android 10 no such issues and every third party app notifications is as instant as it could be, without doing any settings or turning off battery optimisation settings.
There’s no change log for fixing this particular issues on the May update. I was already on May’s update on my S21 before I sold it. Don’t get your hopes up high.

username03

Reaction score
There’s no change log for fixing this particular issues on the May update. I was already on May’s update on my S21 before I sold it. Don’t get your hopes up high.
So your s21 also had notification delays for third party apps like Gmail WhatsApp etc?

kashix

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So your s21 also had notification delays for third party apps like Gmail WhatsApp etc?
I don’t have such problems from the start but what I noticed is, for example if I received email from gmail, my iOS will get first then after few seconds then my S21 will have it. But WhatsApp I no problem. Your case is quite drastic so I think don’t put too much hopes in getting a fix via updates. May’s update is only to camera afaik

username03

Reaction score
I don’t have such problems from the start but what I noticed is, for example if I received email from gmail, my iOS will get first then after few seconds then my S21 will have it. But WhatsApp I no problem. Your case is quite drastic so I think don’t put too much hopes in getting a fix via updates. May’s update is only to camera afaik
That's why I find it weird... S21 and s21 plus don't seem to have the problem. I'm on Ultra... I suspected hardware but also couldn't pinpoint because voice calls and sms gets thru without delays. Only third party apps...

And I setup from clean... So could only be software... Not sure what's the differences between the models.

kashix

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
That's why I find it weird... S21 and s21 plus don't seem to have the problem. I'm on Ultra... I suspected hardware but also couldn't pinpoint because voice calls and sms gets thru without delays. Only third party apps...

And I setup from clean... So could only be software... Not sure what's the differences between the models.
Hahaha change phone, can safe exit liao

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.